Fastpass+

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Fastpass+

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Mon 27, 2014 9:44 pm

That too, considering they apparently do make note of how many people enter each ride daily. The lower numbers may also be a function of how people aren't riding it as much as a coaster, which is weird since you would think the audience that rides a looping ride would be down with a drop ride.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 27, 2014 10:06 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:That too, considering they apparently do make note of how many people enter each ride daily. The lower numbers may also be a function of how people aren't riding it as much as a coaster, which is weird since you would think the audience that rides a looping ride would be down with a drop ride.
I wonder if ToT has a higher rate of riders through per hour as well. If all the sides are operating would they fit more people through in the same time frame than RnR coaster would? Not sure how many limos would operate at once...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Mon 27, 2014 11:42 pm

Quick glance, I'm going to guess that WDW's version hold more people than the DCA version (since we are locked at 6 cars for the 3 shafts) and the DCA version apparently can handle a few hundred more an hour than RnR can (1,500 vs 1,300).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 28, 2014 9:07 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Quick glance, I'm going to guess that WDW's version hold more people than the DCA version (since we are locked at 6 cars for the 3 shafts) and the DCA version apparently can handle a few hundred more an hour than RnR can (1,500 vs 1,300).
So capacity could also come into play in tiering the attractions...

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Tue 28, 2014 9:29 am

Having a limit of (3) Fastpasses and a limit on the "high end - tier 1" rides is kind of a bummer because we were quite good at getting a boat load of rides done utilizing the old Fastpass system.
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Jan Tue 28, 2014 11:53 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Quick glance, I'm going to guess that WDW's version hold more people than the DCA version (since we are locked at 6 cars for the 3 shafts) and the DCA version apparently can handle a few hundred more an hour than RnR can (1,500 vs 1,300).
Actually, I've heard the DCA version can move more people through than the WDW version because of the quicker turnover in the three independent shafts versus 4 loading zones with only 2 dropping shafts. Plus if any one goes down it doesn't make as much of an impact than if the WDW one does.
"now, bring me that horizon"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Interesting, I would have figured that WDW would have been able to cycle more through since you could have 4 cars ascending the shafts, 4 cars loading (if the safety system allows it) one in each 5th dimension funnel, one in each drop-shaft, and one at each return. The DCA one is almost painful with how long the wait is. Too bad they couldn't develop the load system to allow the cars to load on one floor, and unload on another, it would probably make the waiting time a smoother experience.

Amy wrote:
So capacity could also come into play in tiering the attractions...
Probably the core is demand and capacity. Since Toy Story is high demand and sort of terrible at the rate it moves people through, it most likely has the highest tier.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Wed 29, 2014 9:48 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Interesting, I would have figured that WDW would have been able to cycle more through since you could have 4 cars ascending the shafts, 4 cars loading (if the safety system allows it) one in each 5th dimension funnel, one in each drop-shaft, and one at each return. The DCA one is almost painful with how long the wait is. Too bad they couldn't develop the load system to allow the cars to load on one floor, and unload on another, it would probably make the waiting time a smoother experience.

Ok question... Am I correct in that the DCA ToT came first? So, wouldn't they have (hopefully) learned from their "mistakes" and re-designed the WDW version to handle more people at a time and operate more smoothly? Regardless of motivation, it just makes sense to improve upon deficiencies in any design process.

I never realized that the ToT could handle so many cars at a time.I count 10 cars, maybe 14 (if the safety system allows it), times 21 people per car. That's quite a large number.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 29, 2014 10:08 am

cy1229 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Interesting, I would have figured that WDW would have been able to cycle more through since you could have 4 cars ascending the shafts, 4 cars loading (if the safety system allows it) one in each 5th dimension funnel, one in each drop-shaft, and one at each return. The DCA one is almost painful with how long the wait is. Too bad they couldn't develop the load system to allow the cars to load on one floor, and unload on another, it would probably make the waiting time a smoother experience.

Ok question... Am I correct in that the DCA ToT came first? So, wouldn't they have (hopefully) learned from their "mistakes" and re-designed the WDW version to handle more people at a time and operate more smoothly? Regardless of motivation, it just makes sense to improve upon deficiencies in any design process.

I never realized that the ToT could handle so many cars at a time.I count 10 cars, maybe 14 (if the safety system allows it), times 21 people per car. That's quite a large number.
Nope, WDW's tower was the original

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Wed 29, 2014 5:17 pm

That and DCA didn't even exist yet when the original opened. :D

The DCA, DS (in France), and TDS, use the same ride system with the only exception being the theme for TDS. They even ordered the exact same owl statue for the replicas so they could use the same video without continuity issues. A big reason DCA's lacked the forward moving 5th dimension segment was that there was limited space (and the section itself may have had some faults) as well as being cheaper. That and we hijacked the Parisian's plans which ended up with our version being completed and opened before them and for less money.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Thu 30, 2014 9:58 am

I'm wondering if there would ever be a chance that if you were to use all three of your fast passes and still at the parks could get another one? It would make sense, since you would have used up any currently in your possession. Just a thought...
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 30, 2014 3:05 pm

They might, rumor has it they will be adding more passes soon.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jan Thu 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:They might, rumor has it they will be adding more passes soon.
whether they are just given, premiums, or just plain for sale?
(have seen rumors for all three about the different disney forums)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 30, 2014 8:01 pm

They might actually get some monetization if their worthless app then.

The one reason I think they might not try to monetize the app, or even sell additional passes is that it wouldn't be able to reflect a market rate and I suppose it would also be something that would need to come out of the normal population of passes if they did not wish to impact the normal FP line. Also, Disney usually tries to keep things looking equal and something like this might be a little conspicuous.

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Feb Mon 10, 2014 5:33 pm

cy1229 wrote:

According to Disney, the DCA one is the improvement to the WDW one. since the shafts are technically 3 different independent rides and not only 2 like in WDW, if one goes down it doesn't affect the ride as much, plus apparently there's more of a hassle with the elevators leaving the first shaft and entering the drop shaft. This can lead to more potential problems.
"now, bring me that horizon"