Sounds Dangerous! Who esle misses it?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

zammis
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Sounds Dangerous! Who esle misses it?

Post by zammis » Aug Wed 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Does anyone else miss the Sounds Dangerous attraction in MGM Studios? I found it really funny! Who else agrees?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Sounds Dangerous! Who esle misses it?

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 20, 2014 2:06 pm

zammis wrote:Does anyone else miss the Sounds Dangerous attraction in MGM Studios? I found it really funny! Who else agrees?
I always enjoyed that show ~ it was silly, but cute. And I loved the sound effects. Sadly I don't think many people liked it :(

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Aug Thu 21, 2014 6:10 pm

Nope. I only saw it once and the single thing I remember about it was how much I didn't like it. As I recall, I was bored.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Fri 22, 2014 4:33 pm

It felt like a waste to use the entire auditorium for a movie and sound effects - especially when they had previously demonstrated the headset trick in the little soundproof rooms at the exit. The Foley sound effects demonstration was more "worthy" of a full-scale show, IMHO.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 22, 2014 8:25 pm

horizons1 wrote:It felt like a waste to use the entire auditorium for a movie and sound effects - especially when they had previously demonstrated the headset trick in the little soundproof rooms at the exit. The Foley sound effects demonstration was more "worthy" of a full-scale show, IMHO.
Ah, was that what was in there before? I remember that show ~ that was pretty neat. I was in it a couple times :D I tried really hard to do the sound effects right but it was always much more fun to see the results when people messed up :lol:

zammis

Post by zammis » Aug Sat 23, 2014 4:46 am

I don't remember what was there before! Wow that sounds cool! But dont you all think that what is in there now, is more of a waste!?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 23, 2014 9:13 am

zammis wrote:I don't remember what was there before! Wow that sounds cool! But dont you all think that what is in there now, is more of a waste!?
Here is a link to a video taken at the Monster Sound Show at MGM in 1996 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRjLdSyKFMk It was sponsored by Sony
Considering the venue now just sits empty (as far as I know), yes, it is definitely a waste of space :(

jumrungle
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by jumrungle » Sep Wed 03, 2014 5:26 pm

I always enjoyed Monster Sound - it was pretty funny to see the people trying to match their voices (usually unsuccessfully). Kind of felt like the audio equivalent of Superstar TV (which was also pretty funny).

castmember04
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by castmember04 » Sep Thu 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Sounds dangerous should have been replaced a LONG time ago. Way too long sitting in the dark. Monster sound show was decent though. Brings back memories from my college program years.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Sep Fri 05, 2014 1:16 pm

I am saying that a pretty big theater devoted to sitting in the dark with headphones on and watching a movie is a waste. They could do much more to fill up the room by using the stage, interactivity, maybe do something with animatronics if they don't want to staff the show with a live performer.

The "history of sound in movies" is an idea.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 05, 2014 7:44 pm

horizons1 wrote:I am saying that a pretty big theater devoted to sitting in the dark with headphones on and watching a movie is a waste. They could do much more to fill up the room by using the stage, interactivity, maybe do something with animatronics if they don't want to staff the show with a live performer.

The "history of sound in movies" is an idea.
That makes sense ~ the technology that was cool when it was first opened didn't age well. I imagine the theater will be gobbled up with the Star Wars expansion in all likelihood.