New Animal Kingdom Nighttime Entertainment

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: New Animal Kingdom Nighttime Entertainment

Post by Belle1082 » Jan Wed 22, 2014 11:17 am

theBIGyowski wrote:DW and I stayed at Kidani Village on our most recent trip...so being that close to AK would have made it easy to enjoy being there after sundown. Only problem is that it got down into the 30s after the sun went down last week...making AK the last park we would have wanted to be in.
I was in DW when Orlando had the biggest cold snap in I don't know how long and it was pretty brutal to be out at night. They even had to cover all of the plants because of the freeze warning!! Too cold for Disney!!! But still loved every minute!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Wed 22, 2014 11:44 am

about 4 years ago when we woke up to drive to the park we couldn't cause the windshield was covered in ice and I couldn't see out!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 22, 2014 2:28 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:about 4 years ago when we woke up to drive to the park we couldn't cause the windshield was covered in ice and I couldn't see out!
That would be something you wouldn't expect in Florida! :lol:

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Wed 22, 2014 5:33 pm

Amy wrote:
DaRkNeSs wrote:I have never seen ak at night and it is my favorite park from pictures the park looks absolutely stunning! I can't not wait to see the new land based on avatar! :donald:
We were lucky enough to be there a few years ago when they had an evening EMH and the park really was very pretty at night. We loved walking around the Tree of Life and seeing it all lit up :D The park had such a different atmosphere in the dark!
Wow now you really have me excited for night time magic there my wife and I can't wait that park was where we got engaged can't wait to see it lit up!! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Wed 22, 2014 7:57 pm

This is exactly what AK needs. Only being opened until 5 always seemed like such a waste to me.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Fri 24, 2014 9:46 am

I would love a night time Animal Kingdom! Sounds wonderful!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 24, 2014 9:03 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I would love a night time Animal Kingdom! Sounds wonderful!
All the times you've been you have never made it AK at night? I know they discontinued the EMH awhile back, but I'm surprised you never caught one on one of your trips.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Fri 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Amy wrote:
All the times you've been you have never made it AK at night? I know they discontinued the EMH awhile back, but I'm surprised you never caught one on one of your trips.
You know it's kinda funny... Animal Kingdom is our least favorite Park. I do not ride Everest, too fast. I do not ride Dinosaur, hurts my neck, too jerky. I do not ride Kali River Rapids, I hate getting wet. The Triceratop spin, makes me nauseous. So with that being said, Animal Kingdom is a half day park for me that begins as early as possible, like 8am. I have probably never been there past 2pm. I don't think I have been there in two years! The last time we went there was to go on the Wild Africa Trek Tour, which was unbelievable!!!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 25, 2014 9:51 am

cousininmiami wrote:
Amy wrote:
You know it's kinda funny... Animal Kingdom is our least favorite Park. I do not ride Everest, too fast. I do not ride Dinosaur, hurts my neck, too jerky. I do not ride Kali River Rapids, I hate getting wet. The Triceratop spin, makes me nauseous. So with that being said, Animal Kingdom is a half day park for me that begins as early as possible, like 8am. I have probably never been there past 2pm. I don't think I have been there in two years! The last time we went there was to go on the Wild Africa Trek Tour, which was unbelievable!!!
Do you enjoy seeing the animals on the treks and safari and in the shows? I think that is one of the reasons we like the park so much. We love seeing the animals! I like the big attractions as well, but Figment doesn't ride any of them and still enjoys the park. If they have later hours maybe you could go there late in the day just to look around :D

DaRkNeSs

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Sat 25, 2014 10:07 am

Do you enjoy seeing the animals on the treks and safari and in the shows? I think that is one of the reasons we like the park so much. We love seeing the animals! I like the big attractions as well, but Figment doesn't ride any of them and still enjoys the park. If they have later hours maybe you could go there late in the day just to look around :D

Yes I totally agree with Amy if you love animals this is your park if you love rides this isn't your park the way disney incorporated wildlife into nearly every aspect of the park I could just walk in this park at night and be completely happy! I look at every animal viewing area there is I have and always will love nature and wildlife! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!