What is your favorite line to wait in and why?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

What is your favorite line to wait in and why?

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Aug Wed 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Not that there is ever a line, but I like the
Seas with Nemo and Friends line
Spaceship Earth bc going up the ramp is such a satisfying kick
Muppets 3D preshow although I'm not sure if that counts as a line
Tower of Terror bc its so pretty and spooky and detailed and there is a good view right before you go in the hotel

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Re: What is your favorite line to wait in and why?

Post by Sharonofwindham » Aug Wed 13, 2014 9:05 pm

My absolute favorite would have to be Pirates of the Caribbean. My first trip to WDW I just could not believe how far it was until you reached the actual ride itself!!! It puts you in the right mood by the time you get into the boat :)
Tower of Terror is a very close second...love the feel of going back in time! The music is a great addition...really adds to the ambiance. It's been a while, but don't they pump some fog in as you are walking on the path ?

aboden

Post by aboden » Aug Thu 14, 2014 10:39 am

Sharonofwindham wrote:My absolute favorite would have to be Pirates of the Caribbean. My first trip to WDW I just could not believe how far it was until you reached the actual ride itself!!! It puts you in the right mood by the time you get into the boat :)
Tower of Terror is a very close second...love the feel of going back in time! The music is a great addition...really adds to the ambiance. It's been a while, but don't they pump some fog in as you are walking on the path ?
They used to do that, not sure if they do that any more. But I would agree ToT and probably Star Tours.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Thu 14, 2014 1:53 pm

On our 2010 trip, we took my nephew, then 9, on ToT with us, but only after much convincing that the ride is much less scary than it seemed and really a lot of fun. I promised him that he would enjoy it. So, he got in line with hubby, our girls, and me. All through the queue he started to get more and more nervous. But, he didn't back out. I kept reassuring him, but as he got more nervous I started to get worried that he would really honestly be frightened by something and would never trust me again. :) Anyway, we're on the ride, going through the part where the figures appear and then disappear just before the car moves forward to the lifts and drops. When the images disappear, Christian grabbed my arm HARD (not kidding, I had finger bruises on my fore arm!) and I had to once again tell him as quickly as I could that I PROMISE it would be fine. We got all done and he agreed, it was a fun ride, but didn't like the queue.

So, you can say, Disney did a GREAT job with that one. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 17, 2014 2:38 pm

I always find myself getting a bit more nervous in the queues for the more thrilling attractions as well because you are so immersed in the story. Tower of Terror is a good one to get your adrenaline pumping for sure. I'm glad your nephew ended up liking the ride cy1229! Splash Mountain is another one I find myself getting a bit nervous about while I am anticipating the drop.
The Haunted Mansion is a fun queue to wait in ~ even more so now that they enhanced the graveyard.

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Aug Tue 19, 2014 12:40 pm

I forgot!! I LOVE the Expedition Everest line!! Its so great and immersive. Sometimes I stop to read the museum exhibits they put together. My sister and her husband lived in Nepal for years and when I took them to that area, they were like, yes this is completely accurate. They took a bunch of pictures and their friends thought they were back in Nepal

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 19, 2014 8:16 pm

kelpseaweedkelp wrote:I forgot!! I LOVE the Expedition Everest line!! Its so great and immersive. Sometimes I stop to read the museum exhibits they put together. My sister and her husband lived in Nepal for years and when I took them to that area, they were like, yes this is completely accurate. They took a bunch of pictures and their friends thought they were back in Nepal
That's very cool! I know Disney puts a lot of effort into the little details like that so that isn't that surprising, but it is nice to hear that your sister and her husband validated the authenticity of the area :D

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Aug Wed 20, 2014 2:09 pm

Yeah and they TOTALLY validated the music loop. They both got sad bc they missed hearing that kind of music. But also they were happy they no longer were forced to listen to Nepali and Tibetan music.

zammis
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by zammis » Aug Wed 20, 2014 2:13 pm

I LOVE Muppet Vision 3D pre show! I also love Everest, Toy Story Mania and Haunted Mansion!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 20, 2014 2:26 pm

kelpseaweedkelp wrote:Yeah and they TOTALLY validated the music loop. They both got sad bc they missed hearing that kind of music. But also they were happy they no longer were forced to listen to Nepali and Tibetan music.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
zammis wrote:I LOVE Muppet Vision 3D pre show! I also love Everest, Toy Story Mania and Haunted Mansion!
The Muppet Vision 3D pre-show is pretty fun to watch and look around and see all the cool things. And Toy Story Mania is fun too because we grew up with a lot of those games :D

castmember04
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by castmember04 » Sep Thu 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Pirates of the Caribbean easily. I love the feel of the old dingy fort. And the music and believe it or not the dank smell of the water. True wdw fans know what I'm talking about. Great for nostalgia as well.

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Sep Thu 04, 2014 4:21 pm

castmember04 wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean easily. I love the feel of the old dingy fort. And the music and believe it or not the dank smell of the water. True wdw fans know what I'm talking about. Great for nostalgia as well.
Yes to all. That's one of the reasons this is usually our first stop when we arrive.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Sep Thu 04, 2014 4:50 pm

castmember04 wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean easily. I love the feel of the old dingy fort. And the music and believe it or not the dank smell of the water. True wdw fans know what I'm talking about. Great for nostalgia as well.
Dank. That is the word I have always been searching for for that scent.

awertt
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by awertt » Sep Mon 08, 2014 9:29 pm

I'd go with Space mountain, because of how the hallways look, and the music. Ahh, the sweet music. :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Sep Sun 14, 2014 11:43 am

Muppet*Vision for sure!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.