Fastpass+

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

holiday road
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Fastpass+

Post by holiday road » Jan Fri 17, 2014 8:18 am

Hi, I am trying to get my head around the fastpass plus thing and I was hoping someone can straighten me out. I got the basic concept but my questions are: If you go ahead and book out the fastpasses in advance are you now not able to use the fastpass kiosks when you get to the parks? My issue is that although kind of like the idea of planning out my fastpasses I do more than the two or three a day your allotted by booking them in advance and I'll be up the creek with only 3 FP a day. The issue I have with just say forget it I'll do it like I always have and use the old system is that with the new fastpass+ if i don't use it will I be shut off from getting fastpasses anyway because all the cool rides are booked out in advance. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Fastpass+

Post by cy1229 » Jan Fri 17, 2014 8:21 am

holiday road wrote:Hi, I am trying to get my head around the fastpass plus thing and I was hoping someone can straighten me out. I got the basic concept but my questions are: If you go ahead and book out the fastpasses in advance are you now not able to use the fastpass kiosks when you get to the parks? My issue is that although kind of like the idea of planning out my fastpasses I do more than the two or three a day your allotted by booking them in advance and I'll be up the creek with only 3 FP a day. The issue I have with just say forget it I'll do it like I always have and use the old system is that with the new fastpass+ if i don't use it will I be shut off from getting fastpasses anyway because all the cool rides are booked out in advance. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.
Depending on when you go, FP+ will probably be your only option. The old system is completely gone in the MK, and will be going away soon in the other parks.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

holiday road

Post by holiday road » Jan Fri 17, 2014 8:57 am

Thanks, So if you don't use Fastpass plus you wait in line. Is this working out well?

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Fri 17, 2014 9:08 am

Is it true that you can only reserve in advance if you are staying on property? If you are going for a day and have a ticket in hand will you be able to register the pass in advance to schedule the rides?
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 17, 2014 9:19 am

jderoche5 wrote:Is it true that you can only reserve in advance if you are staying on property? If you are going for a day and have a ticket in hand will you be able to register the pass in advance to schedule the rides?
Looks like the system currently works for those staying on property, including the Swan and Dolphin, as well as for any guest visiting MK or AK, even if they are not staying on property. The only difference being if you are off property, you would have to make your FP+ in the parks and not in advance at MK or AK
At least that is my understanding of the system at the moment :D

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Fri 17, 2014 9:35 am

Thanks! Hoping it changes by March. We are only going for a day while we are in the area and would like to be able to get a Fastpass or two in advance.

If not certain rides can wait until October :)
Jessica

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Jan Fri 17, 2014 10:11 am

I believe I saw a note that the Magic Band program and (I would think) the FastPass+ program would be expanding to include off-site guests (could be wrong but it has to come). Not certain that that is active yet and I'd have to dig to try to find the article. If you have Magic Bands I would simply sign in to your My Disney Experience account or app and give it a try. I did see FP+ kiosks going up here and there, especially in Magic Kingdom and I understand that the Heritage House shop in MK has been turned into a FP+ kiosk area this past week and we saw kiosks in the cross over from Frontierland to Adventurland early this month.

Aha! Found: Fastpass open to all guests

and

Paper Fastpasses disappear next week

holiday road

Post by holiday road » Jan Fri 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Thanks for all the info I have one other question. How in the world is a fastpass for Illuminations or Wishes or Fantasmic going to work?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Fri 17, 2014 1:35 pm

Marked off viewing areas, similar to how World of Color at DCA works.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Fri 17, 2014 2:29 pm

So, as to clarify... I'm a Florida Resident/Annual Passholder. I cannot make advance Fastpass reservations unless staying on property?? Seems like a bummer to Florida residents.... :(
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Fri 17, 2014 2:49 pm

No, you should be able to already do that since you can already link your AP to the system (if you have the new media).

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Sat 18, 2014 9:40 am

cousininmiami wrote:So, as to clarify... I'm a Florida Resident/Annual Passholder. I cannot make advance Fastpass reservations unless staying on property?? Seems like a bummer to Florida residents.... :(
I think he may be right. I looked into it further. It appears he can only make them the day he arrives in the park at one of the kiosks. Poor if you ask me, but I guess it's fist come first server and resort guest have always received the extra perks.
Jessica

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 18, 2014 1:16 pm

jderoche5 wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:So, as to clarify... I'm a Florida Resident/Annual Passholder. I cannot make advance Fastpass reservations unless staying on property?? Seems like a bummer to Florida residents.... :(
I think he may be right. I looked into it further. It appears he can only make them the day he arrives in the park at one of the kiosks. Poor if you ask me, but I guess it's fist come first server and resort guest have always received the extra perks.
I think that is the case now, but I believe I have read that as the system continues to be rolled out that AP holders will be able to make advance FP+ ressies. Hopefully that is sooner rather than later as it does seem like they should be watching out for the AP holders as well!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sat 18, 2014 1:36 pm

I would have sworn they already have access to the system if you were an AP holder. One of the big problems for them, I would imagine, is that they don't plan their visits 3 months (or whatever the threshold is) in advance. This is going to lead to two bad scenarios, the first is AP holders show up and can't get any passes at times they want/at all for the rides/shows they are looking for, and it also encourages AP holders (with linked passes) to simply book up every single day, even if they aren't going, which leads to passes going unused.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I would have sworn they already have access to the system if you were an AP holder. One of the big problems for them, I would imagine, is that they don't plan their visits 3 months (or whatever the threshold is) in advance. This is going to lead to two bad scenarios, the first is AP holders show up and can't get any passes at times they want/at all for the rides/shows they are looking for, and it also encourages AP holders (with linked passes) to simply book up every single day, even if they aren't going, which leads to passes going unused.
Maybe that is one of the things WDW is working on??