Adult options at WDW

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Adult options at WDW

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 7:24 pm

My husband I are empty nesters and we actually love WDW even more now that we can take our time to scout out adult things. One of our favorite places is the Boardwalk. We love eating at the ESPN Club and then hubby enjoys a cigar sitting on the Boardwalk while we both enjoy adult beverages. If you do this in the evening, the lights bring a whole new life there.

Does anyone have their adult favorites?

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Re: Adult options at WDW

Post by Sharonofwindham » Oct Sat 05, 2013 9:02 pm

We always love the World Showcase at night. But that is pretty much geared toward adults, so no surprise there. I think doing WDW childless has so many perks. I love it with kids as well, but it's a whole different kind of trip. When it's adults only you can take things slower, go where you want to go, and stay as long as you want :mickey: I really love Animal Kingdom, and I could literally observe the animals all day. With animals you have to be patient. We waited for over an hour once for them to bring a tiger into the exam room at Rafiki's Planet Watch. It was definitely worth the wait! :ccat:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 9:24 pm

I forgot, does WDW allow you to smoke anywhere you want? I know DLR has limits on it's property.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:We always love the World Showcase at night. But that is pretty much geared toward adults, so no surprise there. I think doing WDW childless has so many perks. I love it with kids as well, but it's a whole different kind of trip. When it's adults only you can take things slower, go where you want to go, and stay as long as you want :mickey: I really love Animal Kingdom, and I could literally observe the animals all day. With animals you have to be patient. We waited for over an hour once for them to bring a tiger into the exam room at Rafiki's Planet Watch. It was definitely worth the wait! :ccat:
Did they let you know they were going to be bringing a tiger in at some point or did you simply luck out?
Wizzard419 wrote:I forgot, does WDW allow you to smoke anywhere you want? I know DLR has limits on it's property.
There are designated smoking areas. That being said, guests don't always stick to those areas :(

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sat 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Bdude and I have only experienced "adults" WDW so far...we hope to change that in the somwhat near future, this upcoming trip may be our last as "adults" only?! :wink:

We LOVE staying at the Boardwalk (the Epcot resort area rocks) and we love having an adult beverage at the Bellavue Lounge, sitting out on the balcony is fun to people watch! We usually do that on our last evening, and we recap all of our favorite moments of that trip! :D It's bitter/sweet. And of course WS is awesome!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Oct Sun 06, 2013 12:08 am

I definitely recommend going to the Poly and getting either adult beverages or Dole Whips and get a lounge chair on the beach (or 2, depending on how cozy you want to get). Cuddling with your spouse and watching Wishes then the water parade. You have to get there early enough to get a chair but the time waiting is part of that special adult time you are looking for.

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sun 06, 2013 8:04 am

We also love grabbing a Port Orleans ferry at Downtown Disney and enjoy the boat ride to PO Riverside to eat at Boatwrights. After dining and perusing the POR resort we grab a ferry back to DTD, dink around there and then grab a Mickey bus back to Pop where we usually stay. This little jaunt is an enjoyable afternoon/evening venture.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Sun 06, 2013 8:20 am

laurie5658 wrote:My husband I are empty nesters and we actually love WDW even more now that we can take our time to scout out adult things. One of our favorite places is the Boardwalk. We love eating at the ESPN Club and then hubby enjoys a cigar sitting on the Boardwalk while we both enjoy adult beverages. If you do this in the evening, the lights bring a whole new life there.

We sound like twins.... :lol: :lol: :lol: , We enjoy Disney so much more now that we can do the "Take your time mode" We try to go for at least 9 days to spend at least 2 days at each park and one at Downtown Disney. And I too love to sit at night at Downtown Disney right out side of Sosa's cigar shop at the little outside bar at Bongo's to enjoy a drink and a nice smoke to people watch. Wish I was there now. lol :D :goofy:

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sun 06, 2013 8:27 am

Goofyfan wrote:
laurie5658 wrote:My husband I are empty nesters and we actually love WDW even more now that we can take our time to scout out adult things. One of our favorite places is the Boardwalk. We love eating at the ESPN Club and then hubby enjoys a cigar sitting on the Boardwalk while we both enjoy adult beverages. If you do this in the evening, the lights bring a whole new life there.

We sound like twins.... :lol: :lol: :lol: , We enjoy Disney so much more now that we can do the "Take your time mode" We try to go for at least 9 days to spend at least 2 days at each park and one at Downtown Disney. And I too love to sit at night at Downtown Disney right out side of Sosa's cigar shop at the little outside bar at Bongo's to enjoy a drink and a nice smoke to people watch. Wish I was there now. lol :D :goofy:
Oh! Oh! Oh! My husband LOVES to go IN to Sosa's to enjoy a hand picked cigar and his favorite adult beverages. Get this, while he is doing that i go literally next door to Raglan Road and sample my way through the awesome beer menu. LOVE!!!!!! (and yes, we do much more than hit our favorite bars LOL).

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Sun 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Wow there are a lot of good options in this thread...
My wife and I just love to walk around the World Showcase beer in hand and explore. We just enjoy each other's company until Illuminations.

This started when we went down during Christmas week and we did that several times. It was AWESOME.

Many of the other suggestions we have done and we love them all...

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sun 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Another thing we like to do is take our time and look for cozy and quiet nook and crannies in all the parks to simply sit and people watch. This is a great activity especially at Christmas time and listen to the music. No hustle or bustle at all and chillin' at its finest.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sun 06, 2013 5:58 pm

laurie5658 wrote:Another thing we like to do is take our time and look for cozy and quiet nook and crannies in all the parks to simply sit and people watch. This is a great activity especially at Christmas time and listen to the music. No hustle or bustle at all and chillin' at its finest.
Bdude and I LOVE to do this as well! We like the little side street off of Main St. USA, and also Hollywood Blvd. at DHS! :D

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sun 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Oh speaking of Studios, if any of you haven't done this yet...grab a bench on Sunset Blvd and wait for the street characters to come out and "play". They are so hilarious!!!! Love them all!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Oct Mon 07, 2013 3:30 pm

DW and I did a "Monorail Crawl" on our last trip and hope to do the same for any future "adults only" trips...or if we have grandparents with us to watch kids for an evening.

You can read my recap here if you want. I highly suggest trying it.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Mon 07, 2013 3:36 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:DW and I did a "Monorail Crawl" on our last trip and hope to do the same for any future "adults only" trips...or if we have grandparents with us to watch kids for an evening.

You can read my recap here if you want. I highly suggest trying it.
Ok, this IS a must do for Jimmy and Laurie!!! In our case, it would be beers but we can act high falooten if need be with a beer LOL. THANK YOU for the idea!!!