Off Kilter

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Marty Moose
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Off Kilter

Post by Marty Moose » Oct Sat 11, 2014 9:38 am

I'm not sure that any entertainment in World Showcase should be permanent, so in that respect I understand Disney changing out Off Kilter.

But....If the goal is to add more cultural experiences why keep them there so long to begin with? And I've seen the lumberjack show via youtube and they are no Off Kilter.
"Park's closed. Moose out front should have told ya."

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 11, 2014 11:01 am

Most likely because it was easy to keep them on contract. No need to worry about next year when you keep them perpetually locked to the property.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Oct Sat 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Really love Off Kilter. Just how long have they been performing at Epcot? Maybe their contract was up and they are the ones who chose not to continue performing there. I know they have been there for many, many years, I just don't know when they first came to Epcot. I will really miss them when I finally make it back! But since they have to go they could make us all feel just a little better about it if they brought back that beyond delicious Canadian snack...BEAVER TAILS!!!!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 11, 2014 7:08 pm

They, according to the wiki, were formed by Disney in 1997, and Disney elected to not renew their contract (AKA firing them but not having to pay benefits or any termination expenses).

They've been dumping out the old acts at DLR too, the funny part is that even though the group was contracted to play there Disney actually holds the rights to the name/brand so if they wish to perform outside of the parks they have to use a different name. Billy Hill and the Hillbillies now performs under different names as they couldn't keep the old one.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Oct Sun 12, 2014 9:12 am

Sharonofwindham wrote:Really love Off Kilter. Just how long have they been performing at Epcot? Maybe their contract was up and they are the ones who chose not to continue performing there. I know they have been there for many, many years, I just don't know when they first came to Epcot. I will really miss them when I finally make it back! But since they have to go they could make us all feel just a little better about it if they brought back that beyond delicious Canadian snack...BEAVER TAILS!!!!
No way! They used to have Beaver Tails? When was that? I second having those available. Although there's some irony in going all the way to Florida for it :)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sun 12, 2014 11:17 am

I think they were phased out in the early 2000's.

dwellsbct
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by dwellsbct » Aug Thu 06, 2015 2:26 pm

I miss Off Kilter. I hope they move on to bigger and better things!
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
W.Disney

BenB

Post by BenB » Aug Tue 11, 2015 12:17 am

dwellsbct wrote:I miss Off Kilter. I hope they move on to bigger and better things!
I miss them too. However, I've seen the new lumberjack show and I've got to say, as much as I liked Off Kilter, the new show is even better.

Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.