What is your favorite line to wait in and why?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: What is your favorite line to wait in and why?

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Fri 10, 2014 9:42 am

For me, really any ride queue that COMPLETELY immerses you in the ride's theme. That's why ToT and Everest are my FAV! The ToT queue is one of my fav place to take pictures because there are so many cool things to look at and very artistic.
All the pictures and artifacts at Everest are amazing as well. Ahhh - why am I not waiting in the queue right now?!

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Oct Tue 14, 2014 3:09 pm

Wouldn't it be nice to be waiting on a line right now??!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Thu 16, 2014 9:24 am

kelpseaweedkelp wrote:Wouldn't it be nice to be waiting on a line right now??!
So Nice!!!

GoldenBear
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by GoldenBear » Oct Thu 16, 2014 11:40 am

The first tunnel of space mountain. Love the music and the games along the way!

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Oct Fri 17, 2014 11:42 am

Everytime I try to answer these kind of questions my head almost exploades. So like usual I have to break it down by parks.

MK-I'm with everyone else that the POTC que really gets you in the mood. I also really like Big Thunder Mountain's updated que. It really makes me feel like I'm in the old west with all the funny signs and warnings. And I gotta say, The Seven Dwarfs mine car line is pretty fun and some of the cave areas are nice and cool. And being the oddball I am, I still like The Haunted Mansion line. Not crazy about the goofy new cemetary stuff but it is neat and is fun for kids. But I still love the omnious walk in front of the mansion then standing there in front of the tombstones, then the deadmans walk into the room that has no window and no doooors!!

EPCOT-Wow, EPCOT was hard and I love EPCOT but I will have to go with The Seas with Nemo and Friends. It's so awesome how they make you feel like you actually are at the beach and then the rails turn to rust like you're under the water.

HS-I'm going to be orginal and say... The Tower of Terror. Anyone say that one yet? And on the rare occassions that I can actually ride Toy Story Mania I think the area is done so amazingly to make you feel like you to are a toy.

GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear » Oct Mon 20, 2014 10:55 am

I think I would enjoy the Toy Story Mania queue more if I didn't have to stand in it for an hour and a half!

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Oct Mon 20, 2014 12:18 pm

I'm a fan of the Ariel queue. The exterior areas are just gorgeous with waterfalls and bridges and parapets overhead. And the interactive bits are adorable. Once you get "inside" the theme-ing is quite impressive. I like the queue more than the ride to be honest. Looking forward to showing it to my mom in 2015.

Can't wait to get a look at the Dwarf's Mine Train queue too.

PotC is definitely perfect for all the reasons previously described.

The queue for Winnie the Pooh is pretty darn cool but perhaps a bit too cool as it can be hard for parents to get the little ones to move from some of the stations.

I'm not a hyper-patriotic flag waving person, but the exhibits and portraits and design of the waiting rooms in the American Adventure make my heart swell.
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Oct Mon 20, 2014 12:43 pm

JenMuse wrote:I'm a fan of the Ariel queue. The exterior areas are just gorgeous with waterfalls and bridges and parapets overhead. And the interactive bits are adorable. Once you get "inside" the theme-ing is quite impressive. I like the queue more than the ride to be honest. Looking forward to showing it to my mom in 2015.
Yeah...a lot of folks feel the same way...that the queue is much better than the ride in comparison.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

duggett
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by duggett » Oct Tue 21, 2014 8:17 am

My favorite is the Jungle Cruise, simply because it was the first queue I encountered on my first visit to MK in 1979. I had never seen anything like it before and I was very impressed. Sure, there are probably better ones, but that one always brings back memories of that first feeling of awe.

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Oct Tue 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Blackie Pueblo wrote: EPCOT-Wow, EPCOT was hard and I love EPCOT but I will have to go with The Seas with Nemo and Friends. It's so awesome how they make you feel like you actually are at the beach and then the rails turn to rust like you're under the water.
You know, I totally forgot about this! You are right though. It is my favorite line at EPCOT. It is perfect and totally gets you in the mood

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Oct Wed 22, 2014 12:35 pm

Blackie Pueblo wrote: EPCOT-Wow, EPCOT was hard and I love EPCOT but I will have to go with The Seas with Nemo and Friends. It's so awesome how they make you feel like you actually are at the beach and then the rails turn to rust like you're under the water.
Only one problem: there is never along enough line to properly enjoy this queue in Januaries!
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear » Oct Thu 23, 2014 9:37 am

JenMuse wrote:
Only one problem: there is never along enough line to properly enjoy this queue in Januaries!
It's true. Especially hard when you come in from the outside and your eyes haven't adjusted to the darkness and you have to weave through the queue.

Alweg74
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Alweg74 » Oct Thu 23, 2014 1:40 pm

As a kid, my favorites were Space Mountain (with the faux 3d windows and great space music), Spaceship Earth (heading up that ramp into the sphere after a huge wait was pretty exciting), POTC (for the full buildout), and of course, Haunted Mansion. Also, even though the wait was treacherous, seeing those cars swing in and finally boarding the Skyway was pretty exhilarating.

Now this list includes Tower of Terror (love the entry to the lobby, and the basement is so good), Everest (everything about the story and detail up to the ride - I almost think the queue is better than the ride), and a ton of the Fantasyland rides that have been redone or newly built. The queues have really become amazing.

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Oct Fri 24, 2014 5:38 pm

castmember04 wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean easily. I love the feel of the old dingy fort. And the music and believe it or not the dank smell of the water. True wdw fans know what I'm talking about. Great for nostalgia as well.
I'd have to say Pirates also, because of the feel and the smell of the water, so ,yes, I know what you're talking about! :mickey:

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Dec Sat 27, 2014 4:44 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:
castmember04 wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean easily. I love the feel of the old dingy fort. And the music and believe it or not the dank smell of the water. True wdw fans know what I'm talking about. Great for nostalgia as well.
I'd have to say Pirates also, because of the feel and the smell of the water, so ,yes, I know what you're talking about! :mickey:
Not to mention the coolness after time in the hot sun.

My current favorite line is actually over at Land. I love the waiting area for the Disney Tikis.

And I also love, love, love the Jungle Cruise line at WDW. Wasio Na Hofu is Swahili for they who have no fear....