Favorite people watching location

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Westclock
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Favorite people watching location

Post by Westclock » Apr Mon 21, 2014 9:57 am

Curious if others do this. I have spent a lot of time sitting in random locations and just people watching. One of my favorites is the benches by the Wishing well just east of Cinderella Castle.

I'd have to add just about any place in World Showcase once its late enough for the alcohol to kick in. :p

Where is your "I wanna sit and do nothing for a moment go to spot?

duggett
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Favorite people watching location

Post by duggett » Apr Mon 21, 2014 12:32 pm

How about the "magic surprise squirting fountains" in front of the Imagination pavilion at Epcot. Kids are just tickled by the surprise bursts of water from one red & blue circle to the next. And running under them and getting sprayed. I could watch those smiles and giggles for hours.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Mon 21, 2014 2:48 pm

For MK, I like sitting on a bench in the old Swan Boat Dock in the Plaza rose garden.
For EC I used to like sitting in the Fountain View Ice Cream shop which is now a Starbucks, and I don't drink coffee! :(
For HS, I like sitting in the Farmer's Market at a table along Sunset Blvd.
For AK, I don't like sitting there any longer than I have to.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 21, 2014 8:43 pm

horizons1 wrote:For MK, I like sitting on a bench in the old Swan Boat Dock in the Plaza rose garden.....
Um, I hate to break it to you but...
(you know it is gone now right??)

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Apr Tue 22, 2014 7:52 am

My favorite "people watching" spot is sitting in Frontierland across from the turkey leg vendor. Lots of traffic moves through that small space.
My favorite "do nothing for a while" spot is in a rocking chair on the porch of the Trails End restaurant at Fort Wilderness.

Westclock

Post by Westclock » Apr Tue 22, 2014 8:07 am

I started my cast member career at that turkey cart. And i gotta say... its a great spot to watch the masses! haha

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Tue 22, 2014 10:54 am

Amy wrote:
horizons1 wrote:For MK, I like sitting on a bench in the old Swan Boat Dock in the Plaza rose garden.....
What's gone? The little patio/dock with the green roof? I didn't know that.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Apr Tue 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Def agree with outside of Imagination. I like outside the exits of ToT and Space Mountain too (or any of the thrill rides) to see ppl all thrilled
AK - any little bench under a tree - I like the area by the Dinosaur ride with all the ancient plants - it is quiet and ppl stroll by being quiet and a little spooked out by the dino sounds

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 22, 2014 6:18 pm

horizons1 wrote:
Amy wrote:
What's gone? The little patio/dock with the green roof? I didn't know that.
Yeah, the swan boat dock came down as part of the latest refurb around the hub. They are supposedly making more walking space around the hub to avoid so much congestion at parade and fireworks times. Many people have fond memories of that location and were quite disappointed it went away :(

I can't say I people watch too much ~ I'm too busy doing and seeing myself. I do hope that once I live closer I will be more inclined to stop and relax and people watch. It really can be a fun activity and I'm guessing you really see a lot of variety of people at WDW!

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Apr Tue 22, 2014 7:58 pm

Trails End porch in Ft. Wilderness. I actually think that's the only place that I have sat long enough to people watch. I love the tranquil atmosphere. Sitting in a rocking chair while looking across the walkway at the trees filled with Spanish moss, (I'm from New England so this stuff is really cool to me).

JonathanCC

Post by JonathanCC » Apr Wed 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Either on a beach chair at Poly overlooking the lagoon or one of the benches in Epcot in the World Showcase.

Westclock

Post by Westclock » Apr Fri 25, 2014 12:08 pm

I do like the hammocks on the beach at the poly. But usually a little tough to get one. :/

Bunni
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by Bunni » Apr Sat 26, 2014 4:04 am

Just outside cosmic rays during a rain storm Milkshake in hand. I remember 1 holiday we got stuck undercover there for 2 hours as it was torrential rain and a very impressive thunderstorm that actually grounded pretty near by freaking us all out. It was quite a nice experience in some ways as all the families gathered under for shelter where all laughing and joking together. Just outside the exit of ToT is another of my favourites, I love seeing people all excitedly chatting about their experience and light up with such joy!

bcgm3
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by bcgm3 » May Sun 04, 2014 7:36 pm

At Magic Kingdom, there's a few. One is in Adventureland, somewhere near the shops by the Magic Carpets -- I love watching people get squirted by the golden camel, looking around like, "who did that?" There's a little dock with rocking chairs near the fort on Tom Sawyer Island, too, that affords a great view of Thunder Mountain. At EPCOT, I like to sit near the trees right in between Innoventions East and the Land -- You can hear the music there really well and there's plenty of shade. Animal Kingdom has a nice spot on the far side of the bridge to Asia, where there's a phone-booth sized structure with some bartops and usually a barstool or two. You get a nice view of the water and it's a great little spot to huddle and saty out of the rain for a minute.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » May Tue 06, 2014 6:32 pm

I love sitting on top of Main St Train Station & people watch people enter & leave the park!
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.