Drones above WDW skies?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Re: Drones above WDW skies?

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Aug Wed 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Haven't seen Avatar, but the flixel patent is an interesting read. It indicates there's a prototype and they've mapped out, at least in rough, how the control systems could work. It did answer a few of the questions that instantly popped into my head in regards to how wind could affect the flight not to mention what if a propeller quit.

The size given has quite a variety though from 12-36 inches in height. I'm curious as to what level of buzz noise 4 propellers on a 36 inch tall UAV could create. Particularly if you have a large number in the air at the same time. Another reason to have the show a fair distance away from the audience and put the music speakers between them and the UAVs. :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 27, 2014 8:32 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:Haven't seen Avatar, but the flixel patent is an interesting read. It indicates there's a prototype and they've mapped out, at least in rough, how the control systems could work. It did answer a few of the questions that instantly popped into my head in regards to how wind could affect the flight not to mention what if a propeller quit.

The size given has quite a variety though from 12-36 inches in height. I'm curious as to what level of buzz noise 4 propellers on a 36 inch tall UAV could create. Particularly if you have a large number in the air at the same time. Another reason to have the show a fair distance away from the audience and put the music speakers between them and the UAVs. :)
I haven't seen Avatar either, but feel like I know a fair amount about it having heard my friends gush over it when they first saw it. I have to put that on my list of movies to watch someday ~ hopefully before I go to WDW when the new land opens.
Good point about the noise. All the better reason to have some great music!

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Aug Thu 28, 2014 12:26 pm

...I thought Avatar was super boring, but did appreciate the technology to bring it to life.