All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

DisneyQuest Questions

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Mon 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Hey There! Happy Monday!

Has anyone been to DisneyQuest recently? My biggest question - do they still have pinball, and if so, how much of a selection? My hobby is collecting and restoring pinball machines, and I was hoping that maybe they have a good selection? :idea:

I don't think we've been there in over ten years - our favorite thing, back then, was the jeeps that ran below the floor, that you would control. I'm thinking those disappeared quite a few years ago? :-?

So, if you've been recently (within a year, I guess) and can feed me some happiness, or even a general idea of how the 'Quest is doing, I'd appreciate it. :mrgreen:

By the way, what does Mr. Green mean as a smilie? Am I using him wrong? I mean I like green, and I like smiles...
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: DisneyQuest Questions

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 17, 2014 2:05 pm

Can't help you out with the current state of Disney Quest ~ but I can help you out with the green smilie. I use him if I am super happy, or perhaps a bit cheeky ;) :lol:

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Mon 17, 2014 4:35 pm

I can't help you with Disney Quest either. That is one place that (ashamed to say this) We have never seen. :oops: :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 17, 2014 5:55 pm

Goofyfan wrote:I can't help you with Disney Quest either. That is one place that (ashamed to say this) We have never seen. :oops: :goofy:
I think we poked our noses in there a long, long, long time ago. But from what I have heard lately, it is more of a shell of its former self :(

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Mon 17, 2014 6:27 pm

That's what happens when the division that formerly ran it goes under. Now it sounds like it is mostly in maintenance mode.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Tue 18, 2014 7:52 am

The last time I was at DisneyQuest was in 2008 with the girls. Or it may have been 2001, but I can't honestly remember. It was fun, but not amazing, and that's the main reason we've not been back. It was part of our package deal, because I wouldn't have paid to go separately.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Thu 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Thanks - we had gone one trip when we had tons of free add-ons, so stopping in there for a half day after a water park wasn't a bad deal. The problem is I'd like to see what is currently IN there before I actually pay for an admission. I guess I could try emailing for a list of pinballs and arcade games.

I miss arcades. I grew up in the malls of New York (Massapequa Park) and spent many, many days playing pinball or arcade. Then the student union at college had them - library was right next door, so it made for a great break. They had a room with 15 or 20 pinballs, a 16 lane bowling alley, and probably 900 or so pool tables. (Maybe it just seemed like that). Now? All but extinct. I love the fact that the chain Tilt (which is a pinball term, if you can remember that far back) doesn't actually HAVE pinball machines.

There used to be a pin or two at each resort (Ft Wilderness had one at Trails End and One at the Main Pool) but have gone to vids, or worse, shudder, "redemption games". Or, as I tend to think, Gambling for Children. But every now and then I get lucky. I really enjoyed the Wreck It Ralph game at Disneyland at the arcade near Space Mtn (haven't checked the MK at WDW yet).

Well, if you're down in Florida before I go in late March, and you actually SEE a real pinball, anywhere on property (or off), I'd love to know! Heck - there used to be some in the Orlando airport, across the corridor from the brewery (wow - that dates me now, doesn't it). And I'll try to followup in April whenst we return.

Until then, let the lure of the silver ball keep you happy, and may you never Tilt.
UncleScrooge477

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Thu 20, 2014 2:51 pm

If you have an HD tv and don't mind the spend on a console (if you don't have one already) The Pinball arcade has tons of classic tables with regular content updates.
You could also buy it on Steam (for the PC) but unless you have a massive monitor it is less fun.

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Feb Fri 21, 2014 3:55 pm

I haven't been in quite sometime myself. It was only alright last time we went. I am still baffled that it is still open to be honest!.

I love Pinball machines as well. We have once at home and love it. It is an older one but still super fun.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Feb Fri 21, 2014 5:26 pm

I will be at Downtown Disney monday night.

I can check out for you if they still have pinball machines and take some pictures.

Tiger87
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Tiger87 » Feb Sun 23, 2014 11:22 am

I was there in 2011 and do not remember any pinball machines...when I return I'll be sure to look for you :goofy_bounce:

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Mon 24, 2014 10:10 am

Wizzard419 wrote:If you have an HD tv and don't mind the spend on a console (if you don't have one already) The Pinball arcade has tons of classic tables with regular content updates.
You could also buy it on Steam (for the PC) but unless you have a massive monitor it is less fun.
Thanks - I actually looked at a "pro" version of one of these but didn't really like it - same size as a regular machine, sort of, but the feel was wrong. Then again, it didn't weigh 300 lbs, and I wouldn't need a whole bunch of them. We're running out of space at home right now, though, so maybe I should look at this option, again! :oops:
UncleScrooge477

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Mon 24, 2014 10:11 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:I will be at Downtown Disney monday night.

I can check out for you if they still have pinball machines and take some pictures.
Thank you!
UncleScrooge477

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Mon 24, 2014 10:11 am

Tiger87 wrote:I was there in 2011 and do not remember any pinball machines...when I return I'll be sure to look for you :goofy_bounce:
Thanks! And I'll post after the March trip if I find any other pinballs on property.
UncleScrooge477

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Mon 24, 2014 3:35 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:If you have an HD tv and don't mind the spend on a console (if you don't have one already) The Pinball arcade has tons of classic tables with regular content updates.
Thanks - I actually looked at a "pro" version of one of these but didn't really like it - same size as a regular machine, sort of, but the feel was wrong. Then again, it didn't weigh 300 lbs, and I wouldn't need a whole bunch of them. We're running out of space at home right now, though, so maybe I should look at this option, again! :oops:
One thing that makes them slightly better is that, aside from not having damaged controls/playfield, they also fix some defects that may have plagued the originals (such as the ball getting stuck on a ramp).