Who else misses Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun Parade?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

terrortower
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Who else misses Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun Parade?

Post by terrortower » Aug Wed 20, 2014 1:51 pm

Disney’s Hollywood Studios new parade, “Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun!” will be undergoing changes in the next few weeks in response to guests’ complaints.

The new parade, which was rolled out just over two weeks ago, replaced the popular “Block Party Bash.” Both performances featured heavy doses of Pixar characters, but the latest iteration was updated to include characters from more recent films, like “Up!” and “Ratatouille.”

Still, guests seem to be dissatisfied, which is somewhat puzzling, since many of the changes to the parade were, per Disney, in direct response to guest feedback. The elimination of the previous parade’s “show stops” may be the answer – a move made at the request of park’s operations personnel. (The stops made travel back and forth across the park during the 35-minute performance difficult for guests and cast members.)

But the deciding factor to add some sparkle back into the parade back to the drawing board may have come when Parks Chairman Tom Staggs visited recently, and made a special stop to take in the parade. Apparently, Mr. Staggs agreed with guests that the parade needed some work.

As a result, look for some old favorite Toy Story charactes – like Mr. Potatohead – to be added back into the mix. Additional entertainment elements and some “Cars 2″ theming ahead of the film’s release should spice the parade up a bit as well.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Who else misses Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun Parade?

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 20, 2014 2:00 pm

We're not big daytime parade people, but the music was pretty catchy to this one. I won't miss the bottlenecks the show stops caused though!

zammis
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by zammis » Aug Wed 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Yeah, us either Amy! I miss is Terrortower and it's a real shame that there isn't any afternoon parades at MGM now!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 20, 2014 2:07 pm

I bet they will bring something back. Maybe a Star Wars themed parade?

zammis

Post by zammis » Aug Wed 20, 2014 2:20 pm

I hope so! By the way, are you Amy Shelley? I am James Lamey, the one who has sneaked into image works haha

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 20, 2014 2:27 pm

zammis wrote:I hope so! By the way, are you Amy Shelley? I am James Lamey, the one who has sneaked into image works haha
Yuppers ~ that is me. I wasn't overly creative when I signed up here on Subsonic :lol:
Good to put a user name with a complete Facebook name. I wondered who was blowing up the forum feeds today ~ The EPCOT Ninja ;)
:lol:

zammis

Post by zammis » Aug Wed 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Amy wrote:
zammis wrote:I hope so! By the way, are you Amy Shelley? I am James Lamey, the one who has sneaked into image works haha
Yuppers ~ that is me. I wasn't overly creative when I signed up here on Subsonic :lol:
Good to put a user name with a complete Facebook name. I wondered who was blowing up the forum feeds today ~ The EPCOT Ninja ;)
:lol:
HAHA! That's me, the EPCOT Ninja ha! :lol:
I know haha, I'm not new to the website and the music, but I am new to the forums! I'm just getting to know what all the icons and logos are and what they mean ha! Any tips for a first timer ha!?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Read, post, repeat! The more you explore and post, the more points you will have to request songs :D If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Most of us don't bite ;) :lol:

zammis

Post by zammis » Aug Thu 21, 2014 6:57 am

Amy wrote:Read, post, repeat! The more you explore and post, the more points you will have to request songs :D If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Most of us don't bite ;) :lol:
Thanks for the info Amy! So how many point do you have to request songs now? You must have LOADS!!! haha

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 21, 2014 9:26 am

zammis wrote:
Amy wrote:Read, post, repeat! The more you explore and post, the more points you will have to request songs :D If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Most of us don't bite ;) :lol:
Thanks for the info Amy! So how many point do you have to request songs now? You must have LOADS!!! haha
Just went and checked ~ I have 168560 points. I'm always happy to request for anyone that wants to hear something that doesn't have enough points yet. In fact, the only times I have requested something has been for others. I haven't delved into the requesting songs yet too much ~ I have have enough fun on the forums and pretty much only listen to the streams in the car when I am commuting.