Parking At Magic Kingdom advice needed

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Parking At Magic Kingdom advice needed

Post by cy1229 » Oct Tue 15, 2013 7:42 am

FWIW, the monorail isn't always running late. We were at MK for EMH that ran until 1 am, and at 11:30 bailed. It was me, hubby, my girls, and my nephew, and we were going to ride the monorail back to Contemporary / BLT. It was not running! :( :( :( So we walked back to BLT. Granted, it wasn't a horrifically long walk, but at that time, after a very, very long day walking, and hubby's blisters (remember that story) it seemed like the longest walk on the planet.

THE POINT is that I wouldn't count on the monorails running after 11 pm, even if the park is open until 1, and especially between MK and Epcot if Epcot isn't open that late.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Parking At Magic Kingdom advice needed

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 15, 2013 10:59 am

cy1229 wrote:FWIW, the monorail isn't always running late. We were at MK for EMH that ran until 1 am, and at 11:30 bailed. It was me, hubby, my girls, and my nephew, and we were going to ride the monorail back to Contemporary / BLT. It was not running! :( :( :( So we walked back to BLT. Granted, it wasn't a horrifically long walk, but at that time, after a very, very long day walking, and hubby's blisters (remember that story) it seemed like the longest walk on the planet.

THE POINT is that I wouldn't count on the monorails running after 11 pm, even if the park is open until 1, and especially between MK and Epcot if Epcot isn't open that late.
I remember that story! That is pretty good for me with my poor memory too :shock:
The monorails do sometimes stop earlier than you would think. But if the monorails aren't running, they will have buses for sure.