Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Festival of Fantasy Parade

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 28, 2014 9:09 am

cy1229 wrote:The floats arrived at MK overnight.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... gdom-park/
Neat! We aren't much for watching the daytime parades, but I think we'll have to watch this one at least once ~ those floats look pretty cool :D

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Tue 28, 2014 9:40 am

Looks very cool! I agree, we're not much for daytime parades (we avoid them :shock: ) but his one looks like it will be awesome! Hummmmmm, did they add the Malificient Dragon to coincide with the movie???
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 28, 2014 11:17 am

Steve Davison is the creative force behind this parade, which makes it that much more exciting for us to see. We LOVE World of Color and (from the videos we've seen) the fireworks show in Disneyland Paris. I am not a huge fan of the steampunk style in general, but I don't hate it. That said, I love the Maleficent dragon! I read on the Disney Parks blog (I think it was a previous entry) that the guy that they collaborated with on the design of that float was also a designer for Tapestry of Nations.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 28, 2014 11:24 am

MmeLeota wrote:Steve Davison is the creative force behind this parade, which makes it that much more exciting for us to see. We LOVE World of Color and (from the videos we've seen) the fireworks show in Disneyland Paris. I am not a huge fan of the steampunk style in general, but I don't hate it. That said, I love the Maleficent dragon! I read on the Disney Parks blog (I think it was a previous entry) that the guy that they collaborated with on the design of that float was also a designer for Tapestry of Nations.
Tapestry of Nations was a beautiful parade!

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Tue 28, 2014 4:44 pm

I really miss Tapestry of Nations
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Wed 29, 2014 4:59 am

Can't wait to see Festival of Fantasy. :D :goofy:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Wed 29, 2014 9:53 am

We generally see parades as optimum attraction time. We were able to literally walk on to Peter Pan during MSEP and Wishes. Since that's my favorite Disney classic movie, well, I enjoyed it. :) I enjoy parades, but I don't like how slowly they move, how loud the music is, and the crowds. The only parade I think I'd like to see in person is the Rose Bowl parade, and since I'll never go to Pasadena for New Year's (can you imagine the crowds?) I'll content myself with watching it on TV. Crikey, this makes me sound like an anti-social curmudgeon.

Which gets me to thinking, I wonder which I like more, Peter Pan, or Monsters, Inc. ? Hmmmmm....
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 29, 2014 1:58 pm

cy1229 wrote:We generally see parades as optimum attraction time. We were able to literally walk on to Peter Pan during MSEP and Wishes. Since that's my favorite Disney classic movie, well, I enjoyed it. :) I enjoy parades, but I don't like how slowly they move, how loud the music is, and the crowds. The only parade I think I'd like to see in person is the Rose Bowl parade, and since I'll never go to Pasadena for New Year's (can you imagine the crowds?) I'll content myself with watching it on TV. Crikey, this makes me sound like an anti-social curmudgeon.

Which gets me to thinking, I wonder which I like more, Peter Pan, or Monsters, Inc. ? Hmmmmm....
If we can find an uncrowded spot, I don't mind the parades, but that is near impossible to do. And I would rather be moving and doing rather than sitting and watching. I love all the lights of the nighttime parades so I only have to deal with the crowds on those. And I always have my earplugs handy ~ everything is sooooo loud :(
The best time we ever had watching a parade was in DL back in 2003. We had some sort of VIP passes included in our vacation package and one of the passes was a viewing spot for the parade ~ I think it was the Main Street Electrical Parade. There were about 12 chairs set up in a single row, lots of space between them and in a roped off area with no one nearby ~ it was heavenly and I felt like a celebrity! :D

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Jan Thu 30, 2014 4:58 pm

We never stop to watch the daytime parade either since we always end up seeing it as we go around anyways, but I really like the floats! I really liked the Peter Pan float (or at least, that's what I assume it will be for).
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » Mar Tue 11, 2014 3:45 pm

Woooooooow

Just watched video of the Festival of Fantasy Parade. My eyes have gone into colour meltdown :shock:
I think I may need to do some eye training before I watch it again :lol:
It looks so beautiful compared to anything we have seen. Would love to be able to experience it in person

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 11, 2014 6:34 pm

I have to agree with you on the cacophony of colors I am Sulley ~ the costumes are amazing looking :D I think this will be a parade we will take the time to watch at least once. If we are able to get there while it is still running

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Tue 11, 2014 8:15 pm

We watched the debut of Festival of Fantasy on Sunday...and :shock:
What a spectacular parade! It reminded us of a grander version of Soundsational...especially with all of the colors. Of course, we have noticed that Steve Davison's productions have no shortage of color. The Maleficent dragon is just...WOW! Especially the fact that it breathes fire...
I took a video of the parade (not sure how well it turned out though) and Cbog40 took still photos...they will be coming up on our blog as soon as I can get a handle on the thousands of photos we took.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 11, 2014 8:22 pm

MmeLeota wrote:We watched the debut of Festival of Fantasy on Sunday...and :shock:
What a spectacular parade! It reminded us of a grander version of Soundsational...especially with all of the colors. Of course, we have noticed that Steve Davison's productions have no shortage of color. The Maleficent dragon is just...WOW! Especially the fact that it breathes fire...
I took a video of the parade (not sure how well it turned out though) and Cbog40 took still photos...they will be coming up on our blog as soon as I can get a handle on the thousands of photos we took.
Yay! I was pretty impressed with the ability of Maleficent to breathe fire :shock:
Are y'all home now? Hope you are tucked in safe and sound ahead of this nasty weather that is supposed to be heading this way!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Tue 11, 2014 8:30 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:We watched the debut of Festival of Fantasy on Sunday...and :shock:
Yay! I was pretty impressed with the ability of Maleficent to breathe fire :shock:
Are y'all home now? Hope you are tucked in safe and sound ahead of this nasty weather that is supposed to be heading this way!
Yep...we got home late last night. Now back to the daily grind...