Calling it MGM *GASP*

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Calling it MGM *GASP*

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Fri 23, 2015 10:40 am

Our family always refers to it as MGM. And it always will be for us!!! Isn't it just easier to say? MGM or Disney's Hollywood Studios? I pick MGM.
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Feb Wed 04, 2015 10:42 am

I can't call it DHS because when I was a Cast Member at MK, "DHS" stood for Diamond HorseShoe"! We as Cast never referred to it as MGM anyway, it was (and is still) just called "the studios".
Even the parks' abbreviations used on memos are MK, EC, ST and AK.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Mon 09, 2015 12:27 pm

By now I think most people have stopped calling it "Disney's Hollywood Studios" and just call it "Hollywood Studios" or "The Studios".

I have heard rumors that the name "studios" may be going away eventually anyway since nothing is filmed there and most references to a "studio" are gone. Maybe it will change to "Disney's Hollywood Adventure" or something...I don't know.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Feb Mon 09, 2015 11:53 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:By now I think most people have stopped calling it "Disney's Hollywood Studios" and just call it "Hollywood Studios" or "The Studios".

I have heard rumors that the name "studios" may be going away eventually anyway since nothing is filmed there and most references to a "studio" are gone. Maybe it will change to "Disney's Hollywood Adventure" or something...I don't know.
That is actually in the works by the way. With the planned revamp of Hollywood Studios as well as not being a real studio anymore, the name is getting changed. Disney thinks that for some weird reason the word "Adventure" is more crowd pleasing to guests. That makes no sense in my opinion.

A bit of a side note: be ready for a Star Wars Announcement at D23 this year for the USA parks at least. Most of the final decisions of the area should be made by late spring/ early summer.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"