2014 WDW Marathon Weekend

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Sat 11, 2014 12:50 pm

Marathon running for a Dole Whip...........Whew........that was tuff :wink: :goofy:

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Jan Sat 11, 2014 2:23 pm

SPOILER ALERT Long post :D
While I was cheering on the people running the half from work I came up with this for all our Dopey runners tomorrow. :shock: :

The day has dawned, it's here at last
Registration is in the distant past
When you signed up they said you were nuts
Now the day is here, no if's or buts.

Buses arrive, corall's start to fill
See the finish in you mind, you can and you will
Fireworks go off the race is under way
No stopping you now, today is YOUR day.

Round the corner on Main street, castle's in sight
Crowds cheer you on unaware of your fight
Noise spurs you forward, spirits will soar
How can they know your on number four.

Race round the track, down bear island road
your heading towards the animals abode
Past Everest and Dinosaur, then out of the park
Sun is in the sky now it's no longer dark.

Down the parkway, round baseball pitches
Aching legs but no sign of stitches
Another park waits, the tower is in sight
No time today to stop for the fright.

People gather at Boardwalk, there are quite a few
EPCOT is beckoning, it's calling to you
The ball has appeared, now it is clear
Your going to finish of that there's no fear.

Crossing the finish, the crowds stand to cheer
As Henry would say "its time for a beer"
They thought you were goofy, you proved them all wrong
For you it was DOPEY we knew all along.

Sorry it was a bit of a marathon :lol: :lol:
Good luck everyone. Wish I was there to cheer you across the line, work calls but I will be with you in spirit.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Great picture ~ well done guys! Down to just one for you now H?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Sat 11, 2014 7:44 pm

Sleepy90, I LOVED your poem!!!! Got me choked up!!!

CONGRATS you guys!!! Awesome medals! Can't wait to hear all about it! There is nothing like crossing that finish line and having that bling placed around your neck, all pain goes away and it was all so worth it! Before you know it, you'll be saying "when are we doing this again?!" :D Well done!!!! 8-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Great poem Sleepy90! I didn't see that yesterday for some reason...it gave me chills. Hope everyone does well tomorrow on the full! :D

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Sun 12, 2014 4:09 am

Sleepy......that was AWESOME!!!! And wow is it all true. Right down to the sun coming up. :)
Yes it will be time for a beer before long. One to go.

See you at the end.

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Jan Tue 14, 2014 10:24 am

Congratulations to all who finished this weekend. I had a questions for those that took on the Dopey Challenge. As a future Dopey hopeful I am wondering, what was your strategy going in and did you follow it? Did you walk the first 3 and run the last? Did you run every other race? Did you actually run them all?
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Tue 14, 2014 3:49 pm

jrcohen wrote:Congratulations to all who finished this weekend. I had a questions for those that took on the Dopey Challenge. As a future Dopey hopeful I am wondering, what was your strategy going in and did you follow it? Did you walk the first 3 and run the last? Did you run every other race? Did you actually run them all?
First of all..we trained HARD. We didn't miss a weekly run..my wife is a real beast like that.
But during the race, we took it really easy during the first three and saved it all for the full and it paid off.
We had a faster pace in the full than in the other three! In fact, our splits were identical within two seconds during the entire full, which was amazing to me.
We stopped everywhere for the 5k. Took lots of pics and just enjoyed it.
The 10k...we jogged the first three miles because they are through a parking lot and a road (read as: very boring). The half we just slowed down a little bit and I kept reminding my wife that the half was just a means to an end. It really didn't mean anything to us...tomorrow(the full) was the real prize.
Then in the full we had saved so much that we felt great and just ran like Forrest Gump.
My wife had a goal of sub 6 hours and when we got to mile 24 she said, hey we can still do this...
5:57. :)

Best of luck jrchoen...we will be there to cheer you on. I think I will be doing the 10k next year to be perfectly Minnie. Lol.
No more fulls for me. They are just too much for me.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jan Tue 14, 2014 9:42 pm

What??? Who is going to run with me during my Full next year WWDRH? You've run with me in every Disney race so far. I'm sure I can convince you somehow within the next year.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 14, 2014 9:48 pm

NaCler wrote:What??? Who is going to run with me during my Full next year WWDRH? You've run with me in every Disney race so far. I'm sure I can convince you somehow within the next year.
I was thinking the same thing ~ H has to run with you in your first full!! Maybe he'll run with you if you promise not to make him ride RnR Coaster with you...or if you promise to buy him a beer ;)

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Wed 15, 2014 7:29 am

Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:What??? Who is going to run with me during my Full next year WWDRH? You've run with me in every Disney race so far. I'm sure I can convince you somehow within the next year.
I was thinking the same thing ~ H has to run with you in your first full!! Maybe he'll run with you if you promise not to make him ride RnR Coaster with you...or if you promise to buy him a beer ;)
Or both!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Jan Wed 15, 2014 2:06 pm

Of course you can persuade him Nacler. He said he was never going to run another full after last year :lol: anyway if I am up for running it at my age you youngsters should have no problems.

Congratulations to all the dopey runners hope to see you running it again next year to keep Joe company :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
Of course you can persuade him Nacler. He said he was never going to run another full after last year :lol: anyway if I am up for running it at my age you youngsters should have no problems.

Congratulations to all the dopey runners hope to see you running it again next year to keep Joe company :shock:
I take it Joe is going to run the Dopey gauntlet...and you are doing the full then? Nice! :D

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Jan Fri 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Amy wrote:I take it Joe is going to run the Dopey gauntlet...and you are doing the full then? Nice! :D
Joe is going Dopey. The jury is out with me at the moment I will make up my mind closer to registration.
Decision is to do the first three which I am pretty sure off, or go for the unknown full. Three medals against one but the main mouse could still win :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 17, 2014 8:28 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
Amy wrote:I take it Joe is going to run the Dopey gauntlet...and you are doing the full then? Nice! :D
Joe is going Dopey. The jury is out with me at the moment I will make up my mind closer to registration.
Decision is to do the first three which I am pretty sure off, or go for the unknown full. Three medals against one but the main mouse could still win :shock:
How early does registration open?