Relief of Wait Times at Soarin and Toy Story Midway Mania

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Relief of Wait Times at Soarin and Toy Story Midway Mani

Post by cy1229 » Oct Thu 29, 2015 9:44 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:So I read that Soarin' will close on Jan 4th for the update/re-do until "mid-summer." So with the new Frozen attraction not coming online until "Early 2016" that leaves TT as the only attraction with long lines---and will only get longer.

Essentially between Jan 4th and whenever the Frozen thing opens there will only be one attraction that puts butts in the seats. Mayyyybe you throw SSE in there, but still...you know what I mean. 60-70 min waits aren't out of line for Soarin' and TT on a normal day. Now take one of them away.

...And lets face it--that Frozen thing is going to be crazy popular--at least when it opens!

Now this wont stop me from going--I go for all the other things there, but does anyone else think attendance will suffer a little? I think the younger crowd will be less inclined to go.
That Captain EO revival sure isn't bringing them in...
:lol: :lol:

Just a random thought. Anyone else want to chime in?
You forgot Mission:Space.

But yeah, you're right. Families with kids will make Epcot a half-day park now. Soarin, SSE, Nemo, TT, and maybe the three caballeros thingamabob at Mexico, a toy from Japan, and the kids will be done.

Well they might like the drums in Japan and the acrobats in France. But I don't see families leaving for a dip in the pool then coming back.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Mon 02, 2015 8:00 am

cy1229 wrote:You forgot Mission:Space.

But yeah, you're right. Families with kids will make Epcot a half-day park now. Soarin, SSE, Nemo, TT, and maybe the three caballeros thingamabob at Mexico, a toy from Japan, and the kids will be done.

Well they might like the drums in Japan and the acrobats in France. But I don't see families leaving for a dip in the pool then coming back.
HA--good point!! you know why I forgot it? Because I hate it!!! Well, I take that back--I've never done the high intensity one, but I have this fear that I wont be able to walk right all day after it :)

And you bring up a good point---not returning for the after pool dip. What a shame because Epcot at night is the best thing at WDW! (IMHO of course...)

Yes Amy---Captain EO is still there--lol
When they moved the Tomorrowland free preview in there (at least I think that's what it was--it was definitely some Disney movie) I thought for sure the Captain would go back into the vault, but then they announced, "Don't worry Captain EO will return!"
lol
Who knew!! I guess they really don't have any (short term) plans for that space.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Wed 04, 2015 9:09 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:
cy1229 wrote:You forgot Mission:Space.

HA--good point!! you know why I forgot it? Because I hate it!!! Well, I take that back--I've never done the high intensity one, but I have this fear that I wont be able to walk right all day after it :)

And you bring up a good point---not returning for the after pool dip. What a shame because Epcot at night is the best thing at WDW! (IMHO of course...)

Yes Amy---Captain EO is still there--lol
When they moved the Tomorrowland free preview in there (at least I think that's what it was--it was definitely some Disney movie) I thought for sure the Captain would go back into the vault, but then they announced, "Don't worry Captain EO will return!"
lol
Who knew!! I guess they really don't have any (short term) plans for that space.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you having difficulty walking at the end of the day is more a function of your beverage of choice and the quantity of them you consume. :D

Hey, if all the families with whining children want to skip Epcot at night, that's ok with me, I'm glad to be there with lower crowds. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 05, 2015 8:15 am

cy1229 wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say you having difficulty walking at the end of the day is more a function of your beverage of choice and the quantity of them you consume. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: