Toy Story Mania only FastPass+ Accessible This Week

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Toy Story Mania only FastPass+ Accessible This Week

Post by cy1229 » Oct Mon 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Here's a fine how-do-you-do! This week, guests at WDW reportedly will need a FP+ to ride TSM. Loverly.
WDW News Today wrote:Walt Disney World is attempting to offer enough FastPass+ throughout the day to fill the attraction to capacity, not allowing any guests to use a standby queue or use the Disability Access Service (DAS) to ride.
Here's the link...
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2014/10/breaking- ... dwaymania/
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Marty Moose
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Toy Story Mania only FastPass+ Accessible This Week

Post by Marty Moose » Oct Mon 06, 2014 2:13 pm

This is ridiculous. This is just a bad idea for a couple of reasons:
- It seems the big problem with Toy Story in the past was that all FP would be gone early in the morning and standby lines up to 100 min. Now they've just replaced that with FP+.
- I'm not a big fan of planning my meals 180 days out and I like the idea of scheduling my rides in advance even less.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 06, 2014 7:02 pm

I am interested to see what the outcome of this latest FP+ scheme will be. I don't see how they can possibly do this and I'm sure there are some of the folks that use the disabled assistance cards (whatever it is called nowadays) will be quite unhappy.
I agree with you Marty Moose that I don't want to have to schedule every single moment before I even set foot on the property. It really sucks a lot of the fun out of the whole experience for me :(
And I understand that off property guests can make their FP+ ressies at the kiosks once they get in the park, but I can't help but think about the people from other countries that have language barriers already and trying to explain to them what they have to do in order to ride a particular attraction, much less one that is available by reservation only and there is no stand-by line :roll:

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Oct Mon 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Disney is employing this tactic of trying to increase capacity by not adding in any new attractions, entertainment etc to keep people occupied. This is a test of the ride ability to operate as a FP+ only attraction in advance of the the addition of a third track, which is now currently in work. When this test is completed, I see Disney deciding to see how well simply adding capacity to an existing attraction works to decide whether or not to add the third theater to Soarin.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Oct Fri 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Wow, I"ve missed a lot of news in the while I haven't been keeping up with the forums. This information is foiling my plan of heading there first, riding once, then using a prearranged fast pass. Any ideas how extra magic hours will be worked in?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 10, 2014 7:24 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:Wow, I"ve missed a lot of news in the while I haven't been keeping up with the forums. This information is foiling my plan of heading there first, riding once, then using a prearranged fast pass. Any ideas how extra magic hours will be worked in?
Oooo, good question! I wonder if it simply won't be operating during EMH? Or maybe on-site guests will be able to make FP+ ressies for EMH hours while day guests will not?

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Oct Sat 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:Disney is employing this tactic of trying to increase capacity by not adding in any new attractions, entertainment etc to keep people occupied. This is a test of the ride ability to operate as a FP+ only attraction in advance of the the addition of a third track, which is now currently in work. When this test is completed, I see Disney deciding to see how well simply adding capacity to an existing attraction works to decide whether or not to add the third theater to Soarin.
So your saying this is NOT something that would ever be permanent, or added to other attractions on a permanent basis either? I certainly hope not!! I cannot imagine making "reservations" for an attraction before you ever leave home!! This certainly is not my idea of a vacation.