Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Ellen's Energy Adventure - WRONG!

Post by cy1229 » Nov Mon 03, 2014 2:47 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:the expert was probably Bill Nye...who we know today is not really all that smart when it comes to earth science
Bill Nye isn't an expert on anything except explaining science to kids and teenagers. I know he has a degree, but I don't remember in what he specialized. Regardless, no one could know everything about all things science.

It was known long before EEA was Imaigineered how oil, gas, and coal were formed. I think it was just someone being a little lazy in checking the facts.

To be honest, it would have been more interesting to have a "ride-through" of an "ocean" of the interesting plants and animals from that period. Everyone has seen dinosaur exhibits, but how many have seen renderings of the plants and animals that stretch back hundreds of millions of years before THEM?
I like where you're going with this.

OK...think about this for a second...

WDI decides to revamp the entire Universe of Energy attraction...razing it to the ground along with the Wonders of Life Pavilion. They then create a new pavilion dedicated to energy and the ways engineers and scientists are coming up with energy for the future. It will be big enough for a headliner attraction as well as maybe 1 or 2 other A or B ticket attractions as well. Heck...you can even bring Ellen back in some capacity in the pavilion since she is still very much relevant in pop culture. You'd want to be as objective as possible of course...making sure you leave politics out of everything. The physical footprint of the new pavilion would be about the same size as The Land including Soarin'.

You don't even have to keep it themed with energy...but with energy being very important this century...I think it would be a great way to both educate and inspire the next generation like EPCOT was originally intended to do.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!

Seriously... It could build off of Conservation Station in DAK and show new ways of using energy - kids could power an energy bike (they love doing that) or there could be energy bike races... stuff like that. Could also include a bit about reduce / reuse / recycle / repurpose. Doesn't have to be too tree-hugger, in-your-face, in its message, just common sense about taking care of the planet and keeping it clean.

In my line of work, I've learned that there is NO perfect energy source. Keeping the information objective is what we in my organization strive for and that's what this set of attractions could do, too.

I like how you think, theBIGyowski!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Mon 03, 2014 2:50 pm

There could even be a "space trash" laser blasting game. Lose points for destroying something we want to keep (like the ISS, for example). :) Similar to Buzz in MK and TSMM in DHS in that it's virtual shooting. Combine it with a vehicle similar to Star Tours so that it's a semi-sort-of simulator ride. Wouldn't take up as much space that way. Only problem I can see with that is ride capacity. Hmm this might take more thinking.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Mon 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Yep...if you remain objective and show this generation and the next generation how amazing our planet is...you allow them to use their own imaginations to take those building blocks and create amazing things.

As a lover of the dinosaur diorama, I am OK seeing it "recycled" to some other Disney park. ;)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 03, 2014 9:07 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:the expert was probably Bill Nye...who we know today is not really all that smart when it comes to earth science
Bill Nye isn't an expert on anything except explaining science to kids and teenagers. I know he has a degree, but I don't remember in what he specialized. Regardless, no one could know everything about all things science.

It was known long before EEA was Imaigineered how oil, gas, and coal were formed. I think it was just someone being a little lazy in checking the facts.

To be honest, it would have been more interesting to have a "ride-through" of an "ocean" of the interesting plants and animals from that period. Everyone has seen dinosaur exhibits, but how many have seen renderings of the plants and animals that stretch back hundreds of millions of years before THEM?
I like where you're going with this.

OK...think about this for a second...

WDI decides to revamp the entire Universe of Energy attraction...razing it to the ground along with the Wonders of Life Pavilion. They then create a new pavilion dedicated to energy and the ways engineers and scientists are coming up with energy for the future. It will be big enough for a headliner attraction as well as maybe 1 or 2 other A or B ticket attractions as well. Heck...you can even bring Ellen back in some capacity in the pavilion since she is still very much relevant in pop culture. You'd want to be as objective as possible of course...making sure you leave politics out of everything. The physical footprint of the new pavilion would be about the same size as The Land including Soarin'.

You don't even have to keep it themed with energy...but with energy being very important this century...I think it would be a great way to both educate and inspire the next generation like EPCOT was originally intended to do.
I like this! I hope someone that has some pull actually reads these forums :D