Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jan Tue 28, 2014 12:51 pm

It looks like we might be back in the parks over Spring Break (March) this year - yippee!

But I have to admit - I am a little rusty on ticket prices, ticket options, etc. I already have magic bands from a soft trial (beta test) back in June of 2013, and I "think" I have all my previous unused days and such loaded onto them (I will need to check, obviously).

I've looked around the interwebs a bit, but am finding dated info, and nothing showing 2014.

Ideas? Recommendations? Suggestions?

Thanks - at home today, riding out the ice storms in Southern Georgia (the USA one, not over by Russia). Although, as I write at noon on the 28th, no ice, no snow, not even freezing temps (but it is down to 48 degrees - brrr!)

:figment: :figment:
UncleScrooge477

UncleScrooge477

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jan Fri 31, 2014 9:23 am

Huh. I've seen the Disney official pages, but a lot of the unoffical ones haven't posted 2014 rules, policies, etc yet. I realize that the fastpass booths have (or are going) away. But I'm trying to price out some ticket options, especially the Never Expire costs. Thanks!
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 31, 2014 1:28 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Huh. I've seen the Disney official pages, but a lot of the unoffical ones haven't posted 2014 rules, policies, etc yet. I realize that the fastpass booths have (or are going) away. But I'm trying to price out some ticket options, especially the Never Expire costs. Thanks!
Are you looking to buy from a non-Disney ticket broker? If so then I would have no idea, but if you are planning on buying from Disney, I would guess your best bet is to call them directly for the various options.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jan Fri 31, 2014 1:36 pm

or go to disneyworld.disney.go.com, the nclick on the vaca planner and select tickets only option, then you can mix and match features and get pricing

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Sat 01, 2014 10:19 am

Thanks - I'll wander over to the official Disney later today. I was looking for a quick and fast table, but I'll just tinker with the options. I'm still awaiting a response to my email to their ticket folk about how many days are left on some old ticket media I have.
UncleScrooge477

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Mon 03, 2014 3:15 pm

If a table is what you are looking for...take a look at this blog post from last week.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/01/27 ... d-tickets/

They have a Ticket Calculator to help you determine what your cheapest option is depending on your needs. I think this is exactly what you are looking for.

Now...I will say that there is still a cheaper way to buy park passes. Go over to MouseSavers.com and subscribe to their monthly newsletter. In the newsletter they give a link to one of the sites you'll see at the blog I posted above. The prices will be even lower than what the Touring Plans Ticket Calculator can show you. It's how DW and I always buy our park passes. Saves us about $20-$30 every trip...which will pay for a counter service meal.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Mon 03, 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks! I will take a look!

Still waiting to hear back on how many days we still have left from old ticket media - then I'm off to figure out what to buy!
UncleScrooge477

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Mon 03, 2014 6:14 pm

It probably would be faster if you just called in, ticket systems are notoriously slow.

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Tue 11, 2014 8:32 am

I got a call this past weekend. All previous tickets had been loaded on my magicbands, but they did explain everything that was left for the wife and I. Nice guy that called. They seem pretty busy, though, and I still have a month or so, I didn't want to call and rush them. Looks like we will use up our last extra days this year from tickets about 7 to 10 years ago! I wish I had bought a bunch more back then, when it was like $5 to go in the parks, rather than today's prices! Okay, not five dollars, but you get the idea.

I fondly remember getting summer Ft. Wilderness campgrounds for $19 a night 14 years ago, though -that WAS a deal. If you haven't looked at those prices recently, be prepared for some real sticker shock!
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 11, 2014 8:37 am

UncleScrooge477 wrote:I got a call this past weekend. All previous tickets had been loaded on my magicbands, but they did explain everything that was left for the wife and I. Nice guy that called. They seem pretty busy, though, and I still have a month or so, I didn't want to call and rush them. Looks like we will use up our last extra days this year from tickets about 7 to 10 years ago! I wish I had bought a bunch more back then, when it was like $5 to go in the parks, rather than today's prices! Okay, not five dollars, but you get the idea.

I fondly remember getting summer Ft. Wilderness campgrounds for $19 a night 14 years ago, though -that WAS a deal. If you haven't looked at those prices recently, be prepared for some real sticker shock!
Glad you got it all sorted out. That makes me wonder though, the last time we went, we had days that weren't used from a package deal because we had tickets already...supposedly those days are still loaded on our key to the world cards. I wonder if those will be in the system and added to the magic bands automagically the next time we make a trip, or if we will need to ask about having them added? :?

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Sat 15, 2014 11:53 am

Mousesavers is the best place for current info, but you should also consider getting tickets through UndercoverTourist.com. They are a great, legitimate source for discounted tickets and they can even mail them to you.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Sat 15, 2014 12:17 pm

horizons1 wrote:Mousesavers is the best place for current info, but you should also consider getting tickets through UndercoverTourist.com. They are a great, legitimate source for discounted tickets and they can even mail them to you.
DW and I always get our tickets through UndercoverTourist.com and will continue doing so unless we decide to buy APs...meaning we have moved to Florida or won the lottery. ;)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 15, 2014 2:40 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
horizons1 wrote:Mousesavers is the best place for current info, but you should also consider getting tickets through UndercoverTourist.com. They are a great, legitimate source for discounted tickets and they can even mail them to you.
DW and I always get our tickets through UndercoverTourist.com and will continue doing so unless we decide to buy APs...meaning we have moved to Florida or won the lottery. ;)
How does that work? Do you just pick your amount of days and if you want any add ons like the water parks? And the tickets are cheaper? My friends sister in law bought her children's tickets off eBay the last time they went. I would be leary of getting bad tickets just to save a few dollars. I know you and several others buy tickets through the undercover tourist site so I wouldn't be as worried about those.
Last edited by Amy on Feb Sat 15, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sat 15, 2014 3:13 pm

I'm surprised their system would be robust enough to determine a difference between the add-on days. Since it probably isn't like a metro system where "after you spend X amount on fares it automatically becomes a day pass".

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Feb Sat 15, 2014 3:34 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
Can & how would these be added to a Magic Band?