DisneyQuest Questions

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: DisneyQuest Questions

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Thu 06, 2014 1:03 pm

You know Disney has every piece of property cataloged and numbered. It's amazing that they won't give you the information. It's UN-Disney like. Disney never drops a chance to take your money!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Thu 06, 2014 3:15 pm

It being cataloged and it being available to the temp-to-fire staff you interact with are two different things. You would probably have better odds of finding out the existence of a piece by asking the janitors/facilities people before some staff.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Thu 06, 2014 3:28 pm

I'm sure the maintenance could tell you about every piece of crap in the building!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Mar Fri 07, 2014 6:28 pm

[quote="UncleScrooge477"]Hey There! Happy Monday!
My hobby is collecting and restoring pinball machines, and I was hoping that maybe they have a good selection? :idea:

I bet you really enjoyed when the Penny Arcade was on Main St. It was full of old (authentic) pinball machines and those nickelodeon viewers. Old skee ball games, etc. Then they realized they could make a lot more money using the square footage as a retail area. That's when the arcade opened at SPace mountain.
Can't remember when, mid 90's I think.

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Mar Sat 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Wyntuck wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:Hey There! Happy Monday!
My hobby is collecting and restoring pinball machines, and I was hoping that maybe they have a good selection? :idea:

I bet you really enjoyed when the Penny Arcade was on Main St. It was full of old (authentic) pinball machines and those nickelodeon viewers. Old skee ball games, etc. Then they realized they could make a lot more money using the square footage as a retail area. That's when the arcade opened at SPace mountain.
Can't remember when, mid 90's I think.
That older stuff is fascinating, especially the wooden, mechanical machines. But in pinballs I'm more of a solid state guy. I really like my new Limited Edition Star Trek as it has the color changing LEDs in the playfield, which can cause some really neat effects. Totally worth the extra bucks...
UncleScrooge477

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Mar Fri 21, 2014 11:07 am

Well, back from the world. MK arcade near Space Mtn has 4 pinballs, which I do NOT remember and did NOT play.

Seems all the hype about magic bands is somewhat "early". You can NOT use them to obtain change for the arcade machines. Nor can you use them to purchase park admission. NOR can they be used to purchase a gift card to then purchase park admission, as a trip into the MK found out, whilst one member of our party waited outside.

Believing the hype, and linking the band to the CC, we figured that would be all we took to the park (yeah, yeah..I know). So without a REAL cc we could not purchase admission, nor a gift card to purchase admission. And, no, we didn't bring paper money,as we had magic bands...

Also, even more fun, the band only "sometimes" opens the gate to the resort (Fort WIlderness). So it was hit or miss when taking our personal vehicle out and about and wanting to return - sometimes the band would open the gate, sometimes the guard would have to notice us and come over and then let us in.

Huh.

So, yeah, 4 pins (all late model Stern) but who knows if they worked or anything like that.

Till next time!
UncleScrooge477

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Fri 21, 2014 12:56 pm

The reason the bands won't ever do those is 1) The retrofit for an arcade would not be worth the effort 2) The bands are ticket media, so anything you couldn't buy with old passes would be the same 3) Too much risk for fraud.

The main point for the linked card is to save Disney money on swipe fees, if they can collect the charges themselves they make slightly more money on each purchase.