Snow White Mine Train

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by Wizzard419 » May Thu 01, 2014 4:43 pm

Considering the ride, and all applications they have ever done with internal projections... the ease of re-programing is a benefit that they will never use. They would probably be switching to flexible OLEDs before ever needing a new face to be drawn.

The one thing that sucks with all backlit applications Disney has done is that they glow, so they look weird. They can handle it pretty well with shading and throttling how much light goes out, but it still has that glow. Kind of like how HMH's ceiling looks interesting but it breaks the blackout section.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 01, 2014 8:35 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Disney also just released a teaser showing some of the interactive queue "games".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFBeZqZcU_c
Fun! Looks like I will have to bring a little bigger bottle of hand sanitizer with me on the next trip ~ I won't be able to resist the water/music one :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Thu 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Just do what I do, pour vodka/gasoline (whatever is handy) on everything and light it on fire, that way it will be sanitary for you.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 02, 2014 6:24 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Just do what I do, pour vodka/gasoline (whatever is handy) on everything and light it on fire, that way it will be sanitary for you.
Pretty sure fires inside the mine are not allowed ~ sorry ;) :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » May Fri 02, 2014 6:33 am

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Just do what I do, pour vodka/gasoline (whatever is handy) on everything and light it on fire, that way it will be sanitary for you.
Vodka would disinfect without flame. Just sayin. And, since ethanol doesn't burn that hot, would probably not damage a lot. Then again, it paint and other materials are flammable...

Yeah, just pour. Don't ignite the vodka.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » May Fri 02, 2014 8:59 am

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Vodka would disinfect without flame. Just sayin. And, since ethanol doesn't burn that hot, would probably not damage a lot. Then again, it paint and other materials are flammable...

Yeah, just pour. Don't ignite the vodka.
where's the fun in that? 8-)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » May Fri 02, 2014 10:26 am

I just watched a complete ride video on YouTube and the end of the ride is actually pretty cool in how they give a nod to the original Snow White attraction.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » May Fri 02, 2014 8:24 pm

So it would seem that May 2 was dedication day rather than opening day. Did anyone see the live streaming of the event? I found a Disney blog entry talking about it, but there was no link.

Agreed, that the ride through video was pretty cool. I hope it's a bit longer than the 1:30 or so the video was.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 02, 2014 8:57 pm

I do like seeing the characters from the Snow White attraction at the end of the new attraction ~ that is nice. And those AAs look awesome to me ~ love the facial expressions! It looks like the attraction is under 2 minutes ImagineerWannabe...hopefully the wait times will have died down a bit before we get back there so I won't feel bad about waiting for such a short ride :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Fri 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Yeah, I'm not totally sure why they did an opening ceremony event a month prior to the ride actually opening. It's not like anyone of note is still alive to have scheduling conflicts with death. :D

I'm going to guess that they stuck to the formula of children of Gen X/Y are not exposed to source materials so stripping the story out of the attraction is fine.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Sat 03, 2014 8:49 pm

May 28th, with soft openings probably starting this week, I would think. Cast Members were testing today. I watched the complete ride and I think it was listed at 2 minutes and 28 seconds. It looked cool, but still did not look like the carts swing that much. I fear it's just going to be another Big Thunder with a mini dark ride in the middle.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 03, 2014 9:14 pm

NaCler wrote:May 28th, with soft openings probably starting this week, I would think. Cast Members were testing today. I watched the complete ride and I think it was listed at 2 minutes and 28 seconds. It looked cool, but still did not look like the carts swing that much. I fear it's just going to be another Big Thunder with a mini dark ride in the middle.
One of the blogs I follow mentioned that the carts swung a lot more when they rode with the cart full rather than just a few people. It really looks like they don't more very much in any of the videos I've seen though. I don't think it is going to be much more thrilling than BTMRR, but it does seem like it has more twists and turns, so I think it will be fun. Certainly a roller coaster that people can enjoy with their children.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » May Sat 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:May 28th, with soft openings probably starting this week, I would think. Cast Members were testing today. I watched the complete ride and I think it was listed at 2 minutes and 28 seconds. It looked cool, but still did not look like the carts swing that much. I fear it's just going to be another Big Thunder with a mini dark ride in the middle.
One of the blogs I follow mentioned that the carts swung a lot more when they rode with the cart full rather than just a few people. It really looks like they don't more very much in any of the videos I've seen though. I don't think it is going to be much more thrilling than BTMRR, but it does seem like it has more twists and turns, so I think it will be fun. Certainly a roller coaster that people can enjoy with their children.
Considering its placement in the park, it would surprise me greatly if it was NOT a ride for most ages, say, age 4 and up. Lots of sad faces would be turned away otherwise.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Sat 03, 2014 10:26 pm

I think the height req was 36" which isn't very tall. Probably meant for 4-5yo.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » May Mon 05, 2014 8:35 am

NaCler wrote:I think the height req was 36" which isn't very tall. Probably meant for 4-5yo.
Yeah...my 2 year old is 36 inches tall. Of course he's pretty dang tall for his age...but it's crazy to think he's tall enough for the SDMT (or is it 7DMT?) and almost tall enough to ride Splash Mountain (40 inches)!

I think the ride is meant to be a little tame since it's in the middle of Fantasyland...but what I am most excited about is the amazing theming and Imagineering done to make it look the way it does. It is probably one of the best themed attractions from a visual perspective looking on from the outside of any attraction I have ever seen. The entire New Fantasyland section of the park was very well done, even if it is not quite what they had planned.

My hope (don't meant to hijack) is that Joe Rohde can get his folks to really deliver on Avatarland...because Expedition Everest is a huge black eye from an engineering perspective.