Spaceship Earth video

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Spaceship Earth video

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Westclock wrote:Horizons was always my favorite. :/ There was a site dedicated to the futile attempt to bring it back. It appears to be gone now. I still can't smell oranges without thinking of that attraction.
That's a great one for the Disney Smells thread ~ and a chance for another point toward a song ;)

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Jun Sun 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks for the link! I keep forgetting about Martin's videos which are the best ride videos. He has a great Wonder's of Life video, which is my favorite.
Image Image

bcgm3
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by bcgm3 » Jun Tue 10, 2014 10:21 am

Westclock wrote:Horizons was always my favorite. :/ There was a site dedicated to the futile attempt to bring it back. It appears to be gone now. I still can't smell oranges without thinking of that attraction.
It may not be coming back to EPCOT, but you can relive the experience here: http://horizonsresurrected.com/ Look for the link that says "Latest Simulation." There's an in-browser version, too, you just need a plug-in to view it. This plus the Oculus Rift plus an orange would be pretty darn close...

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jun Tue 10, 2014 2:36 pm

bcgm3 wrote:
It may not be coming back to EPCOT, but you can relive the experience here: http://horizonsresurrected.com/ Look for the link that says "Latest Simulation." There's an in-browser version, too, you just need a plug-in to view it. This plus the Oculus Rift plus an orange would be pretty darn close...
I'm glad he finally made some updates to his site. I hope he can give us a new simulation sometime soon!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Wed 11, 2014 9:46 am

You may be thinking of loranges.com? That is what the futuristic organges were called: l'oranges.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by aboden » Jul Wed 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Last time I was at MK I got their orange/vanilla ice cream thing and seem to remember before in the way past it tasted more like the smell in Horizons. But maybe I'm just dreaming. But Martins Tributes are awesome, if not the best I've had the pleasure to watch and keep in my collection.

Oh behind MK on the way throw the the employee parking lot, to skip paying for parking lol, there's lots of orange groves and I love driving through there during blossom season. It's hugely aromatic in that area.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 23, 2014 9:00 pm

aboden wrote:Last time I was at MK I got their orange/vanilla ice cream thing and seem to remember before in the way past it tasted more like the smell in Horizons. But maybe I'm just dreaming. But Martins Tributes are awesome, if not the best I've had the pleasure to watch and keep in my collection.

Oh behind MK on the way throw the the employee parking lot, to skip paying for parking lol, there's lots of orange groves and I love driving through there during blossom season. It's hugely aromatic in that area.
Were you parking back there when you were a CM? Sounds like it would smell really lovely :D

aboden

Post by aboden » Jul Thu 24, 2014 4:33 am

Amy wrote:Were you parking back there when you were a CM? Sounds like it would smell really lovely :D
No lol, just had a season pass which doesn't include parking. So to bypass paying for parking at TTC I come in the back way and while driving you're leaving the poarking but there's a turn around just before the ticket booth. I've heard they were going to gate that entrance or something but never had up to my last visit in November '13.

Here's a map lol, it tries to say you can't go along the Seven Sea Drive but you can. Makes you take Floridian Way. Just turn left instead of right behind Space Mountain lol. The turn around is where the stop point is.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/28.5167 ... f3!1m0!3e0

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 24, 2014 7:33 am

aboden wrote:
Amy wrote:Were you parking back there when you were a CM? Sounds like it would smell really lovely :D
No lol, just had a season pass which doesn't include parking. So to bypass paying for parking at TTC I come in the back way and while driving you're leaving the poarking but there's a turn around just before the ticket booth. I've heard they were going to gate that entrance or something but never had up to my last visit in November '13.

Here's a map lol, it tries to say you can't go along the Seven Sea Drive but you can. Makes you take Floridian Way. Just turn left instead of right behind Space Mountain lol. The turn around is where the stop point is.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/28.5167 ... f3!1m0!3e0
So you really would have to know your way around anyhow. Don't CMs have some sort of parking hang tag?

aboden

Post by aboden » Jul Thu 24, 2014 7:42 am

Amy wrote:So you really would have to know your way around anyhow. Don't CMs have some sort of parking hang tag?
The parking is on each side of Center Drive at Reams Road. You need a pass to enter their parking but Center Drive is not gated or anything, just drive in. Really once you do it once you don't forget. I had been gone 3 years and did the same route, only screwing up where to turn onto Reams road and did it further down the road.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jul Sat 26, 2014 8:08 pm

So thankful this ride still exists. If it wasn't in the EPCOT icon I wonder if it would have gone the way of World of Motion & Horizons. I just couldn't handle it! Can't wait to watch this...thanks for sharing.

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jul Sat 26, 2014 9:22 pm

cy1229 wrote:I'm sure there's a thread devoted to Spaceship Earth already,but when a search turned up an error, I got lazy and started a new one. :D

I don't know who posted this on Facebook yesterday, whether it was one of my Subsonic friends or one of my "normal" friends. Anyhoo I enjoyed this. It's very long, so you'll want to get some popcorn and nestle down in your favorite chair before you start to watch it. It's a revisit of the entire development and evolution of Spaceship Earth, done in 2008 by a guy named Martin Smith.

http://vimeo.com/5830513#at=0

I thought it was interesting, and seeing some of the images of what was there in 2001 when we took the girls for the first time reminded me of it. Kind of sparked my memory. At any rate, enjoy!
I am so impressed with the changes in the movement of the animatronic characters. I thought they were amazing to begin with, but WOW!