Raised ticket prices again?!?!?!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Raised ticket prices again?!?!?!

Post by cy1229 » Feb Thu 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I think they are also in a game of chicken with the other resorts, no one wants to be the first to go into triple digits for a single park admission because it will become a topic of discussion on the national/international news (for some reason). They all will go past it eventually though.
While certainly not a necessity, the cost of a day at a Disney parks is kind of like the cost of a gallon of gasoline. We all moan and groan about how much gasoline costs, but how many of us have significantly changed our driving habits or the fuel efficiency of the cars we choose to buy since the price went to over $3 a gallon on a steady basis?

I know gasoline and going to a Disney park aren't the same.

I know.

Stop butting me. :D :D :D

Wizz you make a good point. At some point, the cost is going to top $100 a ticket, and there will be a lot of :shock: :shock: :shock: and :cry: :cry: :cry: and certainly some :x :x :x . And then, the ones who really want to go will suck it up and go.

My earlier posts about the costs (I think it was in a different thread but along the same lines) pretty much only apply to the hubby and me. We love WDW, we want to go, not sure we're willing to pay that kind of money to go when those same dollars will get us more on a different vacation. Especially in light of the fact that it's now been 3 years since we were at Yellowstone and we're itching to get back there more than we're itching to get back to WDW.

I can't believe I said that.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Thu 27, 2014 4:16 pm

There is also the other element, the demand for the tickets is still high, parks still reach capacity, and so forth, so there is no dramatic impact from boosting prices.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Thu 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Amy wrote:
jderoche5 wrote:While I don't like the price changes, you really do pay for what you get. Disney Parks cannot compare to any other parks. The cleanliness alone can't be beat. Six Flags is a glorified carnival in comparison to Disney. Universal comes the closest but still falls way short in my opinion.
I completely agree. And I don't think the price of a Universal ticket is far off from WDW's ticket price either. A big thing for me between Disney and Universal is I am just not a fan of most Universal things ~ I don't care for the Simpsons, the Dr. Suess thing is ok, but definitely geared toward the little ones, etc...

And the skinny ones. Universal is all about the size and weight limits for most of their attractions. I will pay a little more for the Disney Experience. :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 27, 2014 10:03 pm

Goofyfan wrote:
Amy wrote:
jderoche5 wrote:While I don't like the price changes, you really do pay for what you get. Disney Parks cannot compare to any other parks. The cleanliness alone can't be beat. Six Flags is a glorified carnival in comparison to Disney. Universal comes the closest but still falls way short in my opinion.
I completely agree. And I don't think the price of a Universal ticket is far off from WDW's ticket price either. A big thing for me between Disney and Universal is I am just not a fan of most Universal things ~ I don't care for the Simpsons, the Dr. Suess thing is ok, but definitely geared toward the little ones, etc...

And the skinny ones. Universal is all about the size and weight limits for most of their attractions. I will pay a little more for the Disney Experience. :D :goofy:
Wasn't aware of that ~ other than I had seen the guy who dieted to be able to get on the Harry Potter ride a few years back.

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Feb Fri 28, 2014 9:36 am

Also keep in Mind, Disney's Fastpass is "free", so the prices reflects that as well. None of the other parks offer that as a "free" option and their prices are not too far off from Disney.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5