Epcot's International Flower and Garden Festival 2014

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: Epcot's International Flower and Garden Festival 2014

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jan Tue 28, 2014 4:12 pm

ELO would be neat - haven't seem them in years and years (opps - my age is showing).

Just booked a mid-march trip - gotta take that new travel trailer somewhere! Looking forward to some flowers and flower power and whatnot!
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 28, 2014 4:36 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:ELO would be neat - haven't seem them in years and years (opps - my age is showing).

Just booked a mid-march trip - gotta take that new travel trailer somewhere! Looking forward to some flowers and flower power and whatnot!
Camping at Fort Wilderness then?

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Jan Tue 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Our family will be there for 1 day and night during the Flower and Garden Festival. We are heading down to cruise on the Disney Wonder in early March but our tradition is to go over and stay at WDW the night before sailing, then get up the the next morning and head over to Port Canaveral. There is nothing like coming up over the intercoastal and seeing the Disney cruise ship sitting in the distance.

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jan Tue 28, 2014 11:10 pm

Amy wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:ELO would be neat - haven't seem them in years and years (opps - my age is showing).

Yup! If I can't get a conference down there (I got really lucky last summer - one at the Yacht Club, one at the Contemporary) then our preferred method is to camp at Fort Wilderness.

After many years of a pop-up we finally got a Travel Trailer that is light enough to tow with the Honda Ridgeline. Got a Coachman Freedom Express 192RBS from Peco Campers in Tucker, GA (sorta near Stone Mountain, and close to a Sears Outlet, which was pretty neat). Worth the trip up there.

So, down to the Fort in March for Spring Break!
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 29, 2014 9:01 am

UncleScrooge477 wrote:
Amy wrote:

Yup! If I can't get a conference down there (I got really lucky last summer - one at the Yacht Club, one at the Contemporary) then our preferred method is to camp at Fort Wilderness.

After many years of a pop-up we finally got a Travel Trailer that is light enough to tow with the Honda Ridgeline. Got a Coachman Freedom Express 192RBS from Peco Campers in Tucker, GA (sorta near Stone Mountain, and close to a Sears Outlet, which was pretty neat). Worth the trip up there.

Those are built near where we live with Coachmen's headquarters located fairly near us. One of my piano families' Dad is one of the executives of Coachmen and they used to travel to WDW all the time for their meetings and shows. Sadly it never translated into any WDW perks or benefits for me :roll: ;) :lol:
FW sounds like a great place to stay from reading wewantsdaredhead's last trip report!

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jan Wed 29, 2014 12:51 pm

Those are built near where we live with Coachmen's headquarters located fairly near us. One of my piano families' Dad is one of the executives of Coachmen and they used to travel to WDW all the time for their meetings and shows. Sadly it never translated into any WDW perks or benefits for me :roll: ;) :lol:
FW sounds like a great place to stay from reading wewantsdaredhead's last trip report!
Neat! We really like it. We went to the Tampa RV show last january to look at a couple of different types, but the Coachman was by far and away our favorite. Price was affordable and almost everything was already installed/included. We took it on two trips last summer and are looking forward to heading back to "The Fort" this spring. We're also hoping the weather is nice enough to hit Typhoon Lagoon along with the Flower and Garden Fest, and maybe the new Mine Train attraction over in the Kingdom.

:mickey:
UncleScrooge477

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Wed 29, 2014 1:38 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:

Neat! We really like it. We went to the Tampa RV show last january to look at a couple of different types, but the Coachman was by far and away our favorite. Price was affordable and almost everything was already installed/included. We took it on two trips last summer and are looking forward to heading back to "The Fort" this spring. We're also hoping the weather is nice enough to hit Typhoon Lagoon along with the Flower and Garden Fest, and maybe the new Mine Train attraction over in the Kingdom.

:mickey:
The American West is one of the best places for an RV, IMHO. Ok maybe my O isn't so H. :lol: I so very want an RV so we can go do what we want, when we want, and only need a place to "plug in" at night.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jan Thu 30, 2014 12:05 am

I gotta admit - not having to pack/unpack/repack, especially CPAP machine and such, is very nice! And now that 100, 200, 300 loops are preferred and not premium (since smaller and not pull-thrus) we can actually afford to be near the boat dock! Yippee!
UncleScrooge477

rautio6
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by rautio6 » Feb Mon 03, 2014 6:15 pm

Our family will be visiting at the end of March. We are so excited! I agree, it is EPCOT at its most grand!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Tue 04, 2014 11:30 am

cccmouse wrote:Our family will be there for 1 day and night during the Flower and Garden Festival. We are heading down to cruise on the Disney Wonder in early March but our tradition is to go over and stay at WDW the night before sailing, then get up the the next morning and head over to Port Canaveral. There is nothing like coming up over the intercoastal and seeing the Disney cruise ship sitting in the distance.
Sweet! When are you going? We'll be in the area March 5-10!

foldmama
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by foldmama » Feb Wed 19, 2014 3:33 pm

I've gone the last week of April or the first week of May and it was not bad at all. It does start to got hot in May. It's been 2.5 years for me and I so need a trip to Disney and spring is my favorite time of year. Perhaps next year!

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Mon 24, 2014 10:19 am

“Piggylicous” bacon cupcake with maple frosting and pretzel crunch featuring Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Bacon....

http://www.thedailycity.com/2014/02/men ... ns-at.html
UncleScrooge477