Disney Expanding Cancellation Fees

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney Expanding Cancellation Fees

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Mon 18, 2013 1:58 am

But when you would go to check in at said establishment... do you give them a code or just your name?

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Nov Mon 18, 2013 9:11 am

either, most times i just went down to the resort concierge and had them print the conf out, and i put it in the lanyard holder for my KTTW

duggett
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by duggett » Nov Mon 18, 2013 11:12 am

Despite cancellations not being required in the past, there were often cancellations anyway, usually within a few days of the reservations. This is probably due to people getting to WDW and starting to finalize their schedules for each day based on weather, park preferences each day, realizing their reservations don't match what is logistically possible when requiring travel between parks, etc. and deciding to be "responsible" or "kind" and cancelling the reservations they don't plan to use. This frees up the time slot for others. We check every morning when we are at WDW (EARLY in the morning) to see if anything has become available due to cancellations. We have gotten into places "at the last minute" that had been unavailable for months. Not always, but sometimes. A bit of an irritation (the process of checking), but if you get in to a favorite restaurant, it's like winning the lottery.

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Nov Mon 25, 2013 2:52 pm

It's either have penalties for not showing up or its open more terrific eateries. I vote more eateries! But alas, I'm guessing my vote does not count for much.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Mon 25, 2013 2:57 pm

They do open up more places, like steakhouses in the immediate Epcot World Showcase area. You can dine at Yachtsman (which arguably has better beef) but everyone still wants to dine at Le Cellier. There are loads of character dining options, but everyone still wants to eat in the castle...

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Mon 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Thinking about what Wizz posted up there ^...

Let's say someone is a Disney newbie and doesn't know about ADR's. Or, finds out about them "too late" to get into the most highly demanded locations at a "normal" meal time. How likely is it for a family of 4 to be able to eat at a restaurant at a resort, like the Yachtsman, or Whispering Canyon Cafe, or Boma? I know 'Ohana is impossible as is Chef Mickey's due to their locations. But the more "obscure" locations have me wondering.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Nov Tue 26, 2013 11:14 am

right this secong, if you want a table for 2 at la cellier, i see one for 1:50... but o'hana is full

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Tue 26, 2013 11:28 am

Well if you want to eat dinner at a time that would make old people even mock you, then go for it. :D

One thing that does help a little is if you make same day reservations through the dining service number, if you say "I want to eat here tonight" and they are unable to find anything, they will offer similar alternatives for you. I would imagine if you went to the establishments that were booked all they would do is tell you that you won't be dining here tonight.