Memory Maker ~ now with video!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Memory Maker ~ now with video!

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 23, 2014 9:14 pm

Did anyone else see that the Memory Maker is going to include a video memento of your Tower of Terror drop? Sounds like you have to have a magic band and also have linked the Memory Maker in your My Disney Experience account, but it sounds pretty cool to have a video along with your photos!

zammis
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Re: Memory Maker ~ now with video!

Post by zammis » Aug Sun 24, 2014 4:18 am

I think it sounds amazing! So cool! Although me and my families faces won't be a pretty picture ha!

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Aug Sun 24, 2014 6:22 am

We purchased it for our upcoming trip-posing at everything is one of our favorite activities at Disney!!

zammis

Post by zammis » Aug Sun 24, 2014 8:46 am

Nice haha! Good on ya Phillip! Are you able to put it onto youtube or anything?

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Aug Thu 28, 2014 5:25 am

Maybe....we'll see!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Mon 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Oh man that sounds interesting. I know Mine Train has a picture and video in it now. They did a great job in hiding the camera location. I always enjoy doing funny ride photos, but have nothing for this one.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Thu 03, 2015 10:28 am

Has anyone used Memory Maker lately? I have never gotten it before and just wondering what people think of it.

We have 10 people on our trip, including my one year and this is his first trip to Disney World. So I'm feeling like this might be a good investment for this trip.

Thoughts???

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Sep Thu 03, 2015 2:28 pm

Belle1082 wrote:Has anyone used Memory Maker lately? I have never gotten it before and just wondering what people think of it.

We have 10 people on our trip, including my one year and this is his first trip to Disney World. So I'm feeling like this might be a good investment for this trip.

Thoughts???

I got it for my January 2015 trip with just me and my dad and it was totally worth it. When I explained to him that every Disney photographer would take our picture and we could download all of them, he went a bit mad and we stopped for. every. single. photographer. Our Memory Maker download had to be broken into 13 zipped files...We got videos of Tower of Terror and Seven Dwarfs and plenty of magic shots.

With 10 people, make sure you link everyone through My Disney Experience so that all the bands will link to the memory maker purchase. That way you don't have to stay together to get all the pictures.
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

Captainnobeard
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by Captainnobeard » Sep Thu 03, 2015 10:08 pm

we've got Memory Maker for our trip end of October. it is stupid expensive, but as i'm likely to be the only one with a camera in our group, it will be nice to get some family pictures with myself in them too :) we aren't planning on doing ToT, but i know that we should get a video from Seven Dwarfs Minetrain that i'm looking forward to getting. as for the crazy cost, when we figured the amount this trip is costing us, we kinda figured what what a bit more....

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Fri 04, 2015 11:03 am

That is great to hear about it being worth it! I know it is spendy, but at the same time when you are already spending so much money -- at least this is a great way to capture so many memories and to know that whatever pictures you want you can have. Still so pumped about the ride pictures! I don't know if we have ever purchased any of those, so that is a blast! Especially with the video! :-)
I think it will be worth it for sure for our group of 10. I will definitely link it to everyone's magic bands.
So fun!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 04, 2015 3:21 pm

Captainnobeard wrote:we've got Memory Maker for our trip end of October. it is stupid expensive, but as i'm likely to be the only one with a camera in our group, it will be nice to get some family pictures with myself in them too :) we aren't planning on doing ToT, but i know that we should get a video from Seven Dwarfs Minetrain that i'm looking forward to getting. as for the crazy cost, when we figured the amount this trip is costing us, we kinda figured what what a bit more....
Belle1082 wrote:That is great to hear about it being worth it! I know it is spendy, but at the same time when you are already spending so much money -- at least this is a great way to capture so many memories and to know that whatever pictures you want you can have. Still so pumped about the ride pictures! I don't know if we have ever purchased any of those, so that is a blast! Especially with the video! :-)
I think it will be worth it for sure for our group of 10. I will definitely link it to everyone's magic bands.
So fun!!!
I think the inclusion of the attraction photos and video definitely adds to the value. And it is nice to be able to have all of your photos and not have to choose. Plus as Captainnobeard said, it is a great way to have everyone included in the picture. We've never tried the Memory Maker, but I would consider it if my whole family were going. My Mom and I aren't big "stop and get our picture taken with characters" people, so it never has really been worth it for us. But when figured in as a cost of a whole trip, it really isn't a huge price.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Sat 05, 2015 8:59 am

Just purchased it! SO excited!! And yes, I think it is so fun to have the ride pictures. I probably would never buy them, so this way we get them all!

We are definitely stop and take pictures with characters people, so we will do even more of that with this!

Anyone know if once it is connect to my disney experience account -- if that means all family and friends in my group have it as well?

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Sep Sat 05, 2015 6:25 pm

We got it and I have a feeling we'll do that again. The posed ones were ok, but it was great to get every ride photo - just remember to touch your magic band to your picture after the ride. My favorite picture of the trip came from a photopass photographer who was paying attention and captured a candid shot as we passed the castle (even though one of my sons was behind me and unfortunately didn't get in the picture).

As long as your friends and family are connected with you online, you are all on it. I don't know if there's a limit on that but I'm sure it says.

Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 05, 2015 9:32 pm

That is a really cute candid shot BenB!

Captainnobeard

Post by Captainnobeard » Sep Sun 06, 2015 1:59 pm

ok, here's a memory maker question. there are 5 of us going, staying in two rooms. i'm the only one with a DME account and am listed as managing everyone in our group's plans. i have made dinner reservations, fast passes, etc for all of us without a problem. we've pre-purchased memory maker under my husband, and i am trying to figure out if we are all linked for it. everywhere i look, it says that each person will have to go onto their account and enable photo sharing for all the pictures to go onto the memory maker. since no one else has an actual account, how do i do that? any clues, anyone?