Raised ticket prices again?!?!?!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

lonepalm
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Raised ticket prices again?!?!?!

Post by lonepalm » Feb Sun 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Well, they did it again...they raised the ticket prices again. I guess they need to find the money for the Next Gen and New Fantasyland from somewhere right? It's now $99 for a single day Magic Kingdom ticket, which more than likely means that come summer time, which is when they typically announce ticket price increases, it will break the one hundred dollar mark for the first time. Magic isn't as cheap as it used to be!

You can view a story about it here:

http://wdwthemeparks.com/news/2014/02/2 ... ice-update

Truth be told, I am part of the administration group for the site above.

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Raised ticket prices again?!?!?!

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sun 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Why does the page say 2013 and have links (on the page itself) to broken pages?

I can't imagine they would do a double jump in a single year, annual boosts are normal, but they always will shift it forward if a major attraction is about to open up so that they can catch more people with the new prices.

Just for reference, the difference between a single day ticket at USO and MK is only $7, so they are trending along.

lonepalm

Post by lonepalm » Feb Sun 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Why does the page say 2013 and have links (on the page itself) to broken pages?

I can't imagine they would do a double jump in a single year, annual boosts are normal, but they always will shift it forward if a major attraction is about to open up so that they can catch more people with the new prices.

Just for reference, the difference between a single day ticket at USO and MK is only $7, so they are trending along.
The 2013 and the broken links are an oversight from the author of the post. I will correct them now. Thanks! And the purpose of my post here wasn't to infer that they are getting carried away with the pricing compared to the other theme parks in the area, just more of a "i can't believe how expensive it is getting" type of opinionated post!!

Just as a note, the site in the link I previously posted is still a work in progress and by no means a finished product. With that being said, there will be some bugs along the way, but we are working to smooth them out and enhance the experience! Thanks for reporting them for that post!

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Tue 25, 2014 9:50 pm

Hubby and I loooove Disney, but we have been lamenting that costs are beginning to be too high for us to justify the expense of going. A long weekend for just one person can be well over $1,000 and that will rent us an entire vacation cottage for a week in the summer, where all of us can be. We feel so torn between our love for WDW and the expense, especially given that in 4 years we'll conceivably have four kids in some stage of college, be it undergrad or graduate school.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

rautio6
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by rautio6 » Feb Tue 25, 2014 10:14 pm

It is very expensive to visit WDW. We have a family of six - 2 adults and 4 kids. What we spend for a week staying at a Disney resort (in a villa) and passes, we traveled to HI and stayed for 10 days. Granted, comparing the two vacations is apples to oranges because the experiences are so different. My point is WDW is pretty much a luxury family vacation. It isn't a last minute family vacation for most anymore, which is a bit sad. That being said, there isn't any place I have visited that can match WDW. My teenage kids still love it! It truly is a magical place. And because of that, Disney will and can charge a premium. They know we all will pay it.
Happily visiting WDW in 34 days!!

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Feb Wed 26, 2014 11:30 am

While I don't like the price changes, you really do pay for what you get. Disney Parks cannot compare to any other parks. The cleanliness alone can't be beat. Six Flags is a glorified carnival in comparison to Disney. Universal comes the closest but still falls way short in my opinion.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 26, 2014 1:42 pm

jderoche5 wrote:While I don't like the price changes, you really do pay for what you get. Disney Parks cannot compare to any other parks. The cleanliness alone can't be beat. Six Flags is a glorified carnival in comparison to Disney. Universal comes the closest but still falls way short in my opinion.
I completely agree. And I don't think the price of a Universal ticket is far off from WDW's ticket price either. A big thing for me between Disney and Universal is I am just not a fan of most Universal things ~ I don't care for the Simpsons, the Dr. Suess thing is ok, but definitely geared toward the little ones, etc...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Wed 26, 2014 4:21 pm

Still want to know why Sea World is at the same price at USO, they are on such a bad PR tailspin that their revenue has dropped dramatically.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Wed 26, 2014 9:36 pm

I think it's unfortunate that Disney keeps raising their ticket prices. Walt wanted it be a place where the average family could go and have fun together. It's getting to the point where the average family cannot afford to go. People keep going (us included), so I guess they will keep raising the prices? We have to budget/plan on how we are going to pay off our trip. I just wonder, when will it end? Or will it ever?! I hope it doesn't get to the point to where we won't be able to take our child someday.... :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 26, 2014 9:39 pm

boilerbabe wrote:I think it's unfortunate that Disney keeps raising their ticket prices. Walt wanted it be a place where the average family could go and have fun together. It's getting to the point where the average family cannot afford to go. People keep going (us included), so I guess they will keep raising the prices? We have to budget/plan on how we are going to pay off our trip. I just wonder, when will it end? Or will it ever?! I hope it doesn't get to the point to where we won't be able to take our child someday.... :roll:
Just a few days ago I was thinking I was just going to pick a date, get all the arrangements made, and surprise Figment....but I don't think I am going to be doing that now. I know the tickets didn't raise that much, but overall it really is very expensive :( And we really are looking toward moving there someday ~ hopefully sooner rather than later, so I hate to spend a ton of money on a vacation that we could use to buy Florida resident APs :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Wed 26, 2014 11:18 pm

The really odd part is, I don't think they have touched the DLR AP prices this year. They appear to be the same price as last year.

redstomr63
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by redstomr63 » Feb Thu 27, 2014 8:48 am

Amy wrote:
jderoche5 wrote:While I don't like the price changes, you really do pay for what you get. Disney Parks cannot compare to any other parks. The cleanliness alone can't be beat. Six Flags is a glorified carnival in comparison to Disney. Universal comes the closest but still falls way short in my opinion.
I completely agree. And I don't think the price of a Universal ticket is far off from WDW's ticket price either. A big thing for me between Disney and Universal is I am just not a fan of most Universal things ~ I don't care for the Simpsons, the Dr. Suess thing is ok, but definitely geared toward the little ones, etc...
Usually if Disney raises prices, Universal will follow soon behind and vice versa. I'm starting to think that Disney is trying to see where that tipping point is where people finally say that it's too expensive to go.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 27, 2014 8:55 am

redstomr63 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Usually if Disney raises prices, Universal will follow soon behind and vice versa. I'm starting to think that Disney is trying to see where that tipping point is where people finally say that it's too expensive to go.
I don't know that that point will ever be reached. There will always be people willing to pay just a little bit more.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Thu 27, 2014 12:57 pm

The price for a single day park ticket in 2004 was $52.

Ten years later, the price has increased almost 100% while everything else relative to that cost has certainly not done the same. Average household income hasn't gone up 100%...and neither has the cost of living. In fact...a lot of things have trended downward over the past 10 years...but somehow the cost of a Disney vacation has skyrocketed.

Like others...we'll still go while we can afford it (which is a stretch now). But there will clearly be a day when we cannot go to WDW because of the size of our family and the cost to get through the gates.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Thu 27, 2014 3:02 pm

I think they are also in a game of chicken with the other resorts, no one wants to be the first to go into triple digits for a single park admission because it will become a topic of discussion on the national/international news (for some reason). They all will go past it eventually though.