Disney World Buffets

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

sag746
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Disney World Buffets

Post by sag746 » Dec Wed 31, 2014 5:21 pm

Which buffet do you enjoy the most and which gives you the best buck for your dollar? I love the Clambake at Cape May and the breakfeast buffet at the Yacht Club.
Hope you have a great day

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Disney World Buffets

Post by cccmouse » Dec Wed 31, 2014 8:29 pm

I believe that the best value for your money buffet is the Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. It does not have the biggest selection but the food is good and it is fairly reasonable (by Disney standards). We always eat at least one breakfast and dinner there each trip. It also gets you out of the madness of the parks and hotels for a little while and is a nice place to take an after dinner stroll.

sag746

Post by sag746 » Jan Thu 01, 2015 10:34 am

We've been going to WDW for twenty five years and I have not tried Trail's End for breakfeast. We will make an effort to try it.

thanks
Hope you have a great day

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Jan Fri 02, 2015 10:37 am

I enjoy Boma - good location, good variety, good opportunity to try different things.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 02, 2015 6:37 pm

zhoover wrote:I enjoy Boma - good location, good variety, good opportunity to try different things.
Are the food items marked well there? I'm always happier if I know what I am eating, and especially so when the food items are more unusual like I imagine they would be at Boma.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Sat 03, 2015 10:36 am

My favorite is also Boma for breakfast... its amazing! But I think I will try Trails End next time! Thanks for the idea!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Sat 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Amy wrote:
zhoover wrote:I enjoy Boma - good location, good variety, good opportunity to try different things.
Are the food items marked well there? I'm always happier if I know what I am eating, and especially so when the food items are more unusual like I imagine they would be at Boma.
All the names are there, and there are plenty of staff nearby to ask questions. I really think you should try it, Amy, as there are lots of good things to try and enough familiar dishes if you're not feeling adventurous.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 03, 2015 8:00 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
All the names are there, and there are plenty of staff nearby to ask questions. I really think you should try it, Amy, as there are lots of good things to try and enough familiar dishes if you're not feeling adventurous.
Maybe next time. I did talk Figment into trying the Moroccan quick serve the last time we went and she was surprised that she liked what she did. We just have to be careful with allergies, but I know WDW is really good about that if you pipe up and let them know.

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Jan Mon 05, 2015 8:48 am

Amy wrote: Maybe next time. I did talk Figment into trying the Moroccan quick serve the last time we went and she was surprised that she liked what she did. We just have to be careful with allergies, but I know WDW is really good about that if you pipe up and let them know.
I've been to Boma with friends and family members who have allergies, and our server has always been able to direct them to the *safe* options on the buffet. I've got a reservation for next Monday after the marathon weekend, and I can't wait!!!

bcgm3
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by bcgm3 » Jan Mon 05, 2015 10:11 am

Not sure if this quite counts, and I'm a bit biased, as I've only ever been to this one, but... I really enjoyed the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall buffet (EPCOT > Norway) when I went for a friend's birthday last year. You have to be partial to fish and open to some pretty unique flavors... Truly a memorable experience!

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Jan Mon 05, 2015 12:47 pm

Not technically a buffet, but I love the "all-you-can-eat" style of The Garden Grille in the Land (plus Mickey photo-op!). I watched my dad and brother polish off a platter of catfish and the waiter brought them another...and another. They can get a little competitive when it comes to food.
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Mon 05, 2015 4:40 pm

I just came back and my New Year's Eve dinner was at The Diamond Horseshoe (overflow from Liberty Tree Tavern). I was not impressed with the food overall there. Also, I don't really think the Diamond Horseshoe is set up to be be a restaurant. No restroom in it, and they had to leave the doors open causing it to be quite chilly inside while dining.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 05, 2015 9:11 pm

Len90 wrote:I just came back and my New Year's Eve dinner was at The Diamond Horseshoe (overflow from Liberty Tree Tavern). I was not impressed with the food overall there. Also, I don't really think the Diamond Horseshoe is set up to be be a restaurant. No restroom in it, and they had to leave the doors open causing it to be quite chilly inside while dining.
That's strange as the Diamond Horseshoe served food during their dinner show all those years. I can't remember about the restrooms though ~ there really aren't any inside?

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Tue 06, 2015 12:06 pm

gonna have to submit another vote for Boma being a fantastic buffet

DW and I dined there on our honeymoon and on our last trip in 2014. Both times were great and we had wonderful servers who answered any and all questions we had. I also loved that they had African beer and wine to choose from.

I've been to Hollywood & Dine in the Studios and thought it was pretty good and had plenty of options for kids. Not to mention...if you go at lunch you get Disney Junior characters which is huge for the kids.

DW and I hope to go to Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Akershus on future trips when we start bringing the kids.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Tue 06, 2015 1:38 pm

I liked Askerhus before it was a Princess dining experience. Post-princess, meh, not so much. I felt like the food was more authentically Norwegian before the Princesses took over.

Boma is so good. Have I said this before? :lol:

Most of my favorite Disney dining experiences (except Boma) have been character-less and buffet-less. I don't know if I'd count 'Ohana as a buffet, but maybe a crossover between traditional table service and buffet. That's probably my favorite all-you-can-eat-but-probably-shouldn't Disney restaurant.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016