All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by cy1229 » May Mon 05, 2014 11:20 am

theBIGyowski wrote:...

I think the ride is meant to be a little tame since it's in the middle of Fantasyland...but what I am most excited about is the amazing theming and Imagineering done to make it look the way it does. It is probably one of the best themed attractions from a visual perspective looking on from the outside of any attraction I have ever seen. The entire New Fantasyland section of the park was very well done, even if it is not quite what they had planned.

My hope (don't meant to hijack) is that Joe Rohde can get his folks to really deliver on Avatarland...because Expedition Everest is a huge black eye from an engineering perspective.
Couldn't agree more. I would love to see the attention to detail and "over the top" workmanship come back. It would help to better justify the high price of a trip in my head. There still isn't anything like WDW, but other parks are closing the gap.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

SeasDiver
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SeasDiver » May Mon 26, 2014 9:59 pm

The opening is the 28th of this month. It has been in soft opening and I rode it 3 times during the 24 hour event. With the line backed up into almost to Dumbo, it was about a 45-50 minute wait each time, although no fast passes were available for anyone, so the line moved faster than it would once fast passes start being available. Make sure to keep watching the end scene (to the right of the train) as you pull into the station. The animatronics were awesome, and the ride was pretty smooth.
Regards,
Aaron
Another Day, Another Dive

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 27, 2014 6:56 am

SeasDiver wrote:The opening is the 28th of this month. It has been in soft opening and I rode it 3 times during the 24 hour event. With the line backed up into almost to Dumbo, it was about a 45-50 minute wait each time, although no fast passes were available for anyone, so the line moved faster than it would once fast passes start being available. Make sure to keep watching the end scene (to the right of the train) as you pull into the station. The animatronics were awesome, and the ride was pretty smooth.
That is neat you got to ride it 3 times. I'm guessing a 45 minute wait is going to be on the low side for the first few months so you were pretty lucky :D