WDW in one day

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: WDW in one day

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Tue 15, 2014 8:03 pm

If I recall, someone brought that up once, the parking pass you get at one gate will work in all lots all day.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jul Tue 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Exactly. Pay once, in-and-out privileges at all the parks.

And traffic shouldn't be a factor.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Wed 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Amy wrote:
horizons1 wrote:Although less magical, might I suggest driving between parks? Since time is of the essence, it only makes sense to walk between parks if you are going to turn around and go back to your car at the other park later. You can obviously monorail between EC and MK, but you might want your car to get to AK and HS faster. Also, later in the day as you continue to hop, parking gets much easier and you will find close-in parking at all the lots.
How about traffic though? And does the parking fee cover all the parks ~ like if you park in one park's lot, do you just receive a pass that is good for the rest of the parks for the day?
Yes Amy you only pay at the first park you visit, the pass is dated and valid for the entire dated day. You would have to purchase a park hopper ticket for the day to visit more than one park though.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:If I recall, someone brought that up once, the parking pass you get at one gate will work in all lots all day.
horizons1 wrote:Exactly. Pay once, in-and-out privileges at all the parks.
And traffic shouldn't be a factor.
Sleepy90 wrote:
Amy wrote:
horizons1 wrote:Although less magical, might I suggest driving between parks? Since time is of the essence, it only makes sense to walk between parks if you are going to turn around and go back to your car at the other park later. You can obviously monorail between EC and MK, but you might want your car to get to AK and HS faster. Also, later in the day as you continue to hop, parking gets much easier and you will find close-in parking at all the lots.
How about traffic though? And does the parking fee cover all the parks ~ like if you park in one park's lot, do you just receive a pass that is good for the rest of the parks for the day?
Yes Amy you only pay at the first park you visit, the pass is dated and valid for the entire dated day. You would have to purchase a park hopper ticket for the day to visit more than one park though.
Ah yes, I figured the parking pass was good at all the lots, but I wasn't certain. That is a good point on the ticket ~ I'm guessing joeybTNU had already thought of that though. I hope he pops back on and lets us know what he ended up doing!

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Brian845 » Jul Fri 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I would say start at AK, then take the bus to DHS, then take the ferry to Epcot, then take the monorails to MK. That way is more streamlined.

You could also reverse the order of MK, Epcot, DHS.
Man, I have to say I'm intrigued by this plan...I'll have to try it on our next trip!

:ccat:

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by aboden » Jul Tue 22, 2014 12:01 am

I've done it before too, even though I had a pass just to get a taste for each park, but usually only could hit 3. Epcot usually being my stopping point because I just love the area. But ya expect to do one or maybe two rides each park. Travel time is going to eat up a lot of it. But I'm in no way saying don't :-) just expect travel to be a hug part of it.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Jul Tue 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Ha! Great suggestion horizons. Never ever occurred to me! I bet you have to pay at each park, but if you are gonna do it up, that seems like the best way

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Tue 22, 2014 1:50 pm

kelpseaweedkelp wrote:
Ha! Great suggestion horizons. Never ever occurred to me! I bet you have to pay at each park, but if you are gonna do it up, that seems like the best way
you only have to pay for parking the first time...after that you can park at any of the park lots at no extra cost

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)