Look here for Announcements by the admins

Moderator: Moderators

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some Forum Rules

Post by subsonic » Jul Fri 29, 2005 12:23 pm

To plagiarize Quickgold:

No user shall post any message that can be construed as insulting, abusive, offensive and/or mean by anyone. This extends to any post, anywhere on these boards as well as via the Private Message system.

Should someone be offended by such a posting, they should not retort the user, but rather, notify myself or any of the Moderators. Should a Moderator be involved in such an act, refer the posting to myself. Each case will be treated individually and final judgement of whether or not the message in question does in fact violate the above policy as well as punishment if necessary is final. This is your one and final warning and it is your duty to read this, not ours to inform you.

Users shall not post in any of the forums, with the exception of the community forum, any post that contains:
a. only emoticons
b. only an abbreviated emotion (i.e. LOL, ROFL, etc)
By definition, a useless post is any post which does not add to the value of the discussion of the topic at hand. Also, multiple posts in the same thread saying the same thing, or going in different directions as well (i.e. addressing the group with one post, and addressing an individual in the next)
The reasoning of such a rule is to ensure the topics that cover discussion and news are not inundated with useless posts. Judgement of if a post is useless or not is strictly up to the discretion of the moderators. Any post(s) found to be in violation of this policy will be deleted on sight by the moderators. Repeat offenders will be warned and dealt with by the moderators on a case-by-case basis.

Photos:
Photos should be limited to a maximum size 800 x 600 or 600 x 800. If your hosting service does not provide this exact measurement then choose the measurement that is close but smaller (example flickr 500 x 415). This will cut down on bandwidth usage and help those with smaller monitors to prevent left right scrolling.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Sun 02, 2005 10:20 pm

To add on, here is a listing of who to report any abusive, insulting, and/or offensive posts to, or to report something that we may miss (such as the useless posts). Any one of these people will be able to help you with any problems you may have. Clicking any of the names will take you to that users profile page, which you can use to send Private Messages (PM), EMail, or Instant Message (IM). Every contact will be handled in strict confidentiality.

Moderators
Shinku
rich
QuickGold
horizons1
acp
casrin
Dr. Ravenscroft
YZFDonor

Administrators
sockfire
js3901
subsonic
Subsonic Radio
eagle4life69
spaulo
rdeacon
addlema

ANY one of these people will be able to help you with any problems you may have. In addition, if you are having problems with usernames (being offensive or insulting, or if you created multiple usernames on accident), please contact an Administrator. We will take care of it for you. We'd like to thank everyone who has registered here with us, and any future users as well. We look forward to your participation, and cooperation. :D
Last edited by js3901 on Mar Wed 05, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

js3901

Post by js3901 » Aug Sun 06, 2006 8:46 pm

changed around some of the names in my previous post (see above). we've added some moderators and changed the admins a little while ago, but I never updated this page. So, I'm doing it now (better late than never, right?).

Remeber, ANY one of these people can help you should you have any kind of problem on the site. just send them a Private Message (PM), Instant Message (IM), or an EMail and they'll respond back shortly. :D
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Aug Tue 08, 2006 10:13 am

Now you're starting to act like me. "Should have done this a while ago" :)
Thanks for the update.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

js3901

Post by js3901 » Mar Sun 02, 2008 11:29 pm

finally (a year and a half later) did an update to the Moderator and Administrator listings.

Site Admin, WDW Freak

js3901

Post by js3901 » Aug Tue 26, 2008 3:44 pm

Ok, I'm updating all the admins/moderators yet again, and also this is a reminder to all that all users are expected to abide by these rules. They are enforced.

Also, to add onto the above rules, I'd like to add in:

No user should create a thread on a topic if another thread is already in progress on the same subject (ie - we do not need 3 or 4 threads on Song of the South or attraction closures). 1 thread will suffice for all posts, no matter the age of said posts. Use the "Search" feature on the top toolbar in the forums (between the links for "Memberlist" and "Usergroups").

Thank you for your continued participation in the forums, for for abiding by these rules.

If you have any questions, please see the following:

Moderators:
acp
casrin
Dr. Ravenscroft
eagle4life69
horizons1
QuickGold
rich
Shinku
YZFDonor

Admins:
subsonic
js3901
rdeacon
Sockfire
spaulo
Subsonic Radio

Site Admin, WDW Freak

js3901

Post by js3901 » Feb Mon 02, 2009 12:24 am

Just a reminder to all that you should read the rules posted above. All the names of your moderators and Admins are correct, as of the last update. If there are any changes, we will be sure to update this thread.

also, a quick note - Many of our threads have been around for several years now. I know reading through all the pages of some of the threads is tedious and many people just want to post their thoughts while they have them. But, I ask that you at least read the original post, and make sure to note the DATE, as well as CONTENT of that post. Sometimes, the original poster is no longer a user, or the content of that post (in the case of moving or a planned trip, etc) has long-since past. just keep this in mind when posting your comments.

Site Admin, WDW Freak

js3901

Post by js3901 » Apr Sat 11, 2009 4:59 pm

updated listing for your friendly Moderators and Administrators. If you wish to report a post/user or just ask a question, we will answer it to the best of our ability. If the one you ask is unable to answer, we will confer with the other Admins/Mods to make sure we get a correct answer for you.

Moderators:
acp
casrin
eagle4life69
horizons1
QuickGold
rich
Shinku
YZFDonor

Admins:
subsonic
js3901
rdeacon
Sockfire
spaulo
Subsonic Radio
addlema
Dr. Ravenscroft

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Some Forum Rules

Post by Len90 » Mar Wed 25, 2015 5:10 pm

I guess we should have an updated list of all the moderators and administrators:

Moderators:
casrin
eagle4life69
horizons1
QuickGold
rich
Shinku
cy1229

Admins:
subsonic
js3901
rdeacon
Sockfire
spaulo
Subsonic Radio
addlema
Dr. Ravenscroft
acp
disneyfan2
YZFDonor
Len90
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Some Forum Rules

Post by Len90 » Jun Thu 23, 2016 10:14 am

I'm going to give this thread a quick bump as a means to being reminded of the rules.

Let's try not to post anything that can cause animosity amongst members. There is no need to post public shaming, etc. If you have any issues contact the moderators or administrators IMMEDIATELY!

1. PM or email any member of the "The Team". A list of "The Team" can be found here so yo: memberlist.php?mode=leaders
2. You can stop by the chat room which is accessed by: http://www.subsonicradio.com/chat/
3. Send an email to us via the feedback option on the main website.

Thanks and carry on!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"