All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

2013 Wine & Dine Half Marathon anyone?

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Fri 04, 2013 9:42 am

All of those running 2013 Wine & Dine please raise your hands! :wave:

This will be my second year and I think this is my favorite RunDisney event so far. I went Goofy this year and Princess twice but W&D is still my fave!!! You are able to print your waivers and check your corral placement now. So excited!!!!

Zillerzap
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Re: 2013 Wine & Dine Half Marathon anyone?

Post by Zillerzap » Oct Fri 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Not doing it this year, but I agree that this is one of the best out there.

Good luck & have fun! :ccat:

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Fri 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Thank you!!!!!!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Fri 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Best of luck laurie5658! We have never done this race and I would LOVE to, the course looks awesome!!! ENJOY!!! Let us know how you do and post pics! :D Run happy!

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 10:03 am

I will certainly do that. There is something about running this HM at night that makes it stand out from all other RunDisney events. Disney takes on another life at night!! If anyone ever has a chance to do this, please do!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Sat 05, 2013 11:25 am

Me and my wife are doing it this year. First time for W&D but we have done some other runDisney events. 5 weeks from today!!! I can't wait to run at night and then walk around Epcot until 4AM!!!! :)

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 11:33 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Me and my wife are doing it this year. First time for W&D but we have done some other runDisney events. 5 weeks from today!!! I can't wait to run at night and then walk around Epcot until 4AM!!!! :)
You will love it! We purchased a post party ticket for hubby and he can keep himself entertained at World Showcase while I am running my heart out LOL. I went to the party by myself last year and LOVED it. I finally had to give up at 3am. My day was just starting LOL!!!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sat 05, 2013 11:59 am

The only night event we've been able to run was the Tower of Terror run, had one of best times! I love running at night!!! Good luck to all!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Neat! I didn't know about the night aspect of this run ~ and staying in EPCOT until 4 am? Awesome!! :hm_ghost:

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Amy wrote:Neat! I didn't know about the night aspect of this run ~ and staying in EPCOT until 4 am? Awesome!! :hm_ghost:
And it's just the runners and their families at the post party so it makes it such a nice crowd. They give you a wristband worth $10 to spend on food or beverages. Of course after one of my big beer at Germany my $$$ is pretty much used up LOL. They have bands playing and all kinds of things going on. So much fun.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 05, 2013 7:38 pm

laurie5658 wrote:
Amy wrote:Neat! I didn't know about the night aspect of this run ~ and staying in EPCOT until 4 am? Awesome!! :hm_ghost:
And it's just the runners and their families at the post party so it makes it such a nice crowd. They give you a wristband worth $10 to spend on food or beverages. Of course after one of my big beer at Germany my $$$ is pretty much used up LOL. They have bands playing and all kinds of things going on. So much fun.
That does sound like fun! Are any of the attractions open, or just the food and wine kiosks?

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Amy wrote:
laurie5658 wrote:
That does sound like fun! Are any of the attractions open, or just the food and wine kiosks?
Several attractions are open plus Off Kilter is plying plus dj's scattered around.

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 9:31 pm

I never been to a RunDisney event, which is a shame since I love to run. One day I will get to it.
laurie5658 wrote:All of those running 2013 Wine & Dine please raise your hands! :wave:

This will be my second year and I think this is my favorite RunDisney event so far.
I'm just curious...what makes this race your favorite? I'm considering doing next year's Tower of Terror ten miler. Is it a better race than that?
Image Image

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sat 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Just throwing in my .02 here...we have not had the pleasure of running the ToT since 2007, but running Disney at night was AWESOME! The post race party was super crowded, Rock N Roller Coaster and ToT were open but it was packed and DHS is not that big. I'm guessing the Wine and Dine is nicer b/c you are more spread out! The race course also looks cool!!! Not to mention Disney has the BEST finisher medals ever! :D

We've also run the Minnie Marathon (which I believe is now the Princess 1/2) and the 1/2 Marathon twice. All amazing experiences!!! The 1/2 is cool b/c you start out so early, you get to see the sunrise! Night races are an entirely different animal. I don't think you can go wrong with whichever race you pick!!!

The only thing I would factor in is weather...it will most likely be humid around the ToT run. The Marathon weekend is a crap shoot, sometimes it's warm and sometimes it's cold! Just depends how effected you are by weather.

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Sun 06, 2013 8:08 am

BuDz211 wrote:I never been to a RunDisney event, which is a shame since I love to run. One day I will get to it.
laurie5658 wrote:All of those running 2013 Wine & Dine please raise your hands! :wave:

This will be my second year and I think this is my favorite RunDisney event so far.
I'm just curious...what makes this race your favorite? I'm considering doing next year's Tower of Terror ten miler. Is it a better race than that?
I can't quite put my finger on it but there is something about running WDW at night that is magical. Running at night period is quite different in itself. The finisher's medal is awesome and I especially love the post-race shindig at World Showcase. One word of warning, make sure you take the day of W&D easy and perhaps take an afternoon nap so you can party into the wee hours of the next morning. Just so much fun to be had!!!