Story about Avatar Ride

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

lonepalm
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Story about Avatar Ride

Post by lonepalm » Dec Thu 11, 2014 8:02 am

I found this mildly interesting and thought I'd share. There isn't a ton of new or groundbreaking information, but thought some might want to read:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/avatar-r ... 08378.html

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

Marty Moose
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Story about Avatar Ride

Post by Marty Moose » Dec Thu 11, 2014 12:43 pm

Interesting article. I'm curious to see how Disney brings Avatar / Pandora to life. But, I don't think it will have the drawing power that Harry Potter or even Star Wars does....
"Park's closed. Moose out front should have told ya."

lonepalm

Post by lonepalm » Dec Fri 12, 2014 7:44 am

Marty Moose wrote:Interesting article. I'm curious to see how Disney brings Avatar / Pandora to life. But, I don't think it will have the drawing power that Harry Potter or even Star Wars does....
Yeah I was kinda shocked when they announced "Avatar-land", especially since it was kinda after the Avatar madness. I know there will be more Avatar movies coming out in the future, but I didn't think the first was all that great (it was ok) and I don't think it has the staying power of Harry Potter or Star Wars, kinda like I think you were getting at.

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Sat 13, 2014 4:58 pm

Potter won't have the staying power either if the franchise remains closed and no new content is allowed to be created (like it is now).

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Dec Sun 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Ugh. I am tired of large format video substituting for good old fashioned physical sets and props.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Dec Mon 15, 2014 9:45 am

Am I correct that the deal to put Avatar in Animal Kingdom happened before the Walt Disney Company bought Lucasfilm? If so, I wonder if they would've bet on Avatar when they had Star Wars and Indy on the table.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 15, 2014 12:27 pm

zhoover wrote:Am I correct that the deal to put Avatar in Animal Kingdom happened before the Walt Disney Company bought Lucasfilm? If so, I wonder if they would've bet on Avatar when they had Star Wars and Indy on the table.
Interesting question ~ I would guess probably so though since Avatar fits so well in with Animal Kingdom.

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Dec Mon 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Amy wrote:Interesting question ~ I would guess probably so though since Avatar fits so well in with Animal Kingdom.
I have no doubt that Disney will pull off something amazing with the "Avatar" section of Animal Kingdom, but I suppose the question is how much interest there will be in a theme-park area based on a 5+ year-old film that - despite it making more money than all other films in history combined - people seem to have largely forgotten. At the very least, Disney is betting that the sequel(s?) will be pretty good.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Dec Mon 15, 2014 5:03 pm

zhoover wrote:At the very least, Disney is betting that the sequel(s?) will be pretty good.
I am sure that's the case. Ongoing franchise with Avatar will work in the short run. They can always turn Avatarland into Endor later!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 15, 2014 9:25 pm

horizons1 wrote:
zhoover wrote:At the very least, Disney is betting that the sequel(s?) will be pretty good.
I am sure that's the case. Ongoing franchise with Avatar will work in the short run. They can always turn Avatarland into Endor later!
I'm sure they are planning the movie and park opening close to one another ~ and horizons1 probably has the secret with them turning it into something else once the Avatar-ness wears off! :lol:

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Dec Tue 16, 2014 10:04 am

Beastly Kingdom. Yup.

Now, can we just get to work with gene-splicing and modifications so we can have REAL avatar animals and dragons, please? We could insert some sort of nutrient deficiency into the new beasts, so we can control them. Wait, does that sound familiar?
UncleScrooge477

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Dec Tue 23, 2014 9:23 am

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Beastly Kingdom. Yup.

Now, can we just get to work with gene-splicing and modifications so we can have REAL avatar animals and dragons, please? We could insert some sort of nutrient deficiency into the new beasts, so we can control them. Wait, does that sound familiar?
Yeah -- I kinda wish they would have just kept going with their original concept with the Beastly Kingdom and done more with those mythical creatures and nothing that was already created by another movie.
I would have liked to see some dragons and unicorns -- not blue people. But that's just me. I'm sure whatever they do, they will make it fantastic.