Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Fri 24, 2014 10:01 am

On our upcoming trip we are going on the Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour! We haven't don't this tour before and I'm very excited to do it! I understand from the CM that it's a more in-depth look at Walt Disney with an emphasis on bringing the 64 Worlds Fair attractions to Disneyland. I am wondering has anyone been on this tour yet?? I will be giving a detailed report on this with pictures! We will be in MK at 8am, so the picture taking will be spectacular! This is what the WDW website says:

A 3-hour look at how key events in Walt Disney’s life inspired Magic Kingdom park and the beloved attractions within it.
A Magical Trip Through Time
On this walking tour, discover some of the secrets behind the magic.
Your knowledgeable guide will share many little-known facts about Walt as well as the design and operation of several classic attractions. You'll also get to enter Magic Kingdom park before it opens to the general public and enjoy first-rate photo ops along Main Street, USA.
Learn about attractions spawned from Walt's participation in the 1964 World's Fair.
This insider’s look at the history of Magic Kingdom park is perfect for the avid Disney fan and offers a lighter alternative to the more in-depth Keys to the Kingdom tour.
Discover the Man Behind the Mouse
Fond memories of Marceline, Missouri, where Walt’s family moved when he was 4, led him to create the iconic glimpse of Americana known as Main Street, U.S.A.
This small railroad town inspired a lifelong fascination for Walt, and though the Disneys would live there only 4 years, this idyllic boyhood backdrop was never forgotten. By the time Walt had his own family, it fueled his vision of Disneyland as a place to spend quality time with his daughters.
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Fri 24, 2014 11:37 am

wow...this looks really good!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Fri 24, 2014 12:04 pm

I agree with BIG... looks awesome!!! I respectfully request that you share everything you can remember with us! :) Thanks!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Fri 24, 2014 12:30 pm

Nice....I may have to take this tour :)
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 24, 2014 9:09 pm

It looks like a really interesting tour! I'm especially interested in the '64 World's Fair information. I hope you have a good tour guide. The last tour we took at WDW, the UnDiscovered Future World tour, wasn't as good as I hoped as the tour guide seemed a little disinterested in what he was showing us unfortunately, and most of the information was not anything new and extraordinary if you had any real interest in the park already :(