Favorite Dinner and Breakfeast Buffets

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

sag746
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Favorite Dinner and Breakfeast Buffets

Post by sag746 » Feb Wed 04, 2015 5:14 pm

I have always loved the Clam Bake Seafood Buffet at the Cape May Restaurant at the Beach Club Resort. Great Beef Sirloin, Ribs, all the Steamed Clams you
can eat, Corn, Salads,etc. They used to have the best New England Clam Chowder, but as usual they started to improvise with it and started to add
weird things like corn kernals.

For breakfeast I love the Buffet at the Captains Grille at the Yacht Resort. They basically offer everything, and its all good. Ask for a coffee to go and the waiters
are happy to offer.

The Coronado used to offer a great Breakfeast Buffet and the Maya Grill, but some bright idea Manager decided there wasn't enough profit to be made and after
ten years the buffet was removed.
Hope you have a great day

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Favorite Dinner and Breakfeast Buffets

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Thu 05, 2015 9:09 am

Best dinner food is Cape May hands down, but nothing can beat Chef Mickey's for guest experience! Best breakfast is Boma, really unbelievable... how delicious! °o°
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Feb Thu 05, 2015 9:40 am

I've mentioned this in under other headings, but BOOOOOOOMMMMMAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, we took our son to the character breakfast at Tusker House last month - very good experience buffetwise.

dwellsbct

Post by dwellsbct » Apr Thu 16, 2015 6:13 am

An often overlooked option which has a great American food buffet is Trails End at the Ft. Wilderness campground. The breakfast buffet has all your normal breakfast comfort foods At a very reasonable price , by Disney standards. Because it's a small place the dinner options while good in taste don't give you a lot of options.
The other great thing about this place is location. I love taking a boat from the Contemporary to the campground early in the morning as the sun is rising....it's so beautiful !!!
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
W.Disney

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 16, 2015 8:36 am

dwellsbct wrote:An often overlooked option which has a great American food buffet is Trails End at the Ft. Wilderness campground. The breakfast buffet has all your normal breakfast comfort foods At a very reasonable price , by Disney standards. Because it's a small place the dinner options while good in taste don't give you a lot of options.
The other great thing about this place is location. I love taking a boat from the Contemporary to the campground early in the morning as the sun is rising....it's so beautiful !!!
I'm going to have to keep this in mind for our next trip ~ breakfast is our favorite meal and a buffet would give us lots of options, and it sounds like the trip is pretty nice ~ probably not as much fun on a bus as we generally stay in one of the value resorts, but maybe we could bus to the Contemporary and then take the boat! :D

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Apr Thu 16, 2015 8:52 am

cousininmiami wrote:Best dinner food is Cape May hands down, but nothing can beat Chef Mickey's for guest experience! Best breakfast is Boma, really unbelievable... how delicious! °o°
We enjoyed Cape May for the Character Breakfast but it sure is difficult to try and get to any other resort for breakfast early in the morning. we ended up having to take a cab plus had to call ahead to get one with a car seat just to get to the breakfast. I wish you could arrange different transportation for things like that.

The Cape May dinner buffet sounds amazing though! Would love to try that sometime!!!
We are going to the Princess dinner buffet in Norway for the first time during our trip in October. Can't wait! How's the food at that one??

Bunni
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Bunni » Apr Fri 17, 2015 4:36 am

We have a family tradition of going to The Crystal Palace buffet in Magic Kingdom on our first proper night of holiday every time we visit. We love the Winnie the Pooh characters (especially Tigger!) though we are usually pretty tired by 7pm dinner that first night lol! It always feels like a nice welcome home :)

dwellsbct

Post by dwellsbct » Apr Fri 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Amy wrote:
dwellsbct wrote:An often overlooked option which has a great American food buffet is Trails End at the Ft. Wilderness campground. The breakfast buffet has all your normal breakfast comfort foods At a very reasonable price , by Disney standards. Because it's a small place the dinner options while good in taste don't give you a lot of options.
I'm going to have to keep this in mind for our next trip ~ breakfast is our favorite meal and a buffet would give us lots of options, and it sounds like the trip is pretty nice ~ probably not as much fun on a bus as we generally stay in one of the value resorts, but maybe we could bus to the Contemporary and then take the boat! :D
Amy... My wife and I always stay at POP! Century so I take the bus to the TTC then monorail to Contemporary to catch the boat :) It works well for me :goofy_bounce:
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
W.Disney

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 17, 2015 7:20 pm

dwellsbct wrote:
Amy wrote:
Amy... My wife and I always stay at POP! Century so I take the bus to the TTC then monorail to Contemporary to catch the boat :) It works well for me :goofy_bounce:
Thanks for the tip! I always forget about the TTC for some reason :?

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Apr Thu 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Amy just take the bus to magic kingdom and take the boat from there to wilderness. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 23, 2015 8:14 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:Amy just take the bus to magic kingdom and take the boat from there to wilderness. :D
That sounds even easier ~ now to get a trip in the works! :goofy_bounce:

Marty Moose
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Marty Moose » Apr Fri 24, 2015 12:38 pm

The Crustal Palace. The food is good, but it is a family tradition to eat there once every trip.
"Park's closed. Moose out front should have told ya."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 24, 2015 7:05 pm

Marty Moose wrote:The Crustal Palace. The food is good, but it is a family tradition to eat there once every trip.
I know it's just a typo but The Crustal Palace fits right in with your Family Vacation theme ;) :lol:

octoberbarry

Post by octoberbarry » Apr Sun 26, 2015 7:42 am

We also very much enjoy Trail's End for breakfast...the atmosphere in and around the place is restful and laid back, and the boat ride is terrific. If you're an adventurous eater, Boma, over at the AKL, is an experience. And the decor and theming of that resort and restaurant is unforgettable.

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Chuckus95 » Apr Mon 27, 2015 7:05 am

zhoover wrote:I've mentioned this in under other headings, but BOOOOOOOMMMMMAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, we took our son to the character breakfast at Tusker House last month - very good experience buffetwise.
+1 for both Boma and Tusker. We really like O'hana and Crystal Palace for breakfast.