Too much Frozen?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Too much Frozen?

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Mon 19, 2015 2:58 pm

If you had a product that made you billions of dollars...and people kept wanting more...you'd keep selling it.

At some point, Disney is going to have to start making animated shorts with the characters or something. The film by itself won't be able to sustain at the pace it is now.

Another reason it is so powerful is that it appeals to both girls and boys. Boys love Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven...and the girls love the princess stuff. Perfect storm as far as a Disney movie goes.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Jan Tue 20, 2015 1:43 am

sgrfunk wrote:I strongly believe that the "Frozen" fad is so over with. Disney needs to come up with a new story and new characters now.
I wish that were true, but my kids would beg to differ.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Tue 20, 2015 8:27 am

sgrfunk wrote:I strongly believe that the "Frozen" fad is so over with. Disney needs to come up with a new story and new characters now.
Nah. That's a cash cow Disney is going to milk for awhile. Kids still love it. I'm sure our parents got sick of Star Wars stuff.

Man, talk about your cash cows. :)

I don't have a problem with Frozen. I liked it. Didn't looove it, but enjoyed it. Yeah it's everywhere, invading everything. Most of that will go away.

Then there's Maelstrom. **sigh**
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Jan Tue 20, 2015 9:10 am

cy1229 wrote:
Nah. That's a cash cow Disney is going to milk for awhile. Kids still love it. I'm sure our parents got sick of Star Wars stuff.

Man, talk about your cash cows. :)

I don't have a problem with Frozen. I liked it. Didn't looove it, but enjoyed it. Yeah it's everywhere, invading everything. Most of that will go away.

Then there's Maelstrom. **sigh**
too soon, man. Too soon....
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

grimmghosts96

Post by grimmghosts96 » Jan Wed 21, 2015 8:56 am

I think Frozen was good but having 2 girl's who have watched it so many times I'm getting burned out on it.

With Norway becoming a Frozen attraction I think it takes away from the idea of what World Showcase represents.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Jan Thu 22, 2015 2:36 am

grimmghosts96 wrote:With Norway becoming a Frozen attraction I think it takes away from the idea of what World Showcase represents.
This exactly. And sadly with the rumors I've seen about a new Frozen building popping up there too, I'm afraid it's going to get even worse. :(

I think it's smart for them to add a Frozen attraction (though I'd prefer it at MK), but I hate when they take away perfectly good attractions to build another one. They have plenty of land to use - it's not like they're running low on space. I understand that new development costs more, but I have a feeling with the Frozen mania, the investment would have been worth it.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Marty Moose
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Marty Moose » Feb Wed 11, 2015 9:19 am

I agree that it takes away from what world showcase is supposed to be. We just got back and did NOT meet the princess, go to the Frozen sing along or do anything else Frozen. Of course, we didn't travel with any young girls to influence our touring.

As I said before, a family visiting for the first time or who visits infrequently will like the amount of Frozen in the parks. Only hard-core fans (and you are probably the ones who belong to this forum and will read this) see the Frozen phenomenon as an intrusion into "our" parks.
"Park's closed. Moose out front should have told ya."

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Wed 11, 2015 1:06 pm

They're Disney characters, so they definitely belong at WDW. My only problem is how they are choosing to incorporate them.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Feb Thu 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Agreed. Pinning millions of dollars on one song...

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Thu 12, 2015 8:16 pm

I even like the song and I'm starting to get tired of it too. :? :(

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Feb Sat 14, 2015 11:37 pm

Personally I thought the movie suffered overkill the minute I finished watching it for the first time. I couldn't help but think, 'All the fuss over this??'

Then again, Twilight and the 50 Shades of Grey books made millions. I don't understand this world.
Image Image

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Apr Thu 09, 2015 10:50 am

I kind of think there is too much Frozen but as intelligently stated previously for those that don't get to visit that often you have to feed the masses. And Frozen is STILL a huge hit. Plus they have done some amazing stuff. I mean the stuff they did at Hollywood Studios was pretty amazing. I agree it sucks that Norway is getting the shaft because I think The World Showcase should remain about the actual countries. And To behonest, I was a little disheartened when they did the Castle lights and changed it just from the magic of believing you could bring ice to the castle to having it be Frozen related. But again, you have to feed the masses and after it all Disney IS a buisness.

I just wish they had more stuff related to Tangled than just a nice bathroom setup, but that's because I liked Tangled more. Please don't egg or tomato me.

octoberbarry

Post by octoberbarry » May Mon 11, 2015 7:19 pm

I don't really have a problem with the big push for 'Frozen' in general, it is capitalism at its 'best'...and that's the system we've bought into, so we've go to go along with it, to some extent. Things will come and things will go. That's how Walt wanted it anyway.
I do strongly agree, however, with the statements about Frozen showing up in EPCOT world showcase. That was, for me, a big step too far, and very much the wrong placement for such a thing.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Mon 29, 2015 9:57 am

I think the Frozen push is getting a bit out of hand but for Disney it all comes down to $$$. If that is what is earning them cash, then they have every right to exploit it. I personally have had enough of it but I will say the Frozen fireworks at DHS are absolutely AMAZING! Stand on Hollywood Blvd just past the statue of the cameraman statue and the palm trees. You'll have the best view of the sides and you far enough from the stage that it doesn't block the stuff launched directly above it. Finally you are still able to see the stage show and it actually isn't that packed in like it is further back on the street.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Jul Wed 01, 2015 8:32 am

Blackie Pueblo wrote:I agree it sucks that Norway is getting the shaft because I think The World Showcase should remain about the actual countries.
On one hand I agree because I think it changes the character of World Showcase, but on the other hand I don't think Norway is getting the shaft in the sense that they couldn't be happier about the newfound interest in their county and culture, millions of new tourism dollars, and Disney Cruise Line dropping anchor along their coast.
Blackie Pueblo wrote:I just wish they had more stuff related to Tangled than just a nice bathroom setup, but that's because I liked Tangled more. Please don't egg or tomato me.
Here, I agree on both hands. "'Tangled' is better than 'Frozen.' Sven, don't you think that's true...?"