Spectromagic

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Spectromagic

Post by DaRkNeSs » Feb Sun 02, 2014 11:12 am

yodiwan1 wrote:Spectro is not coming back. The floats have already been destroyed. Most were damaged while kept behind Main Street. Yes, they were there the entire time. I talso saw them about 3-4 years ago on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. The plan was to upgrade the lights to LED. In typical Disney fashion, they let another project be put on hold for to long and poof, no longer happening. SOrry to burst bubble, but Spectro has already joined Horizons, 20, 000 leagues, and Mr. Toads Wild Ride.
Well that is a real shame my family including my two sons really enjoyed spectromagic and we're looking forward to its return! Another favorite from the past gone forever! Boohoo! :donald:
Good thing thou disney spent 1.5 billion on stupid bands thou that's going great so far :oops:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sun 02, 2014 12:07 pm

Don't believe the figures you're reading on the bands. :D

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Feb Thu 06, 2014 2:05 pm

and besides, if they did not use money on MB's that does not mean that they would try to fix that ol'busted show anyway, or even build another ride with it... don't understand people and the fixation with how much is spent on infrastructure. you most likely would not be saying anything since disney does not release numbers on things like computer upgrades. how much did they spend on asphalt sealer last year? how much on replacement towels that people steal? how much on the darn electric bill?

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Thu 06, 2014 11:43 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:and besides, if they did not use money on MB's that does not mean that they would try to fix that ol'busted show anyway, or even build another ride with it... don't understand people and the fixation with how much is spent on infrastructure. you most likely would not be saying anything since disney does not release numbers on things like computer upgrades. how much did they spend on asphalt sealer last year? how much on replacement towels that people steal? how much on the darn electric bill?
That durn electric bill would be less if they switched to LED lights.

Just sayin'. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Thu 06, 2014 11:49 pm

Just for perspective, the Walt Disney Company's most valued asset is ESPN, with it driving 42% of their operating income. The parks may make money, but they can't make anything near what cable makes.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Feb Fri 07, 2014 4:45 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Isn't that what they already were doing?

No. Spectro has been gone for a few years now. :goofy:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Fri 07, 2014 5:40 pm

I know that, but what I was saying was that it flipped back and forth between DEP and Spectro. One would run for a year or two while the other was being refurbed, then switch.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Feb Sat 08, 2014 9:20 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Spectro is not coming back. The floats have already been destroyed. Most were damaged while kept behind Main Street. Yes, they were there the entire time. I talso saw them about 3-4 years ago on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. The plan was to upgrade the lights to LED. In typical Disney fashion, they let another project be put on hold for to long and poof, no longer happening. SOrry to burst bubble, but Spectro has already joined Horizons, 20, 000 leagues, and Mr. Toads Wild Ride.
Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Searlproudbottom
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Searlproudbottom » Feb Sat 08, 2014 9:45 pm

[quoteSpectro is not coming back. The floats have already been destroyed. Most were damaged while kept behind Main Street. Yes, they were there the entire time. I talso saw them about 3-4 years ago on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. The plan was to upgrade the lights to LED. In typical Disney fashion, they let another project be put on hold for to long and poof, no longer happening. SOrry to burst bubble, but Spectro has already joined Horizons, 20, 000 leagues, and Mr. Toads Wild Ride.][/quote]

Rule Number 4 DoubleTap
Rule Number 5, Never say Never

Searl

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sat 08, 2014 11:07 pm

Aren't the photos of the floats being demolished in this thread? They were photographed, so they probably won't be coming back unless they decide to build exact replicas for some reason.

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Feb Sun 09, 2014 7:57 am

I've been looking for those photos everywhere. They too seemed to have gone POOF!!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5