New Animal Kingdom Nighttime Entertainment

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

New Animal Kingdom Nighttime Entertainment

Post by Cardinals314 » Oct Sat 12, 2013 8:41 am

Disney has announced that Animal Kingdom will now have a nighttime entertainment. Tom Staggs, the chairman of Disney Parks and Resorts, stated that Disney will be "adding all-new entertainment experiences, including a new nighttime spectacular where live music, floating lanterns, water screens and swirling animal imagery all combine to bring a show to Discovery River that will delight our guests and truly cap off their day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom."

Besides this show the park will introduce more nighttime entertainment as well, including live performers on Discovery Island and a new nighttime version of the Kilimanjaro Safaris."
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: New Animal Kingdom Nighttime Entertainment

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Sounds intriguing. I wonder if the shows will be anything like they have at Tokyo Disney Sea?
I'm curious about the nighttime version of the safari too. I wonder if they will be adding some nocturnal animals?

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Brian845 » Oct Tue 15, 2013 2:51 pm

When is this scheduled to start?

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Tue 15, 2013 4:13 pm

I wanna say this is all not until 2017. But very exciting! I can't imagine what it will be like to be at AK in the dark - since it never stays open that late. I bet this is going to be an incredible addition...AK needs some more umph and this could definitely help out! AND it will help the nighttime crowds at other parks...

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Zoos always kind of suffered from night time entertainment, probably because their main attraction (the animals) are not as active and/or cannot be seen in the dark. Though Disney doesn't make the live animals as much of the forefront for the park, so it may actually work.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Tue 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Belle1082 wrote:I wanna say this is all not until 2017. But very exciting! I can't imagine what it will be like to be at AK in the dark - since it never stays open that late. I bet this is going to be an incredible addition...AK needs some more umph and this could definitely help out! AND it will help the nighttime crowds at other parks...
well, its net really even lit properly(the whole park) at night(like walking down MS during MSEP), so there is going to have to be a serious walkway lighting and lamppost project as well...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 15, 2013 7:41 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:I wanna say this is all not until 2017. But very exciting! I can't imagine what it will be like to be at AK in the dark - since it never stays open that late. I bet this is going to be an incredible addition...AK needs some more umph and this could definitely help out! AND it will help the nighttime crowds at other parks...
well, its net really even lit properly(the whole park) at night(like walking down MS during MSEP), so there is going to have to be a serious walkway lighting and lamppost project as well...
We were able to be there after dark the last time we were there. It was pretty neat at night, the Tree of Life was especially beautiful all lit up :D It wasn't really a lot darker than any of the other parks at night that I noticed though...

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Wed 16, 2013 8:26 am

So jealous! I have never seen the Tree of Life lit up! I can only imagine how pretty it looks.

What is funny and random though is they do have a ton of lamp posts around the park. One of my, I'll admit-WEIRD, things that I love to do whenever I go to DW is take pictures of every different lamp post in each 'area'. You would be seriously surprised if you paid closer attention to how many different looking ones in each separate area and what the lamp posts look like in their respective themes. I always say someday I want to make a photography/coffee table book of all of the different themed lamp posts throughout the parks. ;-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 16, 2013 8:44 am

Belle1082 wrote:So jealous! I have never seen the Tree of Life lit up! I can only imagine how pretty it looks.

What is funny and random though is they do have a ton of lamp posts around the park. One of my, I'll admit-WEIRD, things that I love to do whenever I go to DW is take pictures of every different lamp post in each 'area'. You would be seriously surprised if you paid closer attention to how many different looking ones in each separate area and what the lamp posts look like in their respective themes. I always say someday I want to make a photography/coffee table book of all of the different themed lamp posts throughout the parks. ;-)
Not weird at all ~ it is fun to see the details that they put into the "ordinary" things in the parks! :D

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Thu 17, 2013 11:42 am

I personally think this will be very cool! The only downside is we have to wait a few years. :?

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Tue 21, 2014 7:45 pm

I have never seen ak at night and it is my favorite park from pictures the park looks absolutely stunning! I can't not wait to see the new land based on avatar! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:21 pm

DaRkNeSs wrote:I have never seen ak at night and it is my favorite park from pictures the park looks absolutely stunning! I can't not wait to see the new land based on avatar! :donald:
We were lucky enough to be there a few years ago when they had an evening EMH and the park really was very pretty at night. We loved walking around the Tree of Life and seeing it all lit up :D The park had such a different atmosphere in the dark!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Wed 22, 2014 10:11 am

DW and I stayed at Kidani Village on our most recent trip...so being that close to AK would have made it easy to enjoy being there after sundown. Only problem is that it got down into the 30s after the sun went down last week...making AK the last park we would have wanted to be in.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 22, 2014 10:49 am

theBIGyowski wrote:DW and I stayed at Kidani Village on our most recent trip...so being that close to AK would have made it easy to enjoy being there after sundown. Only problem is that it got down into the 30s after the sun went down last week...making AK the last park we would have wanted to be in.
Brrrr! Although I always think AK seems a bit warmer with all the lush vegetation ~ reminds me of the tropics!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Wed 22, 2014 11:04 am

i'll believe it when I see it. If its a loud show it wouldn't work with the animals in the park. One of the reasons they will never do fireworks there.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"