Best Disney Hotel?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

rocketman
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by rocketman » May Mon 07, 2007 10:30 am

I've been lucky enough to stay at most of the Disney hotels in the US (love those cast discounts) but without a doubt, my favorites are

-Wilderness Lodge
-Grand California
-Polynesian

Animal Kingdom Lodge is also really cool and Disneyland Hotel can't be beat for nostalgia and history

How about the hotels in France and Tokyo?

Oh, almost forgot... has anybody stayed at the WDW Castle? Any lucky winners out there?

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Mon 07, 2007 2:11 pm

My DW and I LOVE the Swan. It walking distance to EPCOT and the boardwalk. If you get the correct side of the Hotel, you can see the fire works from EPCOT. I know technically it's not a Disney hotel. Oh, our other reason to love it...My DW has a connection that get us it for $79 a night!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » May Mon 07, 2007 2:57 pm

I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Beach Club, BoardWalk, and Dolphin over the years... by far my favorites so far are GC and BW, but I'm trying to convince the little lady to try out the Wilderness Lodge this December, even though we'd like to stay at the Poly, GF, or YC (but oh the $$$)...
~Steve

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Mon 07, 2007 3:30 pm

I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Beach Club, BoardWalk, and Dolphin over the years... by far my favorites so far are GC and BW, but I'm trying to convince the little lady to try out the Wilderness Lodge this December, even though we'd like to stay at the Poly, GF, or YC (but oh the $$$)...
Animal Kingdom lodge is GREAT!! We had a view of the Savannah and could sit on the balcony for hours. You should really try it

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » May Mon 07, 2007 5:27 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:Animal Kingdom lodge is GREAT!! We had a view of the Savannah and could sit on the balcony for hours. You should really try it
But it's so far away from everything! Can you even walk to Animal Kingdom? Either way, I need something closer to the action. If I want to bus everywhere I'll stay at a moderate.
~Steve

NsDodgers
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by NsDodgers » May Thu 17, 2007 11:57 am

Wilderness lodge is my favorite that I have personally stayed at. Walking around the premises just gives a feeling on comfort and relaxation. If I had infinite money I would stay at Hotel Miracosta inside Disney Sea, it looks so luxurious

JWG
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by JWG » May Thu 17, 2007 1:39 pm

Boardwalk Villas (or any of the Epcot resorts). Love the Boardwalk activity, love walking to ESPN Zone for the game if appropriate, love walking to MGM and Epcot, love being able to view Illuminations from the hotel balcony...

Only downside is no CS options and bus sharing.

Followed (VERY VERY) closely by Contemporary Resort. That will always likely be my favorite out right hotel resort. If the put DVC there, it'll likely bump up to #1 again. I like having the MK close (2nd favorite park to Epcot) and with a 9 month old, likely my most visited park for some years to come.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]

ldzny
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by ldzny » May Thu 17, 2007 1:59 pm

I've only ever stayed at the Port Orleans, it was nice but the Wilderness Lodge looked allot nicer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You hurt your what?" ~ Tow Mater
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Thu 17, 2007 2:52 pm

spaulo wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:Animal Kingdom lodge is GREAT!! We had a view of the Savannah and could sit on the balcony for hours. You should really try it
But it's so far away from everything! Can you even walk to Animal Kingdom? Either way, I need something closer to the action. If I want to bus everywhere I'll stay at a moderate.
The AK was great, but as I said earlier we love the Swan, it's in the middle of the action!

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » May Sat 19, 2007 7:06 pm

Where have I stayed?

All Star * and PopC -- okay for when you are going to the "parks" and you just want some place to sleep/shower.

AKL - our favorite, we are DAKV member we liked it so much

Beach Club -- Okay, it's nice because it's close to Fish and Chips

OKW -- Our second choice, it's quite and the rooms are good sized

Port Orleans FQ and Riverside - Both are good. I lean towards Riverside. FQ just feels a bit "cheap" for a Moderate Resort.

SSR -- BLEH! Don't like the theming, didn't care for the rooms, felt too much like a central Fla condo development .

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

pox24
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Best Disney Hotel

Post by pox24 » May Tue 22, 2007 8:25 am

The Grand Floridian :D
Married to Stephanie
Disney Veterans and DVC Members
Proud Grandparents

nancynohorse
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by nancynohorse » May Thu 24, 2007 3:29 pm

Hands down, the Wilderness Lodge! :D

Although, we started out in All Star Music (which we were grateful for in order to get off 192), we were so excited the first time we upgraded from there to Wilderness Lodge!

And if you've never eaten at the Whispering Canyon Cafe, it was a blast! I rode the horse! (Anyone know what I'm talking about?)
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey:

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » May Thu 24, 2007 8:18 pm

nancynohorse wrote:Hands down, the Wilderness Lodge! :D

Although, we started out in All Star Music (which we were grateful for in order to get off 192), we were so excited the first time we upgraded from there to Wilderness Lodge!

And if you've never eaten at the Whispering Canyon Cafe, it was a blast! I rode the horse! (Anyone know what I'm talking about?)
I know! Was it your Birthday?
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

RiaLucia
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by RiaLucia » May Sat 26, 2007 2:48 am

Mmmm one of my favorite things to do at WDW is resort hop. I've stayed in a deluxe, moderate, and budget. My family and I were put up in the Contemporary in 2000 and even though I found the design aesthetic to be a bit dated, the convenience was wonderful (Monorail!) and we ate at Chef Mickey's every morning. :-) Yum! I've also stayed at the Carribbean Beach Resort (moderate) and liked it a lot, but my favorite budget place is DEFINITELY the Pop Century Resort! I've stayed there three times and just get the biggest kick out of the theming.

Of course, I went through all this long-windedness and my true favorite is one I haven't stayed in yet, the Polynesian Resort. Although Epcot is my favorite park, the Poly is my favorite for location and theming. I've eaten at both full service restaurants and swung in a hammock on the beach. It's beautiful and fun.

I also like the Wilderness Lodge a lot. My Dad and stepmom stayed there one year and it's his favorite.

thsawrp
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by thsawrp » May Sun 27, 2007 6:08 pm

Hands down the original Disneyland Hotel!!! Got to love the Neverland pool! So cool :D I always like staying there :mickey: