Just Priced Room, Tickets & Meal Plan and Almost Died

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Just Priced Room, Tickets & Meal Plan and Almost Died

Post by Amy » May Sat 03, 2014 4:56 pm

rphillips14 wrote:Just booked our trip for October (Oct 3 thru Oct 10) Free Dining saved us about $1,500 which will allow us to fly down. Awesome!! But Port Orleans is not on the Free Dining plan :( However, heard good things about POP and will have 2 rooms for the first time!!

Fall 2009: Port Orleans (My first trio since high school-told my wife I'd hate it-I WAS WRONG!!)
Spring 2010: Port Orleans (Just found out I had Melanoma. A great trip of reflection)
Fall 2011: Port Orleans (Celebration of cancer free)
Fall 2012: Port Orleans (Didn't know it but I had Lymphoma and would find out in January)
Fall 2013: Caribbean Beach (Our cancer free celebration-Part 2 Thank God!! But 1 daughter had to stay home for band :( )
Fall 2014: Pop Century (Whole family together again and cancer free to the best of my knowledge-very excited!!!)
That is great news! Hope it can just be a great family vacation for y'all. I am really wanting to schedule a trip during this free dining promotion but I don't know if I should or not. Just discovered a broken picture window on the side of the house so I know that isn't going to be cheap to fix, and we have so much to do if we are truly going to follow through with fixing up the house to get ready to sell and move to Florida (fingers crossed) Guess I have a few more days to ponder before the offer is released to the general public though...

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » May Sat 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Do it Amy. You are very overdue for a trip to WDW!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 03, 2014 9:06 pm

NaCler wrote:Do it Amy. You are very overdue for a trip to WDW!
I know! I ran the idea past Figment tonight just to see what her reaction was. I told her we could invite my oldest brother (who took us to Cali in December and couldn't believe we wanted to spend 3 whole days at DL/DCA) and his daughter to come with us for a few days, or more if they wanted. My niece goes to WDW almost every year with her Mom and has for several years now so I don't know if she would be all that interested, but she might think it was fun to be able to go with different people. And we would give her a completely different touring experience than her Mom who can be a bit of a...challenge.
I might have to crunch some numbers tomorrow and see what everything would come to. It is sooooo tempting!!! If a trip happens, you will be one of the first to know because hopefully we can meet-up and cause a little fresh mayhem :twisted:
Anyone know if the Osborne lights are supposed to be back this year? I know I heard rumblings that last year was their last, but I haven't seen anything more official...if they will be there, that is a HUGE influence on my travel plans! :D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » May Sat 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Amy, the way you describe the circumstances, planning a trip for you, your mom, your brother, and your niece sounds mandatory. Compare the cost of driving (you and brother can split time) vs. flying for the four of you, too. It might turn out to be worth the extra time.

Rphillips14 it sounds to me like you need an ordinary, not marking anything, just because we can, kind of trip! Have a great time!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » May Sun 04, 2014 7:45 am

Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:Do it Amy. You are very overdue for a trip to WDW!
I know! I ran the idea past Figment tonight just to see what her reaction was. I told her we could invite my oldest brother (who took us to Cali in December and couldn't believe we wanted to spend 3 whole days at DL/DCA) and his daughter to come with us for a few days, or more if they wanted. My niece goes to WDW almost every year with her Mom and has for several years now so I don't know if she would be all that interested, but she might think it was fun to be able to go with different people. And we would give her a completely different touring experience than her Mom who can be a bit of a...challenge.
I might have to crunch some numbers tomorrow and see what everything would come to. It is sooooo tempting!!! If a trip happens, you will be one of the first to know because hopefully we can meet-up and cause a little fresh mayhem :twisted:
Anyone know if the Osborne lights are supposed to be back this year? I know I heard rumblings that last year was their last, but I haven't seen anything more official...if they will be there, that is a HUGE influence on my travel plans! :D
Amy, if anyone deserves to go to DW it's you and Figment. I pray it works out for both of you.
cy1229 wrote:Rphillips14 it sounds to me like you need an ordinary, not marking anything, just because we can, kind of trip! Have a great time!
I agree Cy-Thank you-Really, really, really looking forward to it!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 04, 2014 8:25 am

cy1229 wrote:Amy, the way you describe the circumstances, planning a trip for you, your mom, your brother, and your niece sounds mandatory. Compare the cost of driving (you and brother can split time) vs. flying for the four of you, too. It might turn out to be worth the extra time.

Rphillips14 it sounds to me like you need an ordinary, not marking anything, just because we can, kind of trip! Have a great time!
Um, yeah, driving would never work. I know flying eats up a good majority of a day, but I can't even imagine driving that far ~ ugh! I think we drove to visit my grandparents twice when I was growing up, that was enough travel time between Michigan and Florida for me! :lol:
I also forgot about the fact that my Cali sister-in-law has a conference in Vegas in January, or somewhere around that time, that they want us to come out and see them there. Not sure I can swing two vacations that close together, on top of the vacation last year. Will be thinking on it today and trying to figure out what is feasible.
cy1229 wrote:...Rphillips14 it sounds to me like you need an ordinary, not marking anything, just because we can, kind of trip! Have a great time!
I actually thought the same thing ~ you just need a nice, regular, magical trip to WDW :mickey:
Thanks for the well wishes rphillips14, comin' right back at ya! :D

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » May Sun 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Spend a responsible amount of money, but spend it and don't look back. The memories will remain long after the hit to your wallet. Trust me.

