All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Skipper's Cantina Restaurant

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Fri 27, 2015 3:08 pm

zhoover wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:I'm trying to think about what would be another fun themed restaurant after a ride....
Haunted Mansion! Gracey Mountain Ballroom restaurant.
That's a good one! A similar idea would work well at ToT. Maybe they "reopened" the hotel's restaurant.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 27, 2015 7:32 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
rdeacon wrote:Lets hope the menu is something themed and not just burgers and hot dogs.
We can surely hope!

I have a feeling it will offer food similar to Kona Cafe at the Poly or perhaps Trader Sam's from Disneyland Hotel. That way you use things you know guests already like and you already have the ingredients coming in.
That seems like a logical idea ~ I can't imagine they will be overly adventurous with the menu, other than perhaps being creative with the names.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:
zhoover wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:I'm trying to think about what would be another fun themed restaurant after a ride....
That's a good one! A similar idea would work well at ToT. Maybe they "reopened" the hotel's restaurant.
I like both of these ~ as much as I love the Haunted Mansion, the ToT restaurant would be really cool!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Mar Mon 30, 2015 9:59 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:
zhoover wrote:
Ohhh I would love BOTH of those! Think of the special ghostly effects they could put into a restaurant. I hope someone is working on that! :-)

Searlproudbottom
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Searlproudbottom » Aug Sat 15, 2015 10:56 am

I was hoping the would have chicken on the menu

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Sat 15, 2015 12:27 pm

So let's think about that statement in the article that said "This would be significant as it would be the first restaurant at the domestic Disney Parks inspired by an original Disney attraction and not an animated or live action film." Is that really true? theBIGyowski just mentioned Trader Sam's. We have to conclude that was inspired by the same attraction.

Plus, isn't the Jungle Cruise itself inspired by the live action True Life Adventure films?

I thought of Aunt Polly's but I guess that wouldn't count because it is inspired by the Tom Sawyer stories and not necessarily Tom Sawyer Island the attraction.

How about restaurants in Epcot inspired by their attractions in each host pavilion? Hmm. Interesting brain exercise.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

octoberbarry

Post by octoberbarry » Aug Sun 16, 2015 11:56 am

I believe the food is rumored, at least, to be African and Asian themed and inspired. A bit of AK food in MK? I'd love that...

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Aug Mon 17, 2015 9:58 am

octoberbarry wrote:I believe the food is rumored, at least, to be African and Asian themed and inspired. A bit of AK food in MK? I'd love that...
I wonder if they'll have limited alcohol service, along the same lines as "Be Our Guest."

Searlproudbottom

Post by Searlproudbottom » Aug Sun 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Plus, isn't the Jungle Cruise itself inspired by the live action True Life Adventure films?
Sources of inspiration for the Jungle Cruise include a 1955 True-Life Adventure, "The African Lion," about a pride of lions, and the film The African Queen.
Imagineer Harper Goff referenced the African Queen frequently in his ideas; even his designs of the ride vehicles were inspired by the steamer used in the film.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Mon 24, 2015 11:23 am

I am super excited as well about this new restaurant! One of my favorite restaurants (way way way back when) at Disneyland was the Tahitian Terrace. It was in Adventureland between the Jungle Cruise and the Tiki Room, and it was so much fun! It was actually an outdoors restaurant, which worked just fine in Southern California, and there was a Luau show similar to a shortened version of the big dinner theatre at the Polynesian! I am really looking forward to a new themed place to eat!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Diebolds
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Diebolds » Aug Sun 30, 2015 9:04 am

Looking forward to seeing the menu and trying the food there.

octoberbarry

Post by octoberbarry » Sep Sat 05, 2015 7:20 am

zhoover wrote:
octoberbarry wrote:I believe the food is rumored, at least, to be African and Asian themed and inspired. A bit of AK food in MK? I'd love that...
I wonder if they'll have limited alcohol service, along the same lines as "Be Our Guest."
It's going to be very controversial on the boards, I'll bet, if they do. When they crossed that border with 'Be Our Guest', it was a big deal, but arguably fit the theme of the French restaurant. This one will be another line in the sand crossed, I think...Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily against it, but it will be a BIG topic of conversation...not that Disney will particularly care, I think, because plenty of folks will go in there and order a beer and those $$$'s will drown out all the noise...

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Sep Mon 07, 2015 8:47 am

The original post link had a possible opening of November 2015. Any further news on how the renovations are progressing? I honestly can't say I remember seeing this location on any previous trips. Maybe because I never went looking for Tinkerbell.