Unique First Trip Opportunity

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Post by aboden » Dec Mon 19, 2016 5:12 am

Amy wrote: fingers crossed for you this time around!
Unfortunately it was a no go. Canned response is she doesn't show a reason why she would return to her country after visiting. As if my passport showing that in the past 6 years I've been stateside for only 110 days. Or my many year visa's for countries and that fact I've nearly filled 69 visa pages, only about 5 left. Or my US Navy NACM card for a middle east base where I do contract work. Including the fact she has several pieces of property, a house and a car with 2 kids that are staying here. Ya I'm ranting lol.

The last route I can take is an actual immigration visa. Since we've been married under 2 years she can only get a conditional green card which means leaving the US more than 6 months should have a reentry permit from DHS. After 2 years she can get a permanent green card without travel restrictions, this is due to fraud marriages which I agree with but still lol.

Oh well WDW will have to wait. My weekday pass has just expired. I was hoping to get her there before it ran out so all I had to do was get her a 10 day pass or something like that.

Actually the weekday pass isn't a bad price and I didn't mind buying it. It has some big blackout dates but none when I was planning on coming back. Also weekday seems to be better with crowds usually so. Plus for the one month I was there last year I got my money out of it. Well maybe not but I enjoyed it still and didn't mind it.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 19, 2016 6:54 am

I am so sorry it didn't work out for y'all to come :( I never knew how restrictive it all was before! It certainly sounds like she has quite a few reasons why she would return to her home country after visiting ~ geez. Hopefully she can get her permanent green card after you have been married for 2 years. Then you can visit WDW whenever you would like!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Dec Tue 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Amy wrote:I am so sorry it didn't work out for y'all to come :( I never knew how restrictive it all was before! It certainly sounds like she has quite a few reasons why she would return to her home country after visiting ~ geez. Hopefully she can get her permanent green card after you have been married for 2 years. Then you can visit WDW whenever you would like!
American immigration laws are crazy for ex-pats who marry someone not a US citizen. My sister is engaged to a Canadian, and he works in the US but lives in Ontario. It's crazy the hoops, if/thens, and/buts they have to go through. For example, if they just up and got married, he couldn't work in the US for a year. Not an option. Also, he couldn't leave the country for 6 months, which is also not an option owing to his kids' mother and his parents still living in Canada. And on and on it goes... You'd think with people being married / together for years at a time the immigration process wouldn't be so complicated and crazy to navigate.

Sorry about the trip aboden. But being patient will pay off and you will get to bring her here. Eventually.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016