Backlot Tour Closing

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Backlot Tour Closing

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 10, 2015 4:32 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I am more sad about the "old original" Backlot Tour being gone, but that has been gone for years. The one that just finally closed down is a shell of it's former glory. A blessing to close finally.

I remember back in the 80's and 90's when the Backlot Tour was actually really cool! Driving past the houses, sometimes seeing something being filmed. Going thru costuming and props was also really fun! When my kids were little we loved it! In fact I will never forget the time they were both picked to be on the Honey I Shrunk the Kids bumble bee flying scene! Does anyone else remember this? It was awesome, my daughter about 8-yrs old at the time on "the bee" and my son about 5-yrs old holding her hand and flying next to her! I sure wish I still had the video of this... what a bummer.

But for now seriously I am happy they finally closed the Backlot, and put it out of it's misery! On to bigger and better things I suppose 8-)
I remember the bumble bee scene ~ that was taken out relatively early from the tour wasn't it? I always thought it would be fun but I was not selected. I really liked seeing the Golden Girls and Empty Nest Houses ~ I thought that was pretty neat. I did get to participate in the war boat scene a few times though which was always fun. Figment got to do that with me once as well a long time ago!

Diebolds
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Diebolds » Apr Sat 18, 2015 10:02 am

So wanted to volunteer for the boat film making on the next trip.....

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Apr Wed 22, 2015 2:24 pm

I've done the Harbor Attack cast twice. The first time I was by myself, so it was cool. The second time I had the wife and kids along, so it was the most awesome thing ever. (My kids are still young enough to think that.) :)
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

bcgm3
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by bcgm3 » May Sun 03, 2015 3:04 pm

cousininmiami wrote:... the Honey I Shrunk the Kids bumble bee flying scene! Does anyone else remember this?
Somewhere in my grandparents' house, there is an ancient VHS cassette from when I rode the bee. Those were the days.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 03, 2015 4:44 pm

bcgm3 wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:... the Honey I Shrunk the Kids bumble bee flying scene! Does anyone else remember this?
Somewhere in my grandparents' house, there is an ancient VHS cassette from when I rode the bee. Those were the days.
That would be great to find and convert to either a DVD or MP3 so you can watch it again!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » May Wed 06, 2015 1:23 pm

I definitely remember the bee! And, I've been a part of the boat attack scene too! I was on the front of the boat washing up with rags. I got soaking wet -- and it was totally worth it! :-)