Horizons Tshirt being offered online

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Horizons Tshirt being offered online

Post by cy1229 » Nov Wed 20, 2013 8:08 am

Those of you who are Horizons fans might be interested in this offering, copied and pasted from the Allears.net newsletter:
Allears.net wrote:From November 21-25, 2013, Disney Parks online store will offer an exclusive t-shirt marking the 30th anniversary of the opening of Horizons, a former Epcot Future World attraction. A look at what living in the 21st century would be like, Horizons was located on the site of what is now Mission: Space. The attraction opened October 1, 1983 and closed on January 9, 1999. The front of the special tee, whose artwork was created by Disney Design Group artist Casey Jones, shows the attraction's iconic robot butler along with its marquee. The shirt also features this well-known quote: "If we can dream it, we can do it," which was found inside the attraction's entrance. You can choose one of three different designs for the back of the shirt -- either Mesa Verde, Sea Castle Resort or Omega Centauri, a nod to the attraction's "choose your own ending." You can order this shirt starting November 21 at http://www.Disneystore.com/ParkEvents. Items will ship in 6-8 weeks (express shipping is not available).
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Horizons Tshirt being offered online

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 20, 2013 8:47 am

cy1229 wrote:Those of you who are Horizons fans might be interested in this offering, copied and pasted from the Allears.net newsletter:
Allears.net wrote:From November 21-25, 2013, Disney Parks online store will offer an exclusive t-shirt marking the 30th anniversary of the opening of Horizons, a former Epcot Future World attraction. A look at what living in the 21st century would be like, Horizons was located on the site of what is now Mission: Space. The attraction opened October 1, 1983 and closed on January 9, 1999. The front of the special tee, whose artwork was created by Disney Design Group artist Casey Jones, shows the attraction's iconic robot butler along with its marquee. The shirt also features this well-known quote: "If we can dream it, we can do it," which was found inside the attraction's entrance. You can choose one of three different designs for the back of the shirt -- either Mesa Verde, Sea Castle Resort or Omega Centauri, a nod to the attraction's "choose your own ending." You can order this shirt starting November 21 at http://www.Disneystore.com/ParkEvents. Items will ship in 6-8 weeks (express shipping is not available).
Link doesn't show anything :( Just "special events" on the Disney Store page with no photo of the t-shirt...

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Wed 20, 2013 10:34 am

I wonder if it won't show up until the 21st.

I really, really want one of these shirts...but I'd like to see it first before deciding to buy it.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Wed 20, 2013 11:04 am

Yeah it says starting November 21, so maybe they won't show up until Thursday. I'd check it out first thing early Thursday morning so you can make sure you get what you want before they sell out.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Wed 20, 2013 11:29 am

I was able to see the shirt(s) on the Disney Parks Blog.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... 1-25-2013/

Front:

3 "Choices" for the back:

They look very, very awesome and I want one right now...but not sure which destination I want on the back.

Question though...wasn't the futuristic space port called "Brava Centauri"? The logo on the shirt says "Omega". They had to have done that change on purpose...but I'm not really sure why.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 20, 2013 11:56 am

theBIGyowski wrote:I wonder if it won't show up until the 21st.

I really, really want one of these shirts...but I'd like to see it first before deciding to buy it.
cy1229 wrote:Yeah it says starting November 21, so maybe they won't show up until Thursday. I'd check it out first thing early Thursday morning so you can make sure you get what you want before they sell out.
Ah yes, that makes sense. I was interested in seeing the design as well...and the cost. Seems like t-shirts are running around $30 now, even without them being some sort of limited edition :shock:

Cool find on the t-shirt design BIG! I do like it ~ it is sort of a challenge for choosing a back design isn't it? I think I might choose Mesa Verde just because that seems the most Horizon'-like to me for some reason...or the Omega Centauri. Not a big fan of the Sea Castle Resort logo.
Now I'm going to have to do some research on the Centauri part ~ I was thinking it was Alpha Centauri! :lol:
EDIT: Just a quickie search, but I did turn up Brava Centauri in this bit of research ~ http://www.lostepcot.com/horizons.html ~ so you are not off in your thinking BIG. I wonder why they changed it too :?

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Wed 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Yeah...I have listened to the Horizons ride audio more than I care to admit...so I knew it was Brava Centauri. The only thing I could think of is maybe someone else trademarked that name after Horizons was torn down...so Disney had to come up with something else that most people would catch.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Nov Wed 20, 2013 2:42 pm

Neat! I gotta get one. I have an old white one that I bought on Zazzle a while back that has the logo on the front and the operating years plus the motto on the back.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 21, 2013 9:57 am

$24.95 for each t-shirt or mix and match three for $60. Ack ~ decisions! I don't really need three of the same t-shirt, even if they have different locations on the back...but it is so tempting to save $15 on the set of three...I think I will have to decide between Mesa Verde and Omega Centauri though...
Anyone else ordering one?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 21, 2013 9:57 am

$24.95 for each t-shirt or mix and match three for $60. Ack ~ decisions! I don't really need three of the same t-shirt, even if they have different locations on the back...but it is so tempting to save $15 on the set of three...I think I will have to decide between Mesa Verde and Omega Centauri though...
Anyone else ordering one?

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Thu 21, 2013 10:06 am

I may have to see if I can get DW to get me one of these for my birthday or Christmas so I can wear it to WDW in January.

I'd probably have to go with Mesa Verde...because you gotta have the oranges.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 21, 2013 10:21 am

theBIGyowski wrote:I may have to see if I can get DW to get me one of these for my birthday or Christmas so I can wear it to WDW in January.

I'd probably have to go with Mesa Verde...because you gotta have the oranges.
The oranges...how could I forget the oranges?
Still deciding on one, and looking to see if there is anything else that I need want to try and save on shipping!
EDIT: I did it ~ I picked the Omega Centauri, although I know it isn't quite as authentic, I like that design the best. They also had the Mickey casserole dish that another subber had posted photos of on facebook. It was out of stock the last time I looked. Added another glow in the dark t-shirt and a classical CD to get up to the free shipping amount and voila ~ money poorer but Disney richer ;) :lol:

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Thu 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I have tried my hardest to research "Omega Centauri" and the only thing I have found is that the bike rider in Brava Centauri was possibly wearing a shirt/jacket that said "Omega" on it.

http://www.intercot.com/edc/horizons/hscript4.html

I'd love some visual confirmation of this...and checked Mesa Verde Times...but they have so much on their blog that it would take me forever to find it there.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 21, 2013 8:47 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I have tried my hardest to research "Omega Centauri" and the only thing I have found is that the bike rider in Brava Centauri was possibly wearing a shirt/jacket that said "Omega" on it.

http://www.intercot.com/edc/horizons/hscript4.html

I'd love some visual confirmation of this...and checked Mesa Verde Times...but they have so much on their blog that it would take me forever to find it there.
The accompanying pictures have the caption of Omega Centauri under the space ending...you might have found it without realizing it :D

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Thu 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Hmm...I guess "Omega" is in the ride a few times. After looking through the pictures at Mesa Verde Times, I did see that there are Brava Centauri logos all over the space portion of the attraction. Oh well...If I get the shirt I'll probably still go with Mesa Verde.