Moderator: Moderators

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: DisneyQuest Questions

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Wed 26, 2014 5:55 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:If you have an HD tv and don't mind the spend on a console (if you don't have one already) The Pinball arcade has tons of classic tables with regular content updates.
You could also buy it on Steam (for the PC) but unless you have a massive monitor it is less fun.
Thanks - I actually looked at a "pro" version of one of these but didn't really like it - same size as a regular machine, sort of, but the feel was wrong. Then again, it didn't weigh 300 lbs, and I wouldn't need a whole bunch of them. We're running out of space at home right now, though, so maybe I should look at this option, again! :oops:
One thing that makes them slightly better is that, aside from not having damaged controls/playfield, they also fix some defects that may have plagued the originals (such as the ball getting stuck on a ramp).
But that's part of the fun! You have to figure out just HOW much you can shake it, without the Tilt going off. Was the tilt set tight or loose (where is the plumb bob in the circle, for those of you who have been inside a machine). And how many warnings have been set! Hey, on a real machine, you can save a straight drain, and can employ numerous actions to move balls, save balls, deflect balls, and so forth! AND YOU CAN OPEN THEM UP AND PLAY WITH THEM - YIPPEEEEE.
UncleScrooge477

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Mar Sat 01, 2014 4:33 pm

I was at DisneyQuest this afternoon. There are ten pinball machines located on the fifth floor

I will upload pics when I am back in Germany.

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Mar Tue 04, 2014 8:50 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:I was at DisneyQuest this afternoon. There are ten pinball machines located on the fifth floor

Thank you! The official note I got back told me that they could not tell me if they even HAD any machines, much less which ones.
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 04, 2014 2:38 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:
Epcotmaniac wrote:I was at DisneyQuest this afternoon. There are ten pinball machines located on the fifth floor

Thank you! The official note I got back told me that they could not tell me if they even HAD any machines, much less which ones.
That is poor guest relations there. They should have been able to at least tell you they had some ~ and better they could have listed them for you. It wouldn't have taken them very long to call someone up over at DQ and asked them for that information!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Tue 04, 2014 3:06 pm

They probably have the bare minimum of staff considering the building isn't a money-maker and they are probably just waiting for someone to come along and replace it.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Mar Tue 04, 2014 4:50 pm

In all our trips to Disney, have never been to Disney Quest (AHAMED :oops:). I take it that it is huge inside? :goofy:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Tue 04, 2014 5:32 pm

I've never been thee either.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Tue 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Imagine being transported back to 1995 and every surface is sticky.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Tue 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Imagine being transported back to 1995 and every surface is sticky.
Sounds like Chuck E Cheese! OY!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Tue 04, 2014 6:54 pm

I think what they were trying to rip off, when they built it out (since Disney isn't in the creative biz but rather the optioning/stealing biz) was Dave and Busters.

BenB

Post by BenB » Mar Wed 05, 2014 1:20 am

Once you get into Disney Quest, do you pay for each game or is everything free, or some combination? I've never been in there either but we might check it out this year.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Wed 05, 2014 2:04 am

If I recall, after admission (if you have a park hopper ticket with the water parks option, it should be rolled in with that group and you get in for free) almost all the games are free with the exception of games that offer actual prizes (like claw machines). So all the arcade games and the special games that were built for the arcade are free.

If you do not have that option on your pass the price varies, apparently based on the crowds, and if you go later at night they drop the price.

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Mar Thu 06, 2014 9:41 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Imagine being transported back to 1995 and every surface is sticky.
And add a fast food smell that has been absorbed by lots of soft furnishings, wall coverings, etc.
UncleScrooge477

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Mar Thu 06, 2014 9:44 am

Amy wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:

That is poor guest relations there. They should have been able to at least tell you they had some ~ and better they could have listed them for you. It wouldn't have taken them very long to call someone up over at DQ and asked them for that information!
That's what I thought, but over the years, I find that many of my specific questions get a generic We Don't Know response. I'm surprised that they either do not inventory their amusement devices (they know where their pressed penny machines are, I'm guessing) or are unwilling to share the contact information for the 3rd party vendor that they have outsourced such devices to. I'll keep an eye out for actual pictures, as I don't want to drop admission and lose a day to find out there is nothing there currently.
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 06, 2014 12:19 pm

I wonder if you might get further checking with the concierge when you check into the hotel? They might know the right contact person :D