All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Wild Africa Trek

Post by sfein » Feb Tue 24, 2015 6:28 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any familiarity with this tour? Specifically, when to make reservations. I am going in July and I wanted to know how far in advance I need to sign up. I'd actually prefer to do it when we are there so I can pick (as best as possible in that time period) the nicest day I can. But I didn't know if it filled quickly and needed to plan weeks or months ahead.

Thanks

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Wild Africa Trek

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 24, 2015 8:21 am

I went on this tour and booked at least a few months in advance. I imagine there is a possibility that you could still swing a reservation when you are there, but I think it would be risky. Especially since you are going during a busier time in the parks. I would say your best bet is to look at the extended weather forecasts and hope for the best.

sfein

Post by sfein » Feb Tue 24, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks. I was afraid of that :cry:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 24, 2015 1:24 pm

sfein wrote:Thanks. I was afraid of that :cry:
You can always book it, and then when you arrive check in with them and see if there are any openings on a more preferred day. I know on the same trip, I had a Segway tour planned and the day it was supposed to be had a horrible weather forecast with rain and super cold temperatures. I was able to change the tour to a different day with no problem. Just be aware of the cancellation policies so you don't get burned on your deposit.

sfein

Post by sfein » Feb Tue 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Good suggestion. Thanks

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Thu 26, 2015 11:28 am

We did it and loved it! It was the middle of July, and we booked the first one in the morning. Usually Florida weather holds up in the morning, doesn't rain until later on. It was seriously a really great adventure... We want to do it again!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Feb Thu 26, 2015 1:04 pm

cousininmiami wrote:we booked the first one in the morning.
Also, many of the animals are most active first thing in the morning. My family did the Wild Africa Trek early one day in November - very worthwhile experience!

sfein

Post by sfein » Mar Mon 09, 2015 6:40 am

Good to know about the early morning having a better shot of being drier. We were there 5 years ago in July, but I just don't remember when it rained.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Mar Mon 09, 2015 7:23 am

sfein wrote:Good to know about the early morning having a better shot of being drier. We were there 5 years ago in July, but I just don't remember when it rained.
Here in Florida it rains every afternoon during rainy season! As early as 1pm - 5pm plan on getting wet during our rainy season which is basically June - September.
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°