Vault Disney

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » May Fri 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Vault Disney was so awesome. We don't really watch much TV, but when we do, it's usually on the Disney Channel (pretty much the only clean programming we can find). I was very upset when they stopped having Vault Disney on.

The worst part of the Disney Channel programming is that they play the same handful of episodes from each of their shows. Also, the episodes that come on in the evening repeat a few hours later, so it's hard to watch the Disney Channel at 6pm and 10pm.

Moviemaker137
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Moviemaker137 » May Fri 11, 2007 10:32 pm

Hey anybody think it would be possible to send a petition about bring back the Vault Disney? I mean I dont care if it's a section of the nighttime programming or if they make it a second Disney Channel... like a Classic Disney station. Anybody have any opinions on this? I figured this was the best place to put it cause I want to see Vault Disney back too :P The classic programing was sooo much better than the stuff they put on now.

MM137

slotofkit
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by slotofkit » May Fri 11, 2007 11:04 pm

To be honest, I don't mind that they don't have Vault Disney and are instead putting them all to DVD. I'd rather have that as Vault Disney would be in the wee hours of the night when I couldn't watch. If they all go to DVD it means I can watch anytime it's convenient!
--------------------------------------------
"It's a tribute to all nations but mostly America"
-Sam the Eagle
Muppet Vision 3D

SWHorn

Post by SWHorn » May Thu 17, 2007 1:51 pm

I wish they'd just do both...Vault Disney on TV and DVD.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

Moviemaker137
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Moviemaker137 » May Thu 17, 2007 3:32 pm

How much do the Vault Disney DVD's normally cost in store and where can I buy them? I've gone to the Disney Stores in the malls and I never see the really interesting stuff like that anymore... it all like the more modern and hip stuff that will make more money for them.

MM137 :mickey:

ZenMondo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by ZenMondo » May Fri 18, 2007 5:23 pm

Well the Disney Treasures DVDs are sold in limited quantity, if I see one I want at the store, I pick it up right away, I've waited in the past and had to buy some on the secondary market.

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » May Tue 22, 2007 3:13 am

Being a "youngin" I still loved Vault Disney. I religiously watched Zorro @ 10:00pm. I was furious when I went on to watch Zorro and it was gone. I was thinking they should bring the Vault back. Or they should make a channel like "Boomerang" from Cartoon Network. But they should play the classic Disney shows and updates on the parks! I think that would be awesome!
I do stuff sometimes.

thsawrp
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by thsawrp » May Thu 24, 2007 4:02 pm

I have collected all of them on DVD so far but i do agree that i would rather have the channel to turn on. Just like they have a Toon Disney Channel that is on 24/7 they should have the same for Vault Disney!

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Jun Fri 01, 2007 4:57 am

The cynic in me (which is 95% of me) says they dumped the show because they don't want to remind people that they used to produce intelligent, quality television, unlike the unwatchable poop on the Disney Channel these days.

As long as the brand is dumbed down, it will be easier to meet people's expectations.

Also, yes, those DVDs are fantastic (even if Leonard Malton is a worthless tool).

SWHorn

Post by SWHorn » Jun Fri 01, 2007 11:35 pm

Schnemo...that's awesome. :lol:
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

thsawrp
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by thsawrp » Jun Sat 02, 2007 7:57 pm

hahahaha i totally agree with Schnemo! I hate all of the Leornard Malton intros. He makes it seem like he was the one who created this wonderful company. You hit the nail on the head :D

PudgetteD
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by PudgetteD » Jul Sat 07, 2007 1:28 pm

I miss it too. Kids are both in bed by 9 pm so the time slot was perfect for me. IMO Disney is forgetting my generation, which is sad because it's our money that is being spent so that our children can live the magic. Seems like Disney could cater more to their adult fans during that time slot as most kids are, or should be, in bed.

jiminycricket

Post by jiminycricket » Jul Wed 18, 2007 10:47 pm

I guess I am a little late with my post but I had to add my 2 cents. My husband and I talk about this all the time! We absolutely loved Vault Disney and wish they would bring it back. He would stay up to catch Spin and Marty (we do have that on DVD now) and I got hooked on Zorro! I would watch it every night and if we went on vacation I would record it while I was gone. I would love to have the entire collection on DVD (does that one exist yet?) And the animation at the beginning was great (thanks for the link). I really miss it! But I do love that they are releasing many of the shows on DVD.

ZenMondo

Post by ZenMondo » Jul Sun 22, 2007 7:58 pm

Breegan

Post by Breegan » Jul Tue 24, 2007 12:00 am

oooh I remember Vault Disney!! my family would watch it all the time!
"Why should i sail with any of you? Four of you tried to kill me in the past! ...One of you succeeded."

"Shoot him, and cut out his tongue, then shoot his tongue. And trim that sgraggly beard."

(Tia Dalma:) "You know I demand payment." - ( Jack:) "I brought payment. Look!" (shoots the monkey) "An undead monkey! Top that!"

"Son....Im Captain Jack Sparrow...savvy?"