RobinSandusky
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by RobinSandusky » May Tue 20, 2014 1:54 pm

So, YOU'RE one of those people that started calling in May, and plugged up the phone lines?! 8-)

I had a similar experience booking our reservations for French Quarter. There was a little bit of back and forth, as some of the details listed on the website were not ultimately accurate as to what was officially being offered... that said, Colter at WDTC reeeeeeeaaally came through for me when it came to deals.

Did not get the dining plan, because we're just opting out this year, but got park tickets, hopper, five days, Riverview room, all for just slightly over $1500. Not bad!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 20, 2014 7:12 pm

RobinSandusky wrote:So, YOU'RE one of those people that started calling in May, and plugged up the phone lines?! 8-)

I had a similar experience booking our reservations for French Quarter. There was a little bit of back and forth, as some of the details listed on the website were not ultimately accurate as to what was officially being offered... that said, Colter at WDTC reeeeeeeaaally came through for me when it came to deals.

Did not get the dining plan, because we're just opting out this year, but got park tickets, hopper, five days, Riverview room, all for just slightly over $1500. Not bad!
That sounds like a really good deal :D When are you planning on going?

RobinSandusky

Post by RobinSandusky » May Thu 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Amy wrote:
RobinSandusky wrote:So, YOU'RE one of those people that started calling in May, and plugged up the phone lines?! 8-)

Hi, Amy!

We're going in late August, early September. There's a deal for Late Summer / Early Fall vacations. :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 22, 2014 1:41 pm

RobinSandusky wrote:
Amy wrote:

Hi, Amy!

We're going in late August, early September. There's a deal for Late Summer / Early Fall vacations. :)
Oh my, not sure I could handle the August/Sept. weather :shock:

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » May Sat 24, 2014 8:05 am

Just wanted to drop this article in about overcrowding and price increasing from the los Angeles Times. You can pretty guess what Disney would rather choose in this case.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-d ... story.html
Last edited by Cardinals314 on May Sat 24, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » May Sat 24, 2014 9:21 am

foldmama wrote:I just priced 7 night in a preferred room at Riverside for early October. Just the room was close to $2,400.00 Added tickets close to $500.00. Meal Plan, 1 table, 1 service and 1 snack over $2,000.00 for two adults!

Total vacation without airfare and spending money almost $5,000.00!!!!

Last time I visited about 2.5 years ago (longest ever) I was about $3k for the same.

I'm don't think I can go at these prices. I'm so upset right now!!

Eileen (Foldmama)

We are in the same boat! Priced our vacation for 2 for the first week in December because reading many reviews shows that it is one of the slower times at WDW. Almost had to by new underwear :shock: :shock: :shock: . My vacation time has a limited window and the only time that I have available is first full week and partial 2nd week in December. Got on line to book our trip and learned that Room discounts or Free Disney Dining takes place in November and up to December 23rd. (Except for the week that we want to go.) We have always dreamed of seeing Disney at Christmas. Called and spoke with the booking agent and could not get any answers on why the first week in Decmember was omitted. The agent did not know the answer to any of my questions. I know that they just work as an employee and not blaming them. So for us to book the vacation at that time, It is going to cost us an extra $1,000.00. :evil: :evil: :evil: So we may just stay home and save our money for a summer vacation in Maine. So much for the working man :cry: :cry: :cry:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 24, 2014 11:37 am

Goofyfan wrote:We are in the same boat! Priced our vacation for 2 for the first week in December because reading many reviews shows that it is one of the slower times at WDW. Almost had to by new underwear :shock: :shock: :shock: . My vacation time has a limited window and the only time that I have available is first full week and partial 2nd week in December. Got on line to book our trip and learned that Room discounts or Free Disney Dining takes place in November and up to December 23rd. (Except for the week that we want to go.) We have always dreamed of seeing Disney at Christmas. Called and spoke with the booking agent and could not get any answers on why the first week in Decmember was omitted. The agent did not know the answer to any of my questions. I know that they just work as an employee and not blaming them. So for us to book the vacation at that time, It is going to cost us an extra $1,000.00. :evil: :evil: :evil: So we may just stay home and save our money for a summer vacation in Maine. So much for the working man :cry: :cry: :cry:
If you can manage to get there in time for the last day of the free dining in November, the free dining would continue into that first week of December because you had begun your vacation during the dining period. Figment and I either extended, or went a day early, I can't remember, anyhow, that is how we got free dining for a full two weeks :D Worth checking on if you have even just a little wiggle room on your dates.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » May Sun 25, 2014 7:13 am

We tried to adjust my vacation time. Nothing could be done for the begining of my vacation, did have few days to play with near the end of my vacation but the Disney agent stated to us that your first day has to be in the free dining promotion time. If our last days fall into the dining promotion, then it does not count. Was a little confused on that one. :? :goofy: