Favorite people watching location

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: Favorite people watching location

Post by Chuckus95 » May Thu 08, 2014 6:39 am

packwingfn wrote:I love sitting on top of Main St Train Station & people watch people enter & leave the park!
+1 for on top of Main St. Station. My favorite at WDW is sitting by the fountains in France with my wife and some cheese, bread, and wine.

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » May Tue 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Chuckus95 wrote:
packwingfn wrote:I love sitting on top of Main St Train Station & people watch people enter & leave the park!
+1 for on top of Main St. Station. My favorite at WDW is sitting by the fountains in France with my wife and some cheese, bread, and wine.

Hence the Wine&Dine Half Marathon :)
I haven't heard of that - do you make wining and dining stops along the way or just at the end? Either way, amazing.

Chuckus95

Post by Chuckus95 » May Tue 20, 2014 8:49 am

kelpseaweedkelp wrote:
Chuckus95 wrote:

Hence the Wine&Dine Half Marathon :)
I haven't heard of that - do you make wining and dining stops along the way or just at the end? Either way, amazing.
Just at the end. It starts at 10:00 pm at WWoS, goes down through AK, then comes back through HS, and ends at Epcot. Epcot has a special ticket event after party from 10:00 pm until 4:00 am for participants and their families/friends. All the FWF booths are open as are some attractions. The after party is a blast.

MrPhil
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by MrPhil » May Wed 21, 2014 5:46 am

This may sound crazy but I truly enjoyed the Rapunzel restroom area in the Magic Kingdom. Especially in the evening when the crowds get less hectic and take time to explore the surroundings and even dance to the music.

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » May Wed 21, 2014 11:47 am

MrPhil wrote:This may sound crazy but I truly enjoyed the Rapunzel restroom area in the Magic Kingdom. Especially in the evening when the crowds get less hectic and take time to explore the surroundings and even dance to the music.
All the restrooms seem to have some sort of nice sitting and watching area by them - definitely doesn't sound crazy! There was some forum posts I saw where people were talking about getting more music from bathrooms all over, but nobody knew how to acquire it. I would listen to that channel all day. Bathroom music, yes please!

RobinSandusky

Post by RobinSandusky » Jun Fri 06, 2014 4:07 pm

Westclock wrote:Curious if others do this. I have spent a lot of time sitting in random locations and just people watching. One of my favorites is the benches by the Wishing well just east of Cinderella Castle.

I'd have to add just about any place in World Showcase once its late enough for the alcohol to kick in. :p

Where is your "I wanna sit and do nothing for a moment go to spot?
Last time we visited, nearly every time we walked over the bridge from Main Street into Adventureland, we saw people sitting on the bench talking to each other, and crying. It must have been three separate occasions.

When we go back, I want to see if that spot continues to be the odd little bad-luck spot in the park.

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jun Thu 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Amy wrote:
horizons1 wrote:For MK, I like sitting on a bench in the old Swan Boat Dock in the Plaza rose garden.....
Um, I hate to break it to you but...
(you know it is gone now right??)

A number of years back they had drained some of the moat (maybe when the castle was a pink cake? My years get mixed up) and you could see the tracks for the swan boats, so I kept asking when they would refurbish the boats and bring them back...well, no such luck. But I do, sort of, remember riding them when I was younger.
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 19, 2014 7:37 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:A number of years back they had drained some of the moat (maybe when the castle was a pink cake? My years get mixed up) and you could see the tracks for the swan boats, so I kept asking when they would refurbish the boats and bring them back...well, no such luck. But I do, sort of, remember riding them when I was younger.
I wonder if we could locate a photo of that drained moat with the visible tracks? Looks like the boats were still in operation for my first trip, but closed by the time I returned. I don't think we ever went on them :(
Located this very interesting, and really in depth article about the attraction. There is a picture at the very end that shows a bit of the ride mechanism and the moat. Interesting to read...
http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/201 ... uffle.html

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jun Sun 22, 2014 8:19 pm

Amy wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:A number of years back they had drained some of the moat (maybe when the castle was a pink cake? My years get mixed up) and you could see the tracks for the swan boats, so I kept asking when they would refurbish the boats and bring them back...well, no such luck. But I do, sort of, remember riding them when I was younger.
I wonder if we could locate a photo of that drained moat with the visible tracks? Looks like the boats were still in operation for my first trip, but closed by the time I returned. I don't think we ever went on them :(
Located this very interesting, and really in depth article about the attraction. There is a picture at the very end that shows a bit of the ride mechanism and the moat. Interesting to read...
http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/201 ... uffle.html
Thanks Amy - looks like a good read for the office tomorrow!
UncleScrooge477