Just Priced Room, Tickets & Meal Plan and Almost Died

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Just Priced Room, Tickets & Meal Plan and Almost Died

Post by Amy » May Sun 25, 2014 8:25 am

Goofyfan wrote:We tried to adjust my vacation time. Nothing could be done for the begining of my vacation, did have few days to play with near the end of my vacation but the Disney agent stated to us that your first day has to be in the free dining promotion time. If our last days fall into the dining promotion, then it does not count. Was a little confused on that one. :? :goofy:
Hmmm, bummer :( Too bad your work schedule isn't a bit more flexible. It would make a world of difference on the price as you stated!

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » May Tue 27, 2014 5:38 pm

We are hoping that they may come up with some sort of discount by then. Can only hope. :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Goofyfan wrote:We are hoping that they may come up with some sort of discount by then. Can only hope. :goofy:
They might put out a room discount which from the looks of things is often a better deal than the free meal plan

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » May Wed 28, 2014 9:48 am

I always drop the meal plan and take the room discount. I have yet to use the meal plan and be able to use all our credits. I am just not convinced it is worth it. Way too much food!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » May Wed 28, 2014 11:39 am

jderoche5 wrote:I always drop the meal plan and take the room discount. I have yet to use the meal plan and be able to use all our credits. I am just not convinced it is worth it. Way too much food!
yeah...the free meal plan is only really worth it when you have 4 people staying in the same room (2 adults and 2 children)...because you get more "free" while not changing the discount on the room

If you only have 2 adults...or even maybe 3 people in the same room...the room discount is generally more savings...especially if you are staying in a Deluxe Resort with 30% savings

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » May Wed 28, 2014 5:16 pm

I do hope the offer something........Everything goes up except the paycheck!!!! :evil: :roll: :goofy:

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by aboden » Jul Sun 27, 2014 9:07 pm

I know this is old but wanted to say, it really costs to get the magic now. I don't know in relation how much the price has gone up versus the buying power of the past 40 years. But it seems to have gotten ahead of the curve. Of course it's not like the old day of ticket books. The Florida Resident Seasonal Pass seems to have gone up almost $100 in the past 6 years. That's about a 50% increase in a short amount of time. Maybe I'm wrong that I'm thinking it was much lower but I seem to remember it being around $230.

There's ways to save money but if I wasn't going there a lot I would love to go for the complete package.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Mon 28, 2014 1:05 pm

Yeah...DW and I want to take DS for the first time in December of 2015...but with the cost being as high as it is now plus knowing it will cost more next year...we have no clue when we will be able to go back.

Sure, I could find a job that paid out the wazoo, but it would probably require me to never see my family and work all of the time. Personally...I'd rather spend time with my family at home every day than for just a week at WDW.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Mon 28, 2014 5:18 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Yeah...DW and I want to take DS for the first time in December of 2015...but with the cost being as high as it is now plus knowing it will cost more next year...we have no clue when we will be able to go back.

Sure, I could find a job that paid out the wazoo, but it would probably require me to never see my family and work all of the time. Personally...I'd rather spend time with my family at home every day than for just a week at WDW.
You are so dead on.

...now let's see if you still feel that way when your kids are teenagers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jul Mon 28, 2014 6:13 pm

foldmama wrote:I just priced 7 night in a preferred room at Riverside for early October. Just the room was close to $2,400.00 Added tickets close to $500.00. Meal Plan, 1 table, 1 service and 1 snack over $2,000.00 for two adults!

Total vacation without airfare and spending money almost $5,000.00!!!!

Last time I visited about 2.5 years ago (longest ever) I was about $3k for the same.

I'm don't think I can go at these prices. I'm so upset right now!!

Eileen (Foldmama)
Check out the DVC rental companies...particularly David's DVC rentals. For 7 nights you could get a deluxe resort studio villa for less! I'm gonna go check it out to see just how much your room would be :)

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jul Mon 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:
foldmama wrote:I just priced 7 night in a preferred room at Riverside for early October. Just the room was close to $2,400.00 Added tickets close to $500.00. Meal Plan, 1 table, 1 service and 1 snack over $2,000.00 for two adults!

Total vacation without airfare and spending money almost $5,000.00!!!!

Last time I visited about 2.5 years ago (longest ever) I was about $3k for the same.

I'm don't think I can go at these prices. I'm so upset right now!!

Eileen (Foldmama)
Check out the DVC rental companies...particularly David's DVC rentals. For 7 nights you could get a deluxe resort studio villa for less! I'm gonna go check it out to see just how much your room would be :)
Jumped right in thinking this was a new thread...guess I already mentioned this :/

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jul Tue 29, 2014 10:28 am

Sharonofwindham wrote: Jumped right in thinking this was a new thread...guess I already mentioned this :/
:lol: No worries. We all do it.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Jul Tue 29, 2014 10:40 am

If you are comfortable/Trusting of dealing with DVC members directly there are boards where folks post that they have available points. Sometimes the member has a trip booked or they will work with you to book your dates. That can be even less expensive and the member is usually happy to do it since the points at this point are use 'em or lose 'em. I did this a time or two before becoming a DVC Member myself.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Tue 29, 2014 11:25 am

Alacrity wrote:If you are comfortable/Trusting of dealing with DVC members directly there are boards where folks post that they have available points. Sometimes the member has a trip booked or they will work with you to book your dates. That can be even less expensive and the member is usually happy to do it since the points at this point are use 'em or lose 'em. I did this a time or two before becoming a DVC Member myself.
that's what we always do

the biggest expense for us is always park tickets

on our last trip we paid $500 for 3 nights in a Savanna Studio at Kindani Village...and $700+ for our park tickets

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Aug Sun 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Alacrity wrote:If you are comfortable/Trusting of dealing with DVC members directly there are boards where folks post that they have available points. Sometimes the member has a trip booked or they will work with you to book your dates. That can be even less expensive and the member is usually happy to do it since the points at this point are use 'em or lose 'em. I did this a time or two before becoming a DVC Member myself.
Really wish I had known about this before I sold my membership. Even selling some points when I didn't have a trip planned would have paid my dues :( Still painful to talk about and I sold in 2010, the year I paid off the loan!